Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 03:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Of course they do, but people get so upset when you say Native Americans that they have to say something like that. I'm just saying that you could say the same about Europeans and Asians and others if you take that perspective.
How about that I take offence to being considered something less due to my not having any known pre Euro indigenous blood in my heritage? Before this PC nonsense came along: a native American referred to someone born here in the USA vs. a naturalized American.

Face it: the Euros were merely the latest group of bigger and badder 'Indians' who came to the New World and subjugated the previous inhabitants. Before we had the Aztecs, Comanche, and a few other groups who defeated weaker tribes. Besides: Indians did not all come here at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 03:52 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,588,129 times
^That is exactly what I am talking about. No one on this planet, except for those in the exact place we originated, are really the natives of an area. If native Americans shouldn't take offense to it, why should Europeans or other people?

Old 12-05-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
^That is exactly what I am talking about. No one on this planet, except for those in the exact place we originated, are really the natives of an area. If native Americans shouldn't take offense to it, why should Europeans or other people?
Point well taken

A person of 100% Navajo heritage born/raised in Germany (assuming at least one of his parents is a citizen there) would be a German

Old 12-05-2009, 06:43 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,588,129 times
Thank you. I want you to know that I'm not attacking you or your thoughts, but I have heard so many people in the past say these words in anger. It just confuses me sometimes. I do believe that wherever you were born, you have a right to be proud and say you are from there.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:27 AM

24,753 posts, read 11,078,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Point well taken

A person of 100% Navajo heritage born/raised in Germany (assuming at least one of his parents is a citizen there) would be a German
You forgot something - German law:>)

Old 12-07-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
You forgot something - German law:>)
Hence my comment that at least one parent already be a German citizen

Old 12-07-2009, 07:45 AM

24,753 posts, read 11,078,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Hence my comment that at least one parent already be a German citizen
It gets complicated. Factors such as year of birth, legal status of mother ...

Old 12-23-2009, 05:40 PM

10 posts, read 36,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Illegal Immigrant: one who slithers over here without prior legal authorization.

Illegal: prohibited by law.

Most know an illegal, when picked up is only charged with a misdemeanor. But did
you know.. if you check federal immigration laws, the "ACT" in itself of crossing our
border illegally is actually a felony. After-the-fact, getting picked up they are only
ever charged with a misdemeanor.. why? Federal law states the "Act", "action" of
some who crosses the border without prior legal consent is commiting a felony.
I do not understand why the felony charge is not being upheld.
I most totally agree with you !!! What is wrong when a country will not uphold it's own laws or selects or even selects which immigrants the laws are going to apply to. A lot of the racism in this country is because of this so-called special treatment. Even in the schools the immigrants are not expected to follow the exact same rules that are made for legal citizens of this country. Always the "need a translator" or "cultural differences" how can these things not lead to hard feelings. If we were to go to another country we would be expected to learn their language and laws - why not here??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration