Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:45 AM

677 posts, read 853,821 times

Advertisements

Somehow, the Limeport Inn rings a faint bell. Every name you drop is a good suggestion.
We'll definitely check out Bethlehem. What's good to see in the old town area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 09:49 AM

13,255 posts, read 33,598,388 times
Maybe this picture will ring a bell The Limeport Inn (http://www.limeportinn.com/THE_LIMEPORT_INN/Welcome.html - broken link) They have a great outdoor patio area in the back which is a great place to hang out in the good weather. When we first moved here, Friday night was boompa night. The bar was noisy and smoky and the food was second rate. A lot of people liked it, but I was not unhappy to see the changes. Food is fairly edgy with a nice balance of low priced and higher end. Homemade chips are great!

In Bethlehem, I think the best area is Main Street. Start at the Moravian book shop (a must see) and walk up the street. City of Bethlehem Lots of independent little shops.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:33 AM

Good website info, TooBusy. If the weather holds up nice in a few weeks, a stroll through town will do us some good. I'm excited to see what has changed.
As for the Limeport Inn, yup...seen it from the outside on several drives in the area. The countryside is a treasure trove of so much history and architecture. Thankyou.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:41 AM

210 posts, read 382,287 times
I really enjoy driving around the back roads of our area. I sometimes drag the kids out for a Sunday drive. The stone farmhouses, rolling hills, it is indeed a beautiful place.

Driving around also is great in helping you find hidden treasures. Like the place that has pick your own fruit. A beautiful place down near Quakertown.

I also noticed that you plan on walking around Emmaus and Nazareth. Please add Macungie and Emmaus to your list. Both have quaint little main streets, Emmaus the bigger of the two.

Too busy is right on about where to go in Bethlehem. You can also walk along the river at the bottom of main street.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Dutch_Love View Post
Driving around also is great in helping you find hidden treasures. Like the place that has pick your own fruit. A beautiful place down near Quakertown.
Do you mean Bob White acres? Bob White Acres - Coopersburg, PA That's in Lower Milford township. My favorite place for PYO blueberries and apples!

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:53 AM

210 posts, read 382,287 times
Yes! It was amazing. My wife was in heaven, she loves nectarines and picked a ton of them, while the
kids and I picked peaches.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:15 AM

Our little one...coming on 2 years is gaga over blueberries. Can't seem to get enough of them. My wife lives for stuff like this, I believe she is going to be much happier in PA than CA...although there are some natural treasures here as well, but with the mega metro area continuously getting built up and out, people seem to be getting crazier and more stressed out.
Macungie is close to what used to be Does mountain ski area, right? I think you could see the trails from Allentown's west end.
As for trails...is there a hiking/bicycling trail next to the Lehigh river between Bethlehem and Easton? Have a great afternoon!

Old 03-21-2012, 02:43 PM

Doe Mountain is now Bear Creek. My youngest son had his prom there last year. Bear Creek Mountain Resort & Conference Center Lots of bike paths in the LV: Lehigh Valley Bicycling The newest one is near me. Saucon Rail trail starts in Upper Saucon Park and goes to Hellertown.

Realtors, See This.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 PM

Sounds like fun! There do seem to be a lot of trails to try out, the towpath trail looks tempting. I just hope that the two of us can get off our rears more often to experience all that! Now the only part of the forum to get more active is "photos of the Lehigh Valley"! Where are all the photographers? You have so much more to show!

Old 03-22-2012, 07:19 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,395,227 times
We get cheese steaks to go from the Brass Rail every week.
There close to where we live and their cheese steaks are fantastic.

We also go to Zandy's located on St.John St. for their cheese steak's as well.
Fantastic food plus like the Brass Rail they are a tradition in Allentown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Dutch_Love View Post
They are currently building the new home for the Former Philadelphia Phantoms Minor league hockey team in downtown Allentown.
Allentown planners approve new hockey arena plan with hotel, office building | lehighvalleylive.com

Suggestions for? Places to eat? I love the Brass Rail on Lehigh Street. It hasnt been remodeled since maybe the seventies, but the great food, low prices and cheap drink are reasons to overlook the decor.

More upscale, I like Bolete in Bethlehem.

I am very content walking with the kids around The Allentown Rose Garden or If I want to just let them run wild, Trexler Park with its vast open space is ideal.

Allentown Farmers Market is a great place for fresh fruit, veggies, deli and meat products.

Since I am married with kids, I can't really help you with nightlife. Spending friday nights at the Maingate in the Fairgrounds, has long since passed.

The West End of Allentown is still very walkable. But at my stage of life, i'd prefer to walk the streets of downtown Emmaus at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley