Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 02:19 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,373,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnix View Post
Are reservists traveling to and from allowed to stop in there Camos? What are the rules for Airforce Reservists and the usage of camos in public?
Before you worry about your uniform, learn to spell "Air Force"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 09:42 AM

224 posts, read 691,934 times
let em wear them, they've earned it

Old 06-03-2009, 09:58 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,979,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
let em wear them, they've earned it
They have earned the right to follow the rules/regulations/laws and to also be in proper uniform which seems to be the issue in this thread.

While in a military unit, it's normally obvious to each military member what the proper uniform is. If they don't know, the individual is normally eventually informed...

Rich

Old 06-03-2009, 10:06 AM

224 posts, read 691,934 times
even in the military world, some rules/regulations aren't followed to the "T" so some people are really quick to point out the "one who is not like the others" Instead of checking someone else's P's and Q's, focus on whether or not "you" set the standard...

Old 06-03-2009, 06:05 PM

16 posts, read 158,714 times
Most Marines will not wear their uniforms in public, they have an inside code for not showing off their uniform. "It's not for show," is their philosophy. They wear civilian satire during their leave. Wearing your uniform in public is annoying and stifling anyway. However there is always 1, in every platoon that does something absurd. If you do see them in uniform they're usually on official business.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:33 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,719,535 times
Let's see...In uniform I've:
Been to just about every restaurant in town...
Went to the DMV, renew my registration, took a motorcycle permit test...
Applied for my civilian passport; had my passport photo taken at cvs...
Picked up meds at walgreen...
Been to walmart 100 times...
Visited my local insurance office...
Did off base physical therapy.
Got fuel...

Some of the issue is TIME...If you have a very important matter that can only be taken care of business hours. It's can be a huge waste of time to change out of uniform if you're returning to base immediately after...

Old 06-04-2009, 04:22 PM

What uniforms are we talking about? The original thread started with "camos in public" and I'm not even sure what those are, the Army has BDU's and ACU's. Then "traveling to and from" from what, off base, on the base, in a base from one base to another? Drawing weapons at one point to travel to another? From what to what? I knew an Air Force "Cargo Master" (Is that still a proper term?) who went from one country to another on military aircraft.

So I guess if Fnix does not bother to come back and answer some questions, is he a fly-by AWOL poster?

Rich

There are other uniforms that can been worn in public and there are even some or there were countries where US Military personnel can now wear their uniforms unless under orders.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Let's see...In uniform I've:
Been to just about every restaurant in town...
Went to the DMV, renew my registration, took a motorcycle permit test...
Applied for my civilian passport; had my passport photo taken at cvs...
Picked up meds at walgreen...
Been to walmart 100 times...
Visited my local insurance office...
Did off base physical therapy.
Got fuel...

Some of the issue is TIME...If you have a very important matter that can only be taken care of business hours. It's can be a huge waste of time to change out of uniform if you're returning to base immediately after...
1. Are you currently an Air Force reservist?

2. If so what uniform?

3. Are you allowed to wear that uniform off base etc?

Rich

Old 06-04-2009, 07:32 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,719,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
1. Are you currently an Air Force reservist?

2. If so what uniform?

3. Are you allowed to wear that uniform off base etc?

Rich
AF Active Duty...
ACU the most "camo"...Also Blues on Mondays...
You see people all over town in them, also in flight suits. But the bottom line is I don't know and don't care

Old 06-04-2009, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the reply TheJagMan...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues