Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:19 PM

24,508 posts, read 10,825,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matyoka View Post

WTF are you talking about? Immigrant visa to the US in a MONTH??? Pleaseeeeee...
Is it necessary to cuss or are you building post count?

OP is married to a US citizen and yes it can go through in a month. Highly unlikely but if everything is in perfect order, filing DCF at a US embassy with no traffic ... possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 01:37 PM

363 posts, read 929,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post

OP is married to a US citizen and yes it can go through in a month. Highly unlikely but if everything is in perfect order, filing DCF at a US embassy with no traffic ... possible.
It was the only thing that came to my mind and I appologise for the outburst. OP is married to a US citizen? Where exactly does he/she mention that part??? Without adequate information how can we give the right response? And NO, a K visa(NOT immigrant visa) from the US embassy in Uruguay will not get him into the US within a month.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM

13 posts, read 97,060 times
For me it took a year to get it. I got it last Nov. and used to have a L1A visa.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:53 PM

257 posts, read 1,444,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post

No , I am the OP and neither of us are american. It took 7 months after the company applied for our green card for it to arrive.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:13 PM

24,508 posts, read 10,825,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellabella View Post
No , I am the OP and neither of us are american. It took 7 months after the company applied for our green card for it to arrive.
Congratulations!!!

Old 08-19-2013, 07:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,538 times
My husband is on L1A visa, we met a lawyer in Florida and he said that we can apply for green card as my husband is at managerial level, I doubt that, is it possible to apply green card on your own if you have L1A and managerial level, I think he is just trying to dupe us.. any suggestions

Last edited by kanchanparm; 08-19-2013 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Old 08-20-2013, 07:06 AM

983 posts, read 1,634,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanchanparm View Post
My husband is on L1A visa, we met a lawyer in Florida and he said that we can apply for green card as my husband is at managerial level, I doubt that, is it possible to apply green card on your own if you have L1A and managerial level, I think he is just trying to dupe us.. any suggestions
The managerial GC is EB-1C. Self petition is not allowed, it has to go through the company. It is also highly scrutinized after Indian consulting companies abused the category in recent years, so case must be air tight.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,579 times
My L1B visa expires on June 14, 2015. I am on my second term of the visa hence it can no longer be renewed. My employer is applying for Green Card but it seems that I have to get out of the country until I receive the Green Card approval. That does not have any implications on my professional life (will probably work from one of our international offices) but has implications for my personal life.

If I were to legalize my union with my partner let's say next month, while the company is applying for the GC, will that aid the process, confuse and hinder it or have no impact?

We were planning to legalize the union after the Green Card but if I have to move out of the country for a year, I want my partner to come with me or check the possibility to stay here while the Green Card is in process.

Any advice?

Old 02-13-2015, 06:28 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,378,505 times
^Hi, where did you get the idea that L1 can only be renewed twice? I also need to know. Thank you!

Old 02-13-2015, 09:06 PM

282 posts, read 444,270 times
Generally, and L-1B maxes out at 5 years, and an L-1A at 7 years,

Is your partner a U.S citizen? And will you be "legaliziing" your union in a state that recognizes your marriage? If so, your new spouse can petition for you, and at the same time apply for a work authorization and travel permission for you if you are in a valid nonimmigrant status at the time of application, or if you entered the U.S. with inspection and haven't departed after accruing unlawful status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration