Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 07:12 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
There puzzler (other than who killed her) is:

How did they get access to the locked, alarm monitored roof and, subsequently, the locked water tank?
The case remains unsolved. Elisa Lam Drowned in a Water Tank Three Years Ago, but the Obsession with Her Death Lives On | VICE | United States
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 11:05 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,809 times
yeah that hotel can be a bit scary or spooky along with some others around there.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:19 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,795,503 times
The hotel is being used for inspiration for American Horror Story's newest and current season.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:42 AM

68 posts, read 59,135 times
I didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if anything I'm about to post has already been discussed.

I've been following this case since I first heard of it in early 2013. When I started doing some research on it I was pretty convinced that it was all a hoax and the whole elevator thing was just bad acting. I mean stuff like that has been done before to promote movies etc. (Sony wants to make a movie about her death) and then her name is the same as the tuberculosis test....idk strange coincidences. Also, if you look up her blog, tumblr, Instagram etc. you won't really find much, almost no pictures of her, which I thought was very weird for a girl her age. And it all looks like it was created just a couple months before the tragic "accident", so yea... It all seemed fake. BUT...

I just recently decided to look it up again, and I came across this guy on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/4yv3gSNgC9o

He has done a series of videos on Elisa Lam and the Cecil Hotel (which btw has now changed its name to Stay on Main). All very interesting, but the one I linked in particular because it talks about the elevator footage and that it was in fact tampered with. I think a whole minute or so was cut out and the rest of it was slowed down to cover it up. And on his videos they talk about who could have possibly done it. Somebody on there said that they think it was police who did it. Because if she came back into cameras view in the last missing minute that was edited out, and she was doing something extremely bizarre that police didn't want us to see (perhaps she took off her close and was naked in the elevator). That would have actually been a reason for police to edit it before releasing it to the public.
It could have also been a person/persons(?) involved in her death.

After watching all of his videos I'm now leaning more towards murder/ foul play.
I also think it must have either been a hotel worker or somebody who stayed at the hotel long enough to know where the cameras were and how to get access to the rooftop water tanks.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:24 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy90 View Post
He has done a series of videos on Elisa Lam and the Cecil Hotel (which btw has now changed its name to Stay on Main). All very interesting, but the one I linked in particular because it talks about the elevator footage and that it was in fact tampered with.
Interesting info; thanks for posting it.

Old 10-31-2015, 12:06 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,172 times
...how could the death have been a hoax? Do you think the LAPD are in the business of punk'ing Canadian parents and the entire world?

Old 10-31-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Interesting info; thanks for posting it.
Sure, np

MordinSolus, well they don't need an actual death to make up a fake news story. The latest UCSB shooting turned out to be a Hoax js...

Old 10-31-2015, 12:28 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,464 times
Just look at Elisa Lam's behavior in the elevator. She had voices in her head.
She had mental problems (bipolar). Who knows what else went undiagnosed with someone that young.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:17 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy90 View Post
Sure, np

MordinSolus, well they don't need an actual death to make up a fake news story. The latest UCSB shooting turned out to be a Hoax js...
The LAPD had multiple press conferences about it. What would they get out of a fake story about a Canadian tourist's mysterious death in a Los Angeles hotel?

Old 10-31-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
The LAPD had multiple press conferences about it. What would they get out of a fake story about a Canadian tourist's mysterious death in a Los Angeles hotel?
Right! I know that... Now. Which is why I don't believe in the Hoax theory anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles