Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 12:38 PM

667 posts, read 940,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
1. Yes, when the UK citizen is, like any other foreigner from any other country, able to fulfill the stringent US immigration requirements.
It seems "the stringent immigration requirements" exist only to white, educated and wealthy people from Europa.
The poor Latinos, Islamic terrorists, Asian immigrants do not need any visas, could go to millions annually to the U.S. without be sending back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 04:13 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,036,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
It seems "the stringent immigration requirements" exist only to white, educated and wealthy people from Europa.
The poor Latinos, Islamic terrorists, Asian immigrants do not need any visas, could go to millions annually to the U.S. without be sending back.
I’ve been coming to this conclusion myself, but can’t understand the US Government’s motives. The assumption of “wealthy” is also questionable.
I think the US Government is doing itself a great disservice.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:13 PM

688 posts, read 1,490,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I’ve been coming to this conclusion myself, but can’t understand the US Government’s motives. The assumption of “wealthy” is also questionable.
I think the US Government is doing itself a great disservice.
I have a sister-in-law from Alberta, Canada, that had one helluva harder time getting into (and staying in) the U.S. than some illegal immigrant swimming the Rio Grande or slipping across the deserrt, or heck, simply crossing an official checkpoint and not being sent back.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
I have a sister-in-law from Alberta, Canada, that had one helluva harder time getting into (and staying in) the U.S. than some illegal immigrant swimming the Rio Grande or slipping across the deserrt, or heck, simply crossing an official checkpoint and not being sent back.
This all seems totally wrong to me.
Why reward people that are openly deceitful ( I know that’s an oxymoron ), while at the same time penalizing someone that has done everything honestly and openly.
This can only be building up future problems for the US.
I hope that your sister in law succeeded in her stay.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Immigration from UK to the USA.
I would just like to know your opinions on this.
Do you approve of ?
Do you disapprove of?
What do you think is the general feeling on this?
Would the feeling be different, regionally?

Does anyone else have anything to say that could be of use to me?
Just wondering!

Old 08-09-2011, 07:36 AM

Just for anyone that was interested. Take a look at the UK News today. You will see why I wanted to get out.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:39 AM

2,059 posts, read 5,750,166 times
It depends on what you define as 'standards and morals'. Different people have different ideas on what is right and wrong, no matter where you go. A lot of what I consider immoral behavior is held up as being very moral here, and vice versa.

We have poverty and violence here if that is what you are trying to escape. In fact it's usually 10x worse here than it is in the UK.

But on your original question - if you are a white Englishperson who has a job, and keeps themselves to themselves then nobody is going to care that you are an immigrant. In fact most people wouldn't even refer to you as one.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojlo View Post
It depends on what you define as 'standards and morals'. Different people have different ideas on what is right and wrong, no matter where you go. A lot of what I consider immoral behavior is held up as being very moral here, and vice versa.

We have poverty and violence here if that is what you are trying to escape. In fact it's usually 10x worse here than it is in the UK.

But on your original question - if you are a white Englishperson who has a job, and keeps themselves to themselves then nobody is going to care that you are an immigrant. In fact most people wouldn't even refer to you as one.

Thank you, that was a fair answer.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:29 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Just for anyone that was interested. Take a look at the UK News today. You will see why I wanted to get out.
Take a look at the US news every day!

Old 08-09-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Take a look at the US news every day!
I do quite often, and at least there are areas that are relatively safe. Just over an hour ago I was watching a twenty mile long plume of smoke, no doubt a result of more mindless rioting. It’s getting far too close!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration