Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 09:50 PM

1,704 posts, read 907,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I don't think Bill Maher has changed much over the years. Rather, I think Elon Musk's tweet about the Democrat party moving far to the left applies here to Bill Maher as well. Bill appears to have more in common with the conservatives at times due to that shift.
I find it interesting that is always the white men that have this complaint and have their great conservative awakening. Never here the Republicans have moved too far to the right. The democrats are same party they were in the 90s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 11:13 PM

3,367 posts, read 1,262,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I was disappointed with his show this weekend. His TDS will not allow him to be objective about Jan 6th.

I firmly believe it was not an insurrection and that Trump did nothing wrong.

Also, Krystal Ball was awful. I’ve watched her a little bit in the past, but I didn’t realize she was a full on left wing progressive. I disagreed with just about everything she said.

Bill is just frustrating. It seems like he’s about to get it, then he just slips back into left wing nonsense.

Dave Rubin comments on Bill quite a bit, saying the same thing. Right when you think he’s about to become red pilled, he snaps out of it.
well you're wrong.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
1. Trump is an A-Hole.
2. Trump did a really good job as president.
3. The election was rigged and stolen.

Have a nice day.
1 for 3.

Way better than Biden, but that's not exactly the barometer of good.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
I find it interesting that is always the white men that have this complaint and have their great conservative awakening. Never here the Republicans have moved too far to the right. The democrats are same party they were in the 90s.
no they aren't, not even close.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:46 AM

14,941 posts, read 8,254,562 times
It was just announced that Bill is going to appear on Tucker Carlson's Show.
That ought to be interesting!!!!
On his last show Bill said that Trump was furious at him and bad mouthing him
because on the show before that Bill said that DeSantis would be a better President than Trump. Evidently that didn't go over well!
https://www.theblaze.com/shows/the-c...desantis-trump

Trump is not happy Maher is going to be on Fox News!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2104615.html

Old 06-30-2022, 05:10 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,514,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
1 for 3.

Way better than Biden, but that's not exactly the barometer of good.
He`s better at inciting a riot. Is there anything else?

Old 06-30-2022, 10:38 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,333,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
He`s better at inciting a riot. Is there anything else?

LOL wow, I think you're more obsessed about the riots he didn't cause more than Cheney is.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:17 PM

29,250 posts, read 22,532,951 times
If Trump expects Fox to remain a faithful servant, he should plan on buying Fox News.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:53 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,623,668 times
It is a result of what happens when the democrats move too far left and become extremists. He’s not “waking up”. He’s merely calling them out on their BS

Old 06-30-2022, 02:15 PM

20,482 posts, read 14,848,232 times
Bill is doing what he can to appeal to the broadest possible audience. Since he is shown on HBO, and given the production values of his show and what they likely pay him...it is completely rational what he's doing.

He speaks to the middle, even though he is liberal in the classic sense on all of the good ol' issues we argue about, he is not part of the extreme fringe of the left. Most Americans are not extremist.

Lots of conservatives out there want a smaller federal government, sacred gun rights, a good environment for business, low taxes and gov't spending, and at least the sense that being white and Christian and straight and part of a nuclear family is not a BAD thing, doesn't make one automatically a racist or "privileged" or deserving of derision in some fashion. Very "leave me alone and let me live my life."

Doesn't mean that they believe that Trump is chosen of God himself. Or even necessarily that women should not have the option to choose abortion, even if they personally don't agree with it or like it. (So many men I've known who say, "I have an opinion but believe it should ultimately be up to the woman." for instance.)

And lots of liberals want legal weed and legal gay marriage and support for the poor and disabled and so on, don't mind being taxed if our taxes serve good purposes, and want the environment protected and so on...

But are not necessarily out there lecturing you about why you should be vegan every minute, or constantly policing everyone's tone and language and saying "You can't say that! But you must be outraged about this! Silence is violence, and so are half the words out of your mouth! Be an ally, but sit down and shut up!"

Most Americans are neither into fascism, nor communism. We want our democracy protected and functional and serving the will of the people.

And someone like Bill sees danger from the right, and then wants to smack the left for being so off-putting and wonky and ridiculous that it pushes voters away.

I like watching Bill, even if I do not always agree with him (don't have to!) though it does get slightly annoying when members of his panel sit there and scream over each other.

Politically ya know what I wish? That the big issues that divide people could be voted on directly at the national level the way that states did things like marijuana, with a "ballot measure" sort of thing. But then I actually do believe that our elections are pretty secure, so... /shrug. I wish that someone could for instance be in support of second amendment rights AND choice for women (freedoms in general for people) and not have one party that loves one but hates the other, and the other party the same in reverse. Oh and maybe every time politicians want a pay raise they ought to have to ask the people to vote on it, while we're at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media