Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 02:12 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,081,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Honestly I don't know what the prices are. I do all my upgrades myself. Good thing these days there are instructional videos for everything on YouTube. Just watch the video and follow along step by step. You just need to have the right tools. Everything seems harder before you do it. Afterwards it's never as hard as you thought it would be. I'm happy you found a cheap place to do the work for you.
I don't have the manual dexterity to handle the opening of the case and some of the smaller parts inside the computer. Therein lies the problem. I don't have the steadiest hands and can drop things at times. I did manage to install a couple of hard drives into Windows computers a good 20 or so years ago but I had steadier hands back then. I don't have the shakes or Parkinson's mind you but I just don't have the manual dexterity needed for a task like this now.

Most of the radio electronics work I've had done over the years I left to friends that are Broadcast Engineers or with more technical background than myself. I can do some basic things but I know my limits when it comes to the physical limitations that I have. Thus my days on the ball field are done too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: