Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:53 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,496,644 times

Advertisements

Forgive me if this makes me neanderthal or politically incorrect, but one of the best things about Indiana is the WOMEN!! Some of the FINEST ladies anywhere!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
Forgive me if this makes me neanderthal or politically incorrect, but one of the best things about Indiana is the WOMEN!! Some of the FINEST ladies anywhere!
aw shucks !!!

Old 03-11-2008, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,497 times
Hi, I'm new here. I live in Delaware and I loathe it!! Pollution,crime and expense cause me much stress! This sounds crazy but I've been searching for "Bedford Falls" to move away and start over. I found this website today and I love hearing how you all really love your state! I long for clean air and a safe neighborhood. I work 2 jobs and it is taking forever to save for a house, but you don't get much for the money here. Every one here are to busy to wave "hello",much less say it! Enough rambling, I noticed Bedford on you're map and I'm curious If anyone has been?

Old 03-12-2008, 07:05 AM

Hey! Here's another thing I like about living in Indiana ...

drumroll please ...

THE INDIANA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY WILL PROBABLY COUNT THIS YEAR!!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:51 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,496,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Hey! Here's another thing I like about living in Indiana ...

drumroll please ..

THE INDIANA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY WILL PROBABLY COUNT THIS YEAR!!!!
Obama wins Lake and Marion Counties! Hillary wins State!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
Obama wins Lake and Marion Counties! Hillary wins State!
We shall see
We shall see
but you are probably right.

Allen county won't show up at the polls

Old 03-21-2008, 02:47 PM

26 posts, read 95,455 times
I have sort of mixed feelings about Indiana. Growing up I couldn't wait to leave, now that I'm back in the area (ky) I have a hard time considering leaving. I think Indiana is one of those places that growing up can seem very borring/backwater (if outside major metros). But once you leave, something always seems to draw you back to it. As some one already said on here (parraphraseing) It's not exciting but it's home.

Things I love about IN:
Unique, Understated Beauty
Slower pace of life
Filled with "undiscovered Gems" Culturally and Natural beauty
As stated before People (tend to be) more genuine.
Sense of history and the past
The cost of living isn't outrageous like other places I've lived (Colorado)

If I could find an area with a fairly strong art/crafts community and Organic/natural foods
(that's not a huge city like Indy) I would move back in a heart beat.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,681,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingIndiana View Post
I know Indiana isn't for everybody, but it has so many things to love about it. Personally, I'm partial to the southern half. You hear so much about how the state is one flat cornfield, but from around Bloomington to the Ohio River there are rolling hills and the Hoosier Nat'l Forest. In this area, there is hiking, biking, camping, boating/fishing, great mushroom hunting, an amusement park, and some beautiful caves including in Marengo where one of the largest cave areas is a National Landmark. The small towns also offer an opportunity to be a part of a community where people can grow to know each other and, because of that familiarity and accountability, to trust one another. There is also the unxpected, such as in Orange County where you can go skiing in the winter or see two of the most beautiful hotels anywhere.(Orange County Convention and Visitors Bureau)

For those that prefer the city, although Indy may face many of the problems that all cities of its size struggle with, there is also so much to offer. Professional football and basketball, good minor league baseball, a downtown that is alive with both locals and those in town for conventions, sporting tournaments, the 500, etc. There's always a great music scene and lots of venues such as the Murat, Clowes Hall at Butler University, White River State Park, and even Conseco Fieldhouse. There's the zoo, ice skating at PanAm plaza, shopping, the Eiteljorg museum, a GREAT children's museum, and the list goes on. I also love that Indy has a metro population of nearly 1.5 million people and all these amenities, but has still managed to retain the feel of a small town. If you want to get away for a weekend though, it is less than 2 hours to Louisville or Cincy and 3 hours from Chicago or Columbus, OH.

If you can handle about a month and a half of significant cold in the winter time and don't mind a generally conservative environment, Indiana can be a great and affordable place to live and raise a family for anyone who has the ability and the character to work hard. I now live in Ohio, but in my heart Indiana will always be my home.
Couldn't agree more! I'm new here but a longtime lurker. I have to say, I was one of those who couldn't wait to 'get out of Indiana'- last year we moved to Florida & I have to say, what an eye-opener! Only now can I appreciate what I had back home, and it was pretty darn good. I left behind my family, great friends, great schools, seasons!, I could go on... to live by the ocean. Well, I'll tell you what- I liked the ocean alot more when I lived in Indiana. I can't even enjoy here in Florida because I'm too preoccupied with horrible traffic, crappy humidity, bugs, critters & unidentified crawly things (I really didn't know Florida had scorpions), the WORST drivers I've ever encountered, poor schools, no sense of community, I could go on here too.... Simply put, I cannot wait to get back home in Indiana! I've learned my lesson, the grass is NOT always greener

Old 03-26-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegirl View Post
Couldn't agree more! I'm new here but a longtime lurker. I have to say, I was one of those who couldn't wait to 'get out of Indiana'- last year we moved to Florida & I have to say, what an eye-opener! Only now can I appreciate what I had back home, and it was pretty darn good. I left behind my family, great friends, great schools, seasons!, I could go on... to live by the ocean. Well, I'll tell you what- I liked the ocean alot more when I lived in Indiana. I can't even enjoy here in Florida because I'm too preoccupied with horrible traffic, crappy humidity, bugs, critters & unidentified crawly things (I really didn't know Florida had scorpions), the WORST drivers I've ever encountered, poor schools, no sense of community, I could go on here too.... Simply put, I cannot wait to get back home in Indiana! I've learned my lesson, the grass is NOT always greener
Here's a Hoosier hug. We'll be here when your ready to come home. Enjoy the ocean though.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:00 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,681,479 times
Aww thanks We'll be back home soon *hopefully* I miss being a Hoosier (& I say that proudly!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana