Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:23 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,902,635 times

Advertisements

Still not quite ready for snow unless its gonna stay cold. They are calling for temps back above 60 next week here in mid MI. The week after that they are calling for highs slipping down into the low 30's...it wont be long now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 01:02 PM

Location: Michigan BAY-BEH!!(Texan by birth, Michigander by choice!!)
183 posts, read 289,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perferator View Post
Mark Watson's forecast out of TV 7&4 (TC) is saying that the higher elevations may see several inches of snow over Thursday and Friday.

HMMMMM..... maybe I need to find me some higher elevations....

Old 11-03-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Still not quite ready for snow unless its gonna stay cold. They are calling for temps back above 60 next week here in mid MI. The week after that they are calling for highs slipping down into the low 30's...it wont be long now.

Hip hip HOORAY for the "week after that!"

Old 11-04-2010, 10:16 PM

No snow spotted yet

Old 11-05-2010, 12:37 AM

760 posts, read 2,441,638 times
Snowflakes are currently falling here

Old 11-05-2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeg View Post
Snowflakes are currently falling here

And where would "here" be?? I am so jealous!

Old 11-05-2010, 07:05 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,943,948 times
Here , is Upper Michigan , Marquette county, city of Marquette. ( future State capital).
The ground is quite white this AM. Away from the lake we got about 1 inch. Its very dry stuff, kinda pellet like. Will melt tomorrow with highs in 40-50 for the next week.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:54 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,902,635 times
Went out this morning to do some errands, and its cold! I have to say, and call me crazy...but I love it when its cold and there is a nice wind to put a bit of bite in the air. Am I the only one who loves this? Am I really that crazy?? I get the same feeling when I feel that sharp coldness as I do when I take a warm shower or jump in a nice warm bed at night. I just love this cold weather.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:07 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,943,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Went out this morning to do some errands, and its cold! I have to say, and call me crazy...but I love it when its cold and there is a nice wind to put a bit of bite in the air. Am I the only one who loves this? Am I really that crazy?? I get the same feeling when I feel that sharp coldness as I do when I take a warm shower or jump in a nice warm bed at night. I just love this cold weather.:OK:
No , you are not. However , up here in DA U.P. they have a thing called " climatized"...where mostly because of the dry cold , and sunny days,, people quickly , in winter , forget their jackets, gloves, and even shoes ! Its not uncommon in the dead of winter to see someone in shorts around town. Looks weird , but its true .
Its sorta like when I lived in Florida, and the locals always made jokes about the visiting Canadians...runing into the surf in January on a 50 degree day.... I have to say , after three years here , I don't notice the cold as much, it gets better each year. I guess I could be in for a surprise this year , but I don't think so. So far I have not seen any below 0 temps, contrary to what I was used too further south. The old timers say...stay tuned ...we will see.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:42 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,607,508 times
Looks like there is some lake effect snow happening today! That north wind is bringing some flakes to communities that are south-ish of a big lake...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan