Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 12:07 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,549,370 times

Advertisements

The libraries in different cities within clark county have been sharing books with each other for the last decade. One library card to use them all.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 12:16 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Thank you. Appreciate the info.

I just looked at the back of my card.

Quote:
The Nevada library card may be used at any participating library in the state.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:28 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skugelstadt View Post
Are Henderson and Las Vegas libraries "the same" (only need one card)?
I'm into film so that's what I search for and check out and use. Being in Henderson, I use the Henderson libraries site to search and check out dvds. I login, search for dvd titles (or actors, or directors, or tv series seasons, etc.) and then I check availability. If it's available at one of the 4 libraries, you can add it to your queue.

Paseo Verde
Gibson
Green Valley
Heritage Park

When you add it to your queue, it will have one of three categories:

Active - It's checked out and you'll get it when it gets back in
Shipped - they found it at a library other than yours
Held - it's on hold, go pick it up

When it shows Held in the website / your account, you still have to wait for the email that it's ready for pickup. They still have to wheel the cart over to the sort shelves and put them up - so if you jumped the gun and arrived and it's not there, just seek out the person sorting them, check their cart, and it's sure to be there.

When I log in, since I'm registered at Gibson, they ship them to Gibson, or they pull it off the Gibson shelf and hold it for me. You just walk in, go to the shelf where it's sorted by the first letter of your last name, take it to the self check out, login with your bar code card or key chain card, scan item, check out, walk out. If no one is waiting for it, you can keep renewing up to 5 times.

If I got an item from another library; Green Valley or Paseo Verde, I still drop them at Gibson and they get them to the right library. I've seen Heritage Park items, but they never panned out. No full time staff there or some such.

The films I check out can be pretty obscure, so I keep them until I'm done with them, which can last more than a week. If someone is waiting, you'll see 0 renewals, and I'll watch that one first and return it fast to keep everything moving along.

I've never seen North Las Vegas or Las Vegas items being available, only the 4 Henderson libraries.

Drop off boxes are outside (to use when they are closed), and inside (where they scan them in - quickly sometimes). If you have maxed out checkouts (dvds it's 7), and you want to drop 2 off and pick up 2, then you take it to the counter and have them check them in right there, so you can check out the next 2.

Sometimes you'll add an item to your queue as it shows available, but after awhile the link to the item is gone and it's just text. This could mean that they walked to the shelf to ship it to you / or hold it for you and it wasn't there. Happens. Some people use their five finger discount and it disappears. Eventually it will drop from your queue.

Last edited by oeccscclhjhn; 10-11-2015 at 12:46 PM..

Old 10-11-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
I've never seen North Las Vegas or Las Vegas items being available, only the 4 Henderson libraries.
I wonder if the system is taking your location into the mix. I would think Las Vegas would show though.

Or the websites are separate.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
And if you lose your card, your driv lic should suffice.
You are on record.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:46 PM

Went through the process.

You log in with your LV card to the library site. https://ilsweb.lvccld.org/patroninfo~S12

Hover on Find Information
Click on Database A-Z
Click on Z
Click on Zinio eMagazines
Click on Create an account at top right

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 10-11-2015 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: Bold and link

Old 10-11-2015, 01:06 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Did you know you can download magazines for an indefinite length of time? Some good mags here!

Return to Library Collection
I tried it and it won't let me create an account.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:32 PM

See post right above yours.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:41 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,786,440 times
Yes! Well worn but hardly used nowadays. If I was retired, the library would definitely be in my bi-weekly rotation.
Attached Thumbnails
Do you have a Las Vegas library card?-img_20151011_123448_edit.jpg  

Old 10-11-2015, 01:43 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Between us we have 14 books checked out. I'd hate to have to buy all those considering what books cost today.

City Data comment of the day. LOL!

Not sure. The library system is (I think) like this.

Henderson
Las Vegas
North Las Vegas
Clark County

I believe they do share between them, but I bet you need a card for each. We are part of the Las Vegas-Clark County system (Summerlin). Where we came from we had four cards; one for our city, the "main" city (We used this one the most), and two of the suburbs. They didn't share between them, but things were so close there that driving to one of the others was no problem. Things are farther away here.
I never had to use different library cards. I've been to some in NLV and LV. I think they are probably good for all of Clark County.

That would make the most sense since it's pretty had to determine which city you are actually in, here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas