Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 10:21 PM

12,116 posts, read 23,402,522 times

Advertisements

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 10:24 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,225,592 times
Default Do not make a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Make sure to ask during the interview. Be honest about the dealbreaker. Why string them along if you wouldn't work under those circumstances? No one appreciates having their time wasted.

If you can set the times around your commute no problem. Question of scheduling.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:12 AM

20,846 posts, read 17,184,513 times
Now. here's the rub boys and girls.

I asked what areas she most wanted to be rid of. She said 1) scheduling 2) timecards and 3) meetings

Now I ask y'all if you hired a highly skilled clinical person would you really wanting them doing tasks like timecards? She asked me and I told her that would be the area I had no experience or my opportunity for growth but evaluating it after words with my family I was surprised. Now, I get it management just drops these tasks onto people but reviewing time cards hardly requires a person with a master's degree.

I am thinking to myself hmmm.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:41 PM

3,880 posts, read 2,396,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Since hospitals are operating 24/7 people are needed for all shifts. Coming in new you are not likely to get the best choice of hours to work. At the interview, it may come up. They may ask a question like "would you be able to work any of the 3 shifts?" If not, you would just ask at the end, usually you will be asked if you ave any questions.

I would not discuss this ahead of time. Do the best you can in the interview and when it does come up hopefully they will be impressed with you and be more cooperative about the hours.
Ridiculous. Why go into an interview and waste time to wait until the end of the interview to ask an important question to the OP like that which may be a deal breaker. If I were interviewing system admins for a 24/7 operation, I would want to know now if someone can't work 3rd shift, and not wait until we bring them in for a bunch of interviews with people and have them sheepishly ask this question at the end. That would upset me.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:26 AM

I agreed with this ^

Old 09-15-2019, 05:10 PM

Just a f/u to give experience. I did not hear back. I requested feedback via email about my interview. None forthcoming. It is unusual for me not to get the job. Sobering and in the world of work a healthy thing I think. Teaches me again I'm competing with others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search