Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 03:27 PM

12 posts, read 39,803 times

Advertisements

My parents immigrated to this country at age 14 and 18( my mom just drove shotgun and passed through the border since she was really light skinned ) They both went to school and worked at a really young age my mother had to work the most since she was one of the oldest, she paid part of the rent to help out her mother and father made them easy to by food (this was a family of about 11) my mother had to stop going to school because her family needed the money. (this got like all my uncles and aunts through high school as soon as my mom). When her brothers and sisters got old enough to take care of themselves my mom met my father again and they started dating, they got married and had us. Ever since, they've paid all their taxes haven't committed any crimes haven't ID theft haven't done any of the Sh*t most of you accuse them for... My mother and father have been working for a really long time now and still are, either for me and my sisters or her Brothers and sisters. Now both of my sisters are at college one is studying one to be a neurologist and another in psychiatry. I'm still in HS and have dreams and hopes that for the future that could could probably never be fulfilled in Mexico since both of my parents where born into a poor families. In Mexico Your born poor you die poor unless you die trying and get break. My parents have told me that it's not an easy life where they where born, back breaking labor for small amounts of money that could barley pay for food, why do it there if you can do it in the USA for probably 10X the money and actually think about something else rather than going to sleep thinking if you will have enough money for tomorrow to feed your family.
Anyways I know for a fact there are many people out there like my parents who just immigrated here for a better life.
As I read these comments I notice that most people think of us as people who bring problems into this country but I think thats just a minority which every race upholds. Millions of dollars are generated through labor (that people born in the US wouldn't do) which benefit the poor and the rich. More money is being put into the US than taken out.

I don't know why you call it "speaking out" am i suppose to agree with you or something? I speak out by supporting people like my parents. There's your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 03:36 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,311 times
Nice post, Adriel.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:57 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,470,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriel View Post
My parents immigrated to this country at age 14 and 18( my mom just drove shotgun and passed through the border since she was really light skinned ) They both went to school and worked at a really young age my mother had to work the most since she was one of the oldest, she paid part of the rent to help out her mother and father made them easy to by food (this was a family of about 11) my mother had to stop going to school because her family needed the money. (this got like all my uncles and aunts through high school as soon as my mom). When her brothers and sisters got old enough to take care of themselves my mom met my father again and they started dating, they got married and had us. Ever since, they've paid all their taxes haven't committed any crimes haven't ID theft haven't done any of the Sh*t most of you accuse them for... My mother and father have been working for a really long time now and still are, either for me and my sisters or her Brothers and sisters. Now both of my sisters are at college one is studying one to be a neurologist and another in psychiatry. I'm still in HS and have dreams and hopes that for the future that could could probably never be fulfilled in Mexico since both of my parents where born into a poor families. In Mexico Your born poor you die poor unless you die trying and get break. My parents have told me that it's not an easy life where they where born, back breaking labor for small amounts of money that could barley pay for food, why do it there if you can do it in the USA for probably 10X the money and actually think about something else rather than going to sleep thinking if you will have enough money for tomorrow to feed your family.
Anyways I know for a fact there are many people out there like my parents who just immigrated here for a better life.
As I read these comments I notice that most people think of us as people who bring problems into this country but I think thats just a minority which every race upholds. Millions of dollars are generated through labor (that people born in the US wouldn't do) which benefit the poor and the rich. More money is being put into the US than taken out.

I don't know why you call it "speaking out" am i suppose to agree with you or something? I speak out by supporting people like my parents. There's your answer.

Illegal is illegal. I am sure there are many illegals here that came with the true desire to be an American but the illegals that have been coming here in the last decade or more have no loyalty and no respect for this country. Both legal Mexicans and illegal Mexicans have been in our streets defacing the American flag, calling Americans names, demanding rights they do no have any right to demand and saying America belongs to them. If you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas. Legal immigrants should have the desire to protect the country they benefit from and speak out against illegal immigrants. It's your families jobs they are taking too. It's your families wages that will be driven down by illegals.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:34 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,745,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriel View Post

That’s a real sweet story, just have a few questions.

Your parents came here illegally, have they become legal? Either green cards or citizenship?
Did they learn the English language?
Since your sisters are enjoying all that America has. Will they be returning to your parents country once they graduate to make that country and it’s people better like this country has done for you?

Old 06-28-2007, 04:44 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,494,722 times
There was a comedian on Last Comic Standing last night that really said it all.

He said, "Maybe the American Indians should have had a better immigration policy back in the 1700's."

Old 06-28-2007, 05:01 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,851,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
There was a comedian on Last Comic Standing last night that really said it all.

He said, "Maybe the American Indians should have had a better immigration policy back in the 1700's."
History repeats itself; guess we should learn from it and not allow illegal aliens to take our country from us.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
That’s a real sweet story, just have a few questions.
Your parents came here illegally, have they become legal? Either green cards or citizenship? Of course.
Did they learn the English language? Yeah we live in a community with mostly white people, They need english to communicate to their Co-workers. You eed a form a communication right?
Since your sisters are enjoying all that America has. Will they be returning to your parents country once they graduate to make that country and it’s people better like this country has done for you?
I doubt it, Mexico is pretty different. As for me..
Maybe if I become wealthy and have some sort of financial advantage or power I would try to help a country and it's people out. But till then, this is my country not Mexico and I love it as much as you do.
Those are my answers

Old 06-28-2007, 08:18 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,679 times
Adriel - I love that you consider the United States to be your country and not Mexico.

That my girl, is what makes you American.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Illegal is illegal. I am sure there are many illegals here that came with the true desire to be an American but the illegals that have been coming here in the last decade or more have no loyalty and no respect for this country. Both legal Mexicans and illegal Mexicans have been in our streets defacing the American flag, calling Americans names, demanding rights they do no have any right to demand and saying America belongs to them. If you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas. Legal immigrants should have the desire to protect the country they benefit from and speak out against illegal immigrants. It's your families jobs they are taking too. It's your families wages that will be driven down by illegals.
I've had this come up before.

If you come here illegally your like an unwanted guest right? and should respect the country and do your best to keep it that way, well there are many people who do that whats the difference between these illegal immigrants and millions of others who came through from different continents? I guess some people are a little frighten by the changes going on in certain cities but Respect is the key. Immigrants have their right to stand up for themselves, and if they feel threatened by people they will fight back i feel that people feel like they have the right to walk all over illegal immigrants just because they broke the law. All this retaliation practically saying get the F off our land is just pissing people off. Both sides on this issue need peaceful organized rallies because unorganized and uneducated rallies will just cause violence and people to think that ALL immigrants hate America or ALL white people are racist which i think is Bull. None of that will help help solve anything. Educated rallies make a difference making your voice heard like the mega march in PHX or Cali, I saw more American flags than Mexican flags being held up high by legal/illegal Mexicans, They just want to be herd and not be exploited because of their status.
Wages. I have a feeling more of those wages are being used to feed families in need or helping a human in some sort of way and It's something that I rather give than trillions of dollars in guns and tanks. I do think some immigrants should be deported like those who commit crimes like fraud but you know theres always those bad apples who ruin it for everybody and thats in every ethnic background/group .If i can get a job at age 16 and so can all my friends who are white or black or whatever, I don't get why others can do the same? There Is plenty of work here where I live. I just think that some people enjoy having the opportunity to have a job or jobs at an easy reach even if they don't take it and that's natural of humans. It's not like illegal or legal immigrants are taking every job out there. If you really want a job you get one self-employment is an example, my father did this even if it was hard brutal work he was killing himself landscaping his butt off till he bought his own car and house. There is plenty of opportunity in the United States and you cant blame being un-employed on anybody else but yourself.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Adriel - I love that you consider the United States to be your country and not Mexico.

That my girl, is what makes you American.
Thanks lol but I'm a guy, thats what i get for having a Hebrew name >_<.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration