Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 10:50 PM

19,342 posts, read 16,879,748 times

Advertisements

Bill is now my favorite on YTube. Tonight's video was especially entertaining. Dealing with the recent firestorm inside the Washington Post and one of its former employee's rant about a joke re-tweeted by a co-worker and that she found offensive. Bill had plenty to say about it and, well, you just have to watch it to understand. This guy is gold!

When did my thinking become more like his or his more like mine? I didn't see it coming but I love it!

If you haven't seen it yet, do it now. You'll find yourself doing something you probably haven't been doing for a while now. That would be laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tu9JGK_yHo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 10:37 AM

I still remember watching Charles Bronson's movie, Death Wish (never watched any of the sequels though) from the early 70's and thought the same thing as Bill states here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebg2YnBj9II

Old 06-18-2022, 10:44 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,611,357 times
I have always thought Bill was more conservative... I think he had a personal thing with Trump (Trump sued him over a joke) and thus was breaking left out of angry at Trump.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:53 AM

6,348 posts, read 3,529,367 times
I was disappointed with his show this weekend. His TDS will not allow him to be objective about Jan 6th.

I firmly believe it was not an insurrection and that Trump did nothing wrong.

Also, Krystal Ball was awful. I’ve watched her a little bit in the past, but I didn’t realize she was a full on left wing progressive. I disagreed with just about everything she said.

Bill is just frustrating. It seems like he’s about to get it, then he just slips back into left wing nonsense.

Dave Rubin comments on Bill quite a bit, saying the same thing. Right when you think he’s about to become red pilled, he snaps out of it.

Old 06-18-2022, 11:04 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,514,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I was disappointed with his show this weekend. His TDS will not allow him to be objective about Jan 6th.

I firmly believe it was not an insurrection and that Trump did nothing wrong.

Also, Krystal Ball was awful. I’ve watched her a little bit in the past, but I didn’t realize she was a full on left wing progressive. I disagreed with just about everything she said.

Bill is just frustrating. It seems like he’s about to get it, then he just slips back into left wing nonsense.

Dave Rubin comments on Bill quite a bit, saying the same thing. Right when you think he’s about to become red pilled, he snaps out of it.
Real TDS is the belief that Trump won the election. Trump did nothing wrong?
It takes a special type of person to be fined for robbing his own charity.

Old 06-18-2022, 11:07 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,417,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Real TDS is the belief that Trump won the election. Trump did nothing wrong?
It takes a special type of person to be fined for robbing his own charity.
1. Trump is an A-Hole.
2. Trump did a really good job as president.
3. The election was rigged and stolen.

Have a nice day.

Old 06-18-2022, 11:09 AM

Interesting. I don't have HBO or cable for that matter so the YT clips are all I can go by. Haven't seen the ones from this weekend, although we're only into Saturday so I don't know what his schedule is like.

All I can really say is this isn't the Bill Mayer from the past or at least not to my recollection. As I've said previously, maybe I'm the one who has changed. I know that as I age, I have a lot of memories of past Administrations and they've all made bonehead decisions. This current one, though? I do enjoy Bill's jabs but maybe I'm just in the market more to laugh at, instead of being angry and frustrated.

Old 06-18-2022, 11:42 AM

14,722 posts, read 12,401,826 times
Great monologue... and spot on.

Old 06-18-2022, 11:53 AM

3,335 posts, read 3,293,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Bill is now my favorite on YTube. Tonight's video was especially entertaining. Dealing with the recent firestorm inside the Washington Post and one of its former employee's rant about a joke re-tweeted by a co-worker and that she found offensive. Bill had plenty to say about it and, well, you just have to watch it to understand. This guy is gold!

When did my thinking become more like his or his more like mine? I didn't see it coming but I love it!

If you haven't seen it yet, do it now. You'll find yourself doing something you probably haven't been doing for a while now. That would be laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tu9JGK_yHo
Yes, just watched the show on Today, Saturday, as we had taped it last night.

Washington Post deserved every single one of those jokes. And as a boomer, I’m loving my job security!

Old 06-18-2022, 12:03 PM

14,722 posts, read 12,401,826 times
It does offer an amazing theory on why, with all the youth in the Democrat Party, they can't find anyone but old folks to actually run things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media