Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you hate most about Michigan?
The long cold winters. 12 25.00%
The fact that the job's are not here. 15 31.25%
Grandhole 9 18.75%
The people who say that things are fine. 12 25.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:25 PM

693 posts, read 2,260,184 times

Advertisements

I have to say its not JUST the economy, it is the "mindset" of the elected officials. Progression towards new industries and finally putting away the factory, skilled labor and jobs that the U.S will not employ in 10 years time. Its time to move foward, realize that the service sector is what the future is about, and obtaining college graduates. As a younger preson (26) I must say it is frustrating to watch most of my friends move, along with their talent, obtained from our great universities we have in this state. The old way is no longer the correct way, and many local mayors have seen this strife continue to make people run for the border. Michigan has a population growth of -4.64% (Census.gov 2007), with some cities double that. Its a great place for big three retirees, and others who can enjoy our recreational opportunities and not worry about finding employment. I have to say the mindset of officials, the blatent ignorace of the freight train that is comming down the tracks toward this states economy. Untill the future is embraced by our government leaders, we will continue to lay ourselvs across the railroad tracks and wait to be hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 02:24 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,454,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
I hate all of the sprawl in many of Michigan's cities. I also hate not having mass transit options in most of the state. I have the drive up 75 from Toledo to the Detroit sprawl. I also hate 75 all the way up until I get past the thumb area. I hate the mentality of suburbanites who don't support inner cities and run from them.
Then stay the hell out of that area!! There are much better places.
I've driven up 75 from Ashland and it is a mess.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:31 PM

106 posts, read 573,552 times
Default Politicans

I hate that are state leaders care more about preserving their careers rather than Michigan.

We are looking at another shut-down in a week, as these idots still have not agreed on a budget.

Taxing baby shoe bronzers and shoe shines, that is going to bail this state out.

Michigan has gone from beng a joke to the laughing stock of this contry.

What kind of message does this send to future employers?

Old 10-23-2007, 06:40 PM

999 posts, read 4,530,973 times
I reall, really hate the gray skies of winter. It's depressing......More depressing than a rusty '65 GTO.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by and the View Post
I reall, really hate the gray skies of winter. It's depressing......More depressing than a rusty '65 GTO.
I agree with you on that. I haven't lived there since the 60's but that is one thing that I remember.
Especially when there's only patches of snow.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:29 AM

6 posts, read 13,613 times
State Goverment waste of tax payer's money

Old 10-24-2007, 07:40 PM

9 posts, read 12,482 times
I just hate it when people try to tell you that the economy is just hype and if you want to work you will, I guess they are the same people who see homless people and say what regan used to say, most of them want to be homless. I guess it helps them sleep at night.
When you have over 10,000 people in line to apply for a job at homedepot things are not as green as these idiots tell you.
Or the people who say you are being neg. and if you think positive thoughts you can make things better. Yah, and sylvia brown can tell you what your dead grandma is doing on the other side. I have a old but great shaped bridge in brooklyn I will make you such a deal on.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:59 PM

4 posts, read 6,261 times
I hate Michigan because the quality of life is terrible, there is no respect for the environment, and you have to drive everywhere... just to get the worst mediocre food in the country or go to a white trash joke of an Irish bar. There is nothing here to do except go to strip malls, and people get excited about happy hour at PF Changs. UGH. Sure you can go for a walk.... through a forest that was raped by industry next to a river I won't let my daughter near. Or you can go hunt.... and by hunt I mean get fat and sit in a blind while baiting scrawny ass deer. Oh did I mention the incredible racism? Way to redeem yourself Michigan, ignorance and hatred are always attractive features. PS Ann Arbor get over yourself. You are not a Portland, Eugene, San Fran or Austin. You're a self absorbed **** hole with no style and you stopped being weird, unique, or revolutionary about 30 years ago.

This is the land of mediocrity and everyone seems quite happy here. In fact everyone is SHOCKED I want to move. I hate it here, I feel like I am dying every day I stay. Yes I just moved here 6 months ago. Yes I am moving ASAP.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
I hate Michigan because the quality of life is terrible, there is no respect for the environment, and you have to drive everywhere... just to get the worst mediocre food in the country or go to a white trash joke of an Irish bar. There is nothing here to do except go to strip malls, and people get excited about happy hour at PF Changs. UGH. Sure you can go for a walk.... through a forest that was raped by industry next to a river I won't let my daughter near. Or you can go hunt.... and by hunt I mean get fat and sit in a blind while baiting scrawny ass deer. Oh did I mention the incredible racism? Way to redeem yourself Michigan, ignorance and hatred are always attractive features. PS Ann Arbor get over yourself. You are not a Portland, Eugene, San Fran or Austin. You're a self absorbed **** hole with no style and you stopped being weird, unique, or revolutionary about 30 years ago.

This is the land of mediocrity and everyone seems quite happy here. In fact everyone is SHOCKED I want to move. I hate it here, I feel like I am dying every day I stay. Yes I just moved here 6 months ago. Yes I am moving ASAP.
Sounds like a wise decision to me.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:40 PM

282 posts, read 815,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post

Bye, bye. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan