Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 02:45 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times

Advertisements

The things that make us angry reveal much about ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 04:39 PM

8,689 posts, read 3,879,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The things that make us angry reveal much about ourselves.
I agree; and particularly relevant to a philosophy forum are those who are angry/constantly battle others re: their religious beliefs. I'm an atheist, but I understand the role religion (and ultimately education) plays for some people in terms of their mental health/optimism.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:35 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I agree; and particularly relevant to a philosophy forum are those who are angry/constantly battle others re: their religious beliefs. I'm an atheist, but I understand the role religion (and ultimately education) plays for some people in terms of their mental health/optimism.
yup. Often, the more we know, the more angst we have.

Old 09-04-2021, 10:41 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,168,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Anger is a choice. No matter the situation, we still have to choose to react in anger.
I agree that how we react is a choice. I'm not so sure that anger itself is a choice, it's difficult to choose our emotions.

However this thread feels disjointed, was it split off or moved here from another discussion?

Old 09-09-2021, 08:23 AM

1,702 posts, read 784,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
Let's get it out

Holding Anger inside your BODY IS TOXIC

Your Belly can suffer with Inflammation

God Bless and Good Luck

Have a Path Please. I do. It Helps.
Join a gym

Hit the weights

Go for a run (walk)

Buy some gloves and hit the heavy bag (this one really helps)

Go for a swim

Have an alcoholic beverage (in moderation)

Talk to a friend or family member

Sit in a steam room (this one is great too)

Gardening is cool too (pumpkins, watermelons, summer squash, sunflowers etc)

Old 09-09-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Often, the more we know, the more angst we have.
I think the reverse is true i.e. knowledge is empowering. The less people know (and the less their ability to problem-solve/reason/think/communicate), the more angst/anger they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Join a gym

Hit the weights

Go for a run (walk)

Buy some gloves and hit the heavy bag (this one really helps)

Go for a swim

Have an alcoholic beverage (in moderation)

Talk to a friend or family member

Sit in a steam room (this one is great too)

Gardening is cool too (pumpkins, watermelons, summer squash, sunflowers etc)
This is simply a 'band-aid'; and while (sometimes) effective in the moment (although I wouldn't recommend drinking alcohol when angry, lol) - it isn't always possible i.e. think of those who are angry/confrontational in a grocery store, in their car, at work and so on. It simply doesn't deal with the underlying issue re: (explosive) anger over strangers, forums, and (insignificant) daily details/life. In other words, what makes one (consistently) angry - and why? A steam room, boxing or gardening isn't going to help. :-)

Old 10-12-2021, 05:56 AM

22 posts, read 11,840 times
Default Managing Anger is Important and Easy too

Almost every individual on this planet suffers from the problem of anger management. If you cant handle your anger then you lose on many fronts in your life. You will have problems in your work, personal life, social life and so on. Managing anger is easy too but it takes patience and will.

A determined person can control anger by means of meditation and Yoga. It will give you mental peace and spiritual enlightenment.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellnesszing View Post

A determined person can control anger by means of meditation and Yoga. It will give you mental peace and spiritual enlightenment.
Simple psychology and problem-solving will do the same thing sans 'spiritual enlightenment'. It's a matter of being 'mentally fit/happy', particularly relative to frustration or nonsense we all experience from time-to-time.

Old 10-17-2021, 06:47 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,060,431 times
In many instances anger stems from fear.

There are numerous web sites explaining how it plays out.

Old 10-17-2021, 11:04 AM

63,845 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Anger results from allowing yourself to be in the wrong state of mind. The states of mind that preclude anger are the following and we should try to be in one or more of them as often as possible.

Agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and non-judgmental.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health