Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:16 PM

71 posts, read 298,587 times

Advertisements

tigerslaney - may i ask why you are moving to south bend instead of valpo? The valpo/chesterton area is so much nicer, just curious as to why you chose South Bend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 12:16 PM

413 posts, read 1,846,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
I like:

DeBrands
South Bend Chocolate Company
FWA
The country
The many trails that Fort Wayne has
The Fort Wayne Zoo
The Komets
The Fort Wayne Sports Vacation and Boat Show!

If I keep going I'll just keep listing more things from Fort Wayne!
DeBrands....is that a Chocolate place? We stopped in Fort Wayne and my wifes friend took us to some chocolate place and it was out of this world!!! Hands down best chocolate I have ever had!! Pretty sure that was the name of the place.

Ok, on to the fun stuff. Out of total respect will not diss in this thread.
What I like about Indiana: Rent prices. Yep, that's about it. Low rent prices. I think thats what attracts many here.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:56 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,396,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
DeBrands....is that a Chocolate place? We stopped in Fort Wayne and my wifes friend took us to some chocolate place and it was out of this world!!! Hands down best chocolate I have ever had!! Pretty sure that was the name of the place.

Ok, on to the fun stuff. Out of total respect will not diss in this thread.
What I like about Indiana: Rent prices. Yep, that's about it. Low rent prices. I think thats what attracts many here.
DeBrands is a chocolate place, and only made in Fort Wayne.

I'd say that is one reason that people come here, but not the ONLY reason. People who fail to discover other things about Indiana are missing out.

Do I like living here? Absolutely not, that's because I was born and raised here. Am I going to completely disrespect it in every sense like some people who move here live here a few years and never try and experience anything for themselves? Absolutely not! Just because I think Indiana has many faults, it doesn't mean I won't find the same ones if not more some place else. I could live in a place that is 80 degrees everyday. That's cool, but I never get to see flowers bloom and blossom in the Spring time, I never get to see the trees change colors in the Fall, never get to experience thunderstorms very often. And hey look at it this way, if all the hype about global warming is real, I won't have to worry about moving, because Indiana won't become part of the ocean.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerslaney View Post
Hello everyone, Ronzou hi. thank you so much for the links. My husband and I are transferring to Valparaiso,Indiana for work but are looking at the apts. in South Bend, In
thanks again for the lovely links,, I cant wait to move this March..God bless you for helping others..and everyone else too you make the places sound great..I grew up in Ontario canada with trees and parks ..now I am in Dallas texas area and moving north again..woohoo ) now to find a shaul. anyone know of a synagogue near South Bend, IN? Thanks all.
I can't really help out with South Bend, only been there once a long time ago, and don't remember one thing about it!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
DeBrands is a chocolate place, and only made in Fort Wayne.

I'd say that is one reason that people come here, but not the ONLY reason. People who fail to discover other things about Indiana are missing out.

Do I like living here? Absolutely not, that's because I was born and raised here. Am I going to completely disrespect it in every sense like some people who move here live here a few years and never try and experience anything for themselves? Absolutely not! Just because I think Indiana has many faults, it doesn't mean I won't find the same ones if not more some place else. I could live in a place that is 80 degrees everyday. That's cool, but I never get to see flowers bloom and blossom in the Spring time, I never get to see the trees change colors in the Fall, never get to experience thunderstorms very often. And hey look at it this way, if all the hype about global warming is real, I won't have to worry about moving, because Indiana won't become part of the ocean.
Parts of Indiana just went through severe flooding. Nappanee got leveled by a tornado. Cold advisories are non-stop...I din't turn this thread negative I'm just responding to small rocks that were thrown at me.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
Parts of Indiana just went through severe flooding. Nappanee got leveled by a tornado. Cold advisories are non-stop...I din't turn this thread negative I'm just responding to small rocks that were thrown at me.
No, but think of the numerous times you did that to other threads when all people wanted was simple information and you and many others just threw out some BS about what you have seen from basic trekking!

And think of it this way! YOU THINK INDIANA IS THE ONLY PLACE THAT THESE THINGS HAPPEN TO? ABSOLUTELY NOT! It's not what you say that's negative it's your general attitude that's going to change. Think of it when you're out there in LA living up this fantasy that you've dreamed up for yourself and your significant other when the crap hits the fan.

Is Indiana the worst stay by far NO!

I think Indiana would be a very wonderful place to live it could advance more technological instead of industrial.

Even then the positives far outweigh the negatives of Indiana. But for me, I just want to go other places too. Even outside of the US, I'm adventurous I can't stay in one place for too long without getting bored. But if I had to choose to Settle down it would be either Fort Wayne, or one other place. And if Fort Wayne was warm all year round, I'd stay here.

Back to the positives!

People here are VERY honest.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:54 PM

95 posts, read 456,389 times
I like how it has the feel of a larger city, with more than enough small town hospitality.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:06 AM

Ronzou, you are absolutely right. I am foolish. Sorry for hijacking this thread. (ps- that was NOT sarcasm, I really apologize for what I said.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:50 PM

No worries man. Being born and raised and living here 22 years and being able to witness the many different advances and everything here, it's pretty great.
I completely understand why you like CA like you do, believe me, I get out there each summer since '05. It's a wonderful place.

It's just some of the people in CA take extreme offense when you ask about the types of things their because you're interested in moving there. It's just like, forget it then. Act like that then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something I like about here!

THESE PEOPLE!

The Official Website of the Indianapolis Colts

Old 01-25-2008, 02:51 PM

And...

THIS!

http://www.debrand.com/images/home_images/dark-truffle-heart.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana