Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 07:40 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,301,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
Lost my wife after 67 years recently,I am 89 and in same position.
The policeman said you are alone now and you should have a lock box on door frame,I had never heard of this.He told me what hardware store carried it.Hardened steel box,4 long screws mounted to frame, with a key pad to enter 4 digit code and go to police station and they will enter it into 911 which will be given to responding party.
This has made me more comfortable.
We live part time in a retirement community in Florida. Tons of people who live alone have those on their doors. At first I thought they were realtor's keypads as they look the same. It is a good idea for someone who's alone and has no one checking on them daily. I'll maybe do it when I get to that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 02:06 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
I think your fears are unrealistic so I suggest you have an actually phobia, the phobia of being alone.
There's a name for it and it developed from a past experience (s) you might not even remember mentally but it is sitting in your subconscious and the emotions of that past incident(s) have not cleared. It continues to cycle through over and over again in your emotional life. The only way you will be able to get a grasp on it is with professional help. You don't have to live with your fears all of your life. There is help.

I wish you the best.

Old 01-24-2023, 10:31 AM

71 posts, read 49,933 times
I live in an apt with my fiercely protective Chiweenie (Chihuahua/Dachshund) and I installed a door alarm (120 decibels!) because there are ex cons and druggies living here, thanks to the housing crisis. All apts here have 2 deadbolts on the front door. And this is a rural town of 4,000 people in Texas!

Old 01-24-2023, 10:44 AM

61,717 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
Lost my wife after 67 years recently,I am 89 and in same position.
The policeman said you are alone now and you should have a lock box on door frame,I had never heard of this.He told me what hardware store carried it.Hardened steel box,4 long screws mounted to frame, with a key pad to enter 4 digit code and go to police station and they will enter it into 911 which will be given to responding party.
This has made me more comfortable.
Hmmm..... I don't think that giving police and responding party access to my home at any time would make me feel safe and comfortable.
Lots of crooks are employed there ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health