Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 12:48 AM

290 posts, read 181,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cid911 View Post
you have never been to Mexico.

MANDE is just polite way of saying what, when your mom, teacher, grown ups call you, in some families and places you are suppose to say mande because "what" sounds rude. if you go to mexico and you ask someone anything you would get a what, because you are just an x person. in other words mande is a polite word and it does not have anything to do with kissing ass, if you have an inferiority complex it may sound like kissing ass, but usually people that use that word have a yle and by onabees.
It is subservient honey it come from the time in which the Spanish were the masters and the Mexicans were the servitude.

That is the reason Spanish People speak in an imperative manner, And the Mexicans speak in a passive manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 12:58 AM

MANDE, BOSS ME AROUND.

Mexican MANDE displays a behaviour of servitude Linked to the Spanish conquest.

Read about Mexican malinchismo.

Mexican think that mixing up with white people makes them better, That is the result of the caste system established by the Spaniards in Mexico and Central America.

Malinche was a Mexican girl who actually went against her own people, and helped the Europeans Conquer Mexico. She taught herself Castilian so that she could speak it to conquistador men.
She married a Spanish conquistador Who Stayed with her and gave her some children until it was time for him to go to Spain and he left her back in Mexico.

Mexicans believe that they are all descendants of the Malinche. And in fact amongst intellectuals in Mexico it is very common to say Mexican people suffer from Malinchismo.

MALINCHISMO: For Mexicans is the act of prefering anything that is foreign over anything Mexican, Going as far as displaying an attitude of Subserviency Special towards Europeans.

That is where the "MANDE USTED" "BOSS ME AROUND" Comes from...

Google it, I am not lying!

GUERO white, Used as a compliment in Mexican culture.

Another thing that is gonna blow you away, It's the word Guero... It is a Mexican word that means blonde or White, And Mexicans use it is synonymous of pretty or nice.

If you tell a Mexican, "guerito" they love it. In fact in Mexico, people in businesses say "PASELE GUERITO" As a tactic to get other Mexicans to come into the store, 'OMG, HE CALLED ME GUERO, LET ME GO INSIDE HIS BUSINESS"

Mexican national media and the perpetuation of self-hatred and auto-racism
Televisa, That is a Mexican TV station. Televisa is known for hiring only white people to play In their tv shows... The result is that you watch a Mexican TV show and everyone is white,So you see people portraying Mexicans but they're not even Mexican looking, They are white looking.

Televisa goes as far as actually going to Cuba, Argentina, Venezuela and hiring white People And training them how to speak like a Mexican and then putting them as actors in their TV shows.

Meanwhile they have an entire nation of 120 million people that they could hire but they will Not even consider hiring Average Mexicans

Once again Google malinche, Google all these things I am telling yo,u I am not lying, that is a fact of Mexican daily colloquial life.

Even in the forum you can see those behaviours
I mean look no further than Antonio, Arguing that Mexico is Spanish-American Even though he has probably nothing to do with the Spanish

No self-respecting modern educated Mexican would say that Mexico is Spanish America.

Confronting Mexican history and servilism
In recent generations as more and more Mexicans become educated and start to travel the world, A lot of these myths about white people and Europeans are being dismantled.

This comes specially hard for Mexicans that have to confront their own history. The most educated Mexicans actually see this MALINCHISO as a cancer that has always been an Obstacle in Mexican development .

The masses of Mexico are ok with the status quo, but once again that is born out of Ignorance and lack of education, you can not blame them, a lot of them don't have enough opportunity to travel see other cultures, study history, self reflect.

This departure from the CANTINFLAS, HUMBLE, SERVILE mexican, happens only amongst high-class Mexicans, However things roll down, So this might change in the coming decades With the Mexican masses becoming more open and realising their own behaviours that mirror those behaviours of a conquered people, are TOXIC.

Last edited by backpaker; 11-15-2019 at 01:46 AM..

Old 11-15-2019, 06:46 AM

3,031 posts, read 2,268,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
All you have to do is get a copy of the dictionary for the Spanish language, published by the RAE in Madrid, Spain which is the regulator of the language everywhere in the SPANISH WORLD; where everything in the single language is defined.

Here is the most recent edition: https://www.rae.es/diccionario-de-la...a-edicion-2014

One of the places online where the latest version is sold: https://www.amazon.com/Diccionario-E...3741939&sr=8-3
Oh, sure. All I have to do is memorize every word in the Spanish language and all their definitions around the world.

Cool story, bro.

Language is nuanced and constantly changing. But you do you.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:43 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,245,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backpaker View Post
It is subservient honey it come from the time in which the Spanish were the masters and the Mexicans were the servitude.

That is the reason Spanish People speak in an imperative manner, And the Mexicans speak in a passive manner.
Nope, ¨mande¨ is used also in Spain.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:45 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,245,233 times
Quote:
This departure from the CANTINFLAS, HUMBLE, SERVILE mexican, happens only amongst high-class Mexicans, However things roll down, So this might change in the coming decades With the Mexican masses becoming more open and realising their own behaviours that mirror those behaviours of a conquered people, are TOXIC.
You seems to have a HUGE problems with Mexico and mexicans, I suggest therapy.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:26 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,383,155 times
This thread has derailed completely, but…

Quote:
Lets not even talk about a dialect Colombias speak called Parlache, or the lunfardo dialect spoken by Argentines.

LUNFARDO, PILLATE EL TRANSPORTE PIBE

The Mexicans say chocho for Pvssay, chocho In Argentina means cuddly , In Colombia on the other hand it means chubby. Meanwhile in Spain the word doesn't exist.
This is not lunfardo, and people no longer speak it.

In the colloquial speech of Buenos Aires:

Take the bus, child = Tomáte el bondi, nene/pibe/flaco/chabón
Chocho = Joyful, ecstatic

Old 11-15-2019, 01:54 PM

10,345 posts, read 15,210,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Oh, sure. All I have to do is memorize every word in the Spanish language and all their definitions around the world.

Cool story, bro.

Language is nuanced and constantly changing. But you do you.
You mean that owning a dictionary is just to take up space? It must be since it includes all the definitions from the various countries in SPANISH AMERICA.

Cool bro. A person needs to own a dictionary to know that though.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:51 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,238,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post

why speak the language of the conquistador?
Because everybody understands it. And it is the language of all of the culture's great literature.

Old 11-16-2019, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
Nope, ¨mande¨ is used also in Spain.
No it is not.

I own a home in Spain and I go to Spain Pretty much every six months.

I have never heard a single person in Spain say mande.

I know Spain really well I also recognise The Spaniards easily based on their faces. That is why every time I get a Mexican coming up to me telling me how they are Spanish in origin, im like OH GOD!!!

I always say, you are so Spanish that you have high cheekbones, Bronzed skin, slant eye shape, and thick black hair... Because you are sooooo Spanish. PINCHES MALINCHES HAZME EL FAVOR!!!

It would be amazing if one day I had a Mexican come at me and say I am an Indian , an aztec, olmec,mayan...And I am proud of it... That would make me love them to pieces.

Old 11-16-2019, 03:55 AM

853 posts, read 653,119 times
"mande" was used here in Spain at least in Franco's time (I know it because of my great-grandparents) but is no longer commonly used today, probably some people in small villages still use it but this word has become obsolete, while mexicans use "mande" daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico