Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:13 AM

892 posts, read 2,371,715 times

Advertisements

We have to sleep with whitenoise. We have a air cleaner that sounds like a loud fan. Twice we had to sleep without it. Once when the electrcity was out and once when our last one fried. Neither one of us slept those nights.
Here is an awesome website for whitenoise, etc. stuff. I plan on getting one of the fan cd's for hotel sleeping or whatever. They have something for everyone. They even have a vaccum cleaner one, my son would of loved that when he was a baby.
http://www.purewhitenoise.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 07:26 AM

364 posts, read 526,998 times
Whenever things are bad in my life I can't sleep. In fact, last night was one of them. One of those nights where I focused on all the bad stuff. Ended up crying myself to sleep (that is rare for me), slept about 3 hours only to awake and puke. Sounds nice huh! It is awful when you can't sleep. Even worse when you stay awake feeling sad.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:23 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,163 times
I would never get to sleep without the white noise. In my case it is a small electic fan (chosen for the volume of its hum). In the summer it is pointed right on me, in the winter it is pointed to the wall. My house backs up to a very busy street and late at night the cars use it as a drag strip so I would never get to sleep through the night without my fan. When we travel by car my fan goes with me; when we fly I take a white noise machine.

There was something in the paper this morning about this subject and it was suggested that after 20 minutes of tossing and turning you should get out of bed and go to another room and read something really dull like an instruction manual. It also said you should not use the bed(room) for anything other than sleep and "marital relations." This includes even reading or listening to the radio.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:33 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Oh yes I HAVE to have my "white noise machine". You can get one from JC Penny. It's small and I love it, it goes everywhere I go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health