Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 07:17 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,055,403 times

Advertisements

Hey what's with the bad blood between ND and Purdue? Can you guys fill me in? I overheard some co-workers talk about something Weis said last year after their game and apparently he guaranteed a win this weekend or something! Can you guys fill me in? I didn't realize how much Purdue fans hate ND!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 09:19 PM

371 posts, read 1,008,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Hey what's with the bad blood between ND and Purdue? Can you guys fill me in? I overheard some co-workers talk about something Weis said last year after their game and apparently he guaranteed a win this weekend or something! Can you guys fill me in? I didn't realize how much Purdue fans hate ND!
SansaCharlie made a statement when he came to ND that the days of 'losing to the Purdue's of the world are over'... He must not have ate his case of White Castles that day...

Old 09-27-2007, 03:47 AM

Oh! He said that?? Wow, so he really is a jerk. I can not stand that guy, nothing against ND but I'd happy if he didn't win a single game from this point on he's such an arragant person with a fealthy mouth.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:32 AM

104 posts, read 365,702 times
I'm thinking Weiss isn't all what we thought he would be. I remember he said he was going to make his teams nasty and the tradition would come back to ND, but after this season, I have yet to see it, even the previous two seasons he's been coaching. His weekly comments I read are pathetic. Jimmy Clausen looks like a kid who should still be playing High School Football still and how he was rated the number one QB out of high school is beyond me. Seems those Michigan fans got the real QB in Mallet. He looks like he's ready for college football. Every time I see Clausen it makes me want to smack him. He is all about his ego. These four years with him at the helm, ND won't go anywhere. He is entirely overrated.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:31 PM

142 posts, read 524,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkman View Post
I'm thinking Weiss isn't all what we thought he would be. I remember he said he was going to make his teams nasty and the tradition would come back to ND, but after this season, I have yet to see it, even the previous two seasons he's been coaching. His weekly comments I read are pathetic. Jimmy Clausen looks like a kid who should still be playing High School Football still and how he was rated the number one QB out of high school is beyond me. Seems those Michigan fans got the real QB in Mallet. He looks like he's ready for college football. Every time I see Clausen it makes me want to smack him. He is all about his ego. These four years with him at the helm, ND won't go anywhere. He is entirely overrated.
Elkman, I agree with everything you say about Clausen, he is nothing but an overrated spoiled brat.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:50 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Clausen is doing fine considering that he has absolutey ZERO protection. Let's not forget that he's a kid fresh out of high school and he's nowhere near where he needs to be physically. Reminds of Brady Q's first game against Purdue, they smeared that kid into the ground and relished doing it. Ah, but 3 years later, BQ made Purdue look like doo.

ND will not fire Weis, no way, no how. We are on the receiving end of Ty's pitiful recruiting .. yes, we are! It's gonna take another year to begin righting the ship of the previous coach's, and previous ND administration's (Fr. Malloy take note) mistakes and attempts and bringing the football program down.

This year is a wash. Beating ND is going to be like beating a pack of hamsters, no big deal. The media will have a heyday, the ND haters have been out of the woodwork for 3+ years now relishing ND football's downfall.

I don't envy Charlie and his staff right now. They need to keep the players they have now from bailing (lost Reuland yesterday) and keep the players that they have verbals from, from bailing too. That's their primary job at this point. Oh, and keep Jimmy Clausen healthy and start putting some bulk on him this summer. Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Leo DeCaprio?

One more thing .. for heaven's sake ND, join the Big 10!

Old 09-27-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
We are on the receiving end of Ty's pitiful recruiting .. yes, we are! It's gonna take another year to begin righting the ship of the previous coach's, and previous ND administration's (Fr. Malloy take note) mistakes and attempts and bringing the football program down.

So, are you admitting that Ty Wellingham was not given enough time to do anything at ND and to have his own system/players before getting fired?

Old 09-28-2007, 05:16 AM

104 posts, read 365,702 times
I agree, Clausen needs to bulk up if he wants to be a good QB. And he will always be a spoiled brat. To me he looks to be better at acting like he's good compared to how good he should be.
Let me just say that Navy will have their first win against ND this year. I respect Navy every year when they play ND, they play them with heart and passion and all those years of losing will finally pay off.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:24 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
I agree with you regarding Navy, heck, I wouldn't expect an 0-12 season, I'm serious! But beating ND this year means nothing.

Ty's inability/refusal to go after top talent wasn't going to get any better, it was going to get worse. Ty quit ND after his 3rd loss to USC. He hated ND, his family hated living in Granger. They are a west coast family and they are probably much happier in Seattle and back in the pac-10. Ty wanted out of ND bad, so his firing wasn't so much a surprise to him, but a happy relief. And face it, if it weren't for ND, nobody would know who Ty Willingham is outside of the west coast. He's a class act as a coach and ND was the perfect stepping stone for him to become a well known/sought after coach. He's well on his way to getting UW back to where they should be in the football world. But it's a shame that he let the media make this a race issue when that wasn't the case at all. I'll always hold that against him. Also, Fr. Malloy wanted nothing more than to kill ND football. When Lou was coach, before Malloy came in, the administration allowed academically questionable players in (remember Tony Rice and Chris Zorich?? They were prop 48 and wouldn't be allowed on campus under Fr. Malloy). Anyway, once Malloy came in, those days were over and ND was having a hard time getting top recruits because of more strict academic standards instituted under Malloy. But I digress. I know that Bob Davie and Ty were frustrated by Malloy's strict academic requirements. From what I understand, Weis demanded that Fr. Jenkins allow "x" amount of academically challenged recruits be allowed in before he accepted the job.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:04 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,150,549 times
Today's upset special: Notre Dame's offense will finally come alive today and surprise the Purdue Boilermakers. The Irish will blister their gold & black blimies! ND 35 Purdue 28
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana