Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 12:26 PM

17 posts, read 33,379 times

Advertisements

Why do so many dislike the Jewish People? Well look at history:

1. The Jewish people sin.
2. G-d allows the nations to attack, they hate us.
3. The Jewish people repent and are forgiven. Our oppressors are defeated, the nations respect us.
4. Repeat (keeps happening over and over, guess were not all that smart).

The arabs, nazi, christians, romans, . . . none of them matter their hatred is the symptom not the disease.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:43 PM

413 posts, read 782,822 times
This article is a must read for people interested in Ashkenazim and their psychology.

VDARE.com: 11/05/05 - “Stalin’s Willing Executioners”?
“Stalin’s Willing Executioners”? by Kevin MacDonald

An excerpt:

Quote:
Their presence was particularly notable at the top levels of the Cheka and OGPU (two successive acronyms for the secret police). Here Slezkine provides statistics on Jewish overrepresentation in these organizations, especially in supervisory roles, and quotes historian Leonard Shapiro’s comment that “anyone who had the misfortune to fall into the hands of the Cheka stood a very good chance of finding himself confronted with and possibly shot by a Jewish investigator.”

During the 1930s, Slezkine reports, the secret police, now known as the NKVD, “was one of the most Jewish of all Soviet institutions”, with 42 of the 111 top officials being Jewish. At this time 12 of the 20 NKVD directorates were headed by ethnic Jews, including those in charge of State Security, Police, Labor Camps, and Resettlement (deportation).

The Gulag was headed by ethnic Jews from its beginning in 1930 until the end of 1938, a period that encompasses the worst excesses of the Great Terror.

They were, in Slezkine’s remarkable phrase, “Stalin’s willing executioners”.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:48 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,903 times
I'm not much help on why people do not like Jewish people because I really LIKE Jewish people! I think that I personally have learned a lot from the Jewish community as a whole and really appreciate all they have contributed!
Allthough I am not Jewish, I do not see anything there to dislike!

Old 05-30-2008, 03:52 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,072,460 times
Yeah.. I have no problem with Jewish people..

Whats not to like?

List of Jewish American actors in television - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-30-2008, 03:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
that is an easy one. people covet. people that endure are loving hard working and smart and successful in the face of much adversity, are the object of much coveting. you dont have to be jewish to get stoned but it helps. envey is the fuel behind much racism. the race card is the disguise used to hide much coveting.
i have a dream.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:46 PM

123 posts, read 303,932 times
I don't believe this was a serious cause for world situations YET, but I give Frenchman reputation, and then I can't do the same to TrickyD. What else, the facts of relatable truth can be of interest for the work a lot in these regions of the world in the cross relationship of scientific analysis. But to me this is delaying the real problem. How does one create tolerance for one another's group's required initiative for the system of commonwealth initiative?

Jews are all coming to Poland now; ...

Old 05-30-2008, 11:30 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,971,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
Ashkenazim can't co-exist with Christians, let alone with Muslims.
Where can't Ashkenazim coexist with the Christians?

Quote:
Ashkenazim are fundamentally anti-religion (anti-Islam), anti-nationalism (anti-Arabism), anti-monarchy (anti-Saudi).
Ashkenazim brought us the Hasidim, the Lubavitch movement, the Conservative movement, the Reform movement in Judaism. How the heck is that anti-religion?

Old 05-31-2008, 04:01 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I was in a discussion with my family, and a question was brought up which I want to put to this forum.
In history the Jewish people have been down many hard roads. Enslaved by Egypt, Defeated in war and enslaved by the Phoenicians, Ruled with an “Iron Hand” by Rome, almost wiped out by the Nazis, hated and killed by Catholics for the last 2000 years, and it seems hated by the Muslims today. With all OUR western history coming from them, why do so many dislike the Jewish people and faith?

I am not looking for bible verses as I do not accept it as an answer to anything, but I would like to here views from a wide range of people.
From the Jewish perspective, we see it as our duty to G-d. Some think we take the title "G-d's Chosen People" to mean we're better than Gentiles, but it's more like we were chosen to endure suffering - like the story of Job. As for the actual reasons behind modern Anti-Semitism, they stem from a number of issues... dislike of Israel/Israeli politics (which many blame on ALL Jews), media portrayal, the old "they killed Jesus," simple ignorance, and some are threatened by our overall successes. I can't explain it further, and unfortunately it's unlikely I'll change anyone's opinions of us. Bigots aren't worth my time anyway, so I just go on living my life.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:11 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Having said that, I don't believe in the wide-spread anti-semitism which you believe exists at the degree in which you say. I think you hear about it (i.e. Mel Gibson) but I wouldn't say the average American even contemplates such hatred.
You'd be surprised, and probably don't notice only because you aren't a Jew... I live in Northern California, possibly the most liberal part of the US, and have encountered many Anti-Semites here. I don't look stereotypically Jewish (people assume I'm Irish because of the red hair), and therefore overhear unpleasant things all too often. Just recently I had this creepy guy flirting with me, while telling me about this "cool website" I should check out - it happened to be for an Anti-Semitic & racist band, and he thought their swastika t-shirts were funny. Oy vey. I told him I was Jewish, and his face turned as red as my hair! Luckily it's not something I experience every day, but it's hardly a dead issue.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:45 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I was in a discussion with my family, and a question was brought up which I want to put to this forum.
In history the Jewish people have been down many hard roads. Enslaved by Egypt, Defeated in war and enslaved by the Phoenicians, Ruled with an “Iron Hand” by Rome, almost wiped out by the Nazis, hated and killed by Catholics for the last 2000 years, and it seems hated by the Muslims today. With all OUR western history coming from them, why do so many dislike the Jewish people and faith?

I am not looking for bible verses as I do not accept it as an answer to anything, but I would like to here views from a wide range of people.
Well I don't dislike the Jewish people and faith! I find them very special individuals for personal reasons. So I guess I can not help in answering the reasoning for the reason this has gone on and find it awful this to happen and be carried down throughout the time of history.
But once someone said to me, "what doesn't kill you will make one stronger. I hope this is the case for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism