Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 07:41 PM

14,244 posts, read 4,620,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Wow, one of those female Rangers is an AH-64 pilot with the 4th Combat Aviation Brigade at Ft. Carson, I served three and half years in that same brigade working on those AH-64's. Was there when they were brand new, and spent 6 months deployed to Hood learning how to work on them. and watched them fly to Carson for the first time. I guess it's possible that some of them are still in service 28 years later.

I say these women, if they can graduate the Ranger course, are indeed Rangers, and bad ass women. More power to them.
My point just flew over your head, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 07:46 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,564,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
My point just flew over your head, huh?
Did you have a point? Perhaps you should start there. All I heard was whining.

Old 01-26-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Did you have a point? Perhaps you should start there. All I heard was whining.
Females with tabs = female Rangers

Cotton with tab = nope, not a Ranger

Capiche?

Old 01-26-2021, 07:58 PM

5,052 posts, read 6,362,094 times
Quote:
Everyone with Ranger tab refers to himself as a Ranger. The winners from 2019 Best RANGER Competition were a pair of officers from 101st Airborne, the same unit that Cotton commanded and served.

Were they (the winners) not best Rangers? What do you suggest we should call Rangers winning Best Ranger Competition if they are not from 75th Ranger Regiment? Best tabbed-Ranger? Best Ranger-but-not-really-Ranger?
One thing is for sure: if those best Ranger winners deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st as their only deployment, and then tried to claim they were deployed as Rangers in Afghanistan, they would be fibbing a little. No, a lot.

Old 01-26-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Females with tabs = female Rangers

Cotton with tab = nope, not a Ranger

Capiche?
The two female Ranger's completed the 8 week Ranger School.

Quote:
But the 123 days it took to earn the Tab was no easy journey, both women agreed.

Haver and Griest failed the first phase of the course twice, though their performance impressed Ranger leaders enough to be offered a chance to start over from day one.
Yep, they earned it. What is your problem with it? That they did something you can't do?

Old 01-26-2021, 08:15 PM

Quote:
The two female Ranger's completed the 8 week Ranger School.

Yep, they earned it. What is your problem with it? That they did something you can't do?
Are you pretending to be dumb? Did I say anything about females should or should not allow to attend RS?

Again, females with tabs are called female “Rangers”. But Cotton is a poser because he calls himself a Ranger?

Is that really hard for you to understand?

P.s yeah I know RS is hard. That’s why whoever earns that tab deserves to call a Ranger. You obviously do not think so.

Last edited by Du Ma; 01-26-2021 at 08:23 PM..

Old 01-26-2021, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
One thing is for sure: if those best Ranger winners deployed to Afghanistan with the 101st as their only deployment, and then tried to claim they were deployed as Rangers in Afghanistan, they would be fibbing a little. No, a lot.
Agree.

But Cotton never made a claim to serve in Iraq or Afghan with the 75th, according to the article in the link I posted .

Old 01-26-2021, 08:46 PM

5,052 posts, read 6,362,094 times
Quote:
Agree.

But Cotton never made a claim to serve in Iraq or Afghan with the 75th, according to the article in the link I posted .
The quote in Salon was that in another quote for a newspaper, he said "My experience as a U.S. Army Ranger in Iraq and Afghanistan and my experience in business will put me in very good condition."

Did he actually say that? I don't know. It was a quote of a quote, and may have gotten twisted. Even if he said it, probably technically true. But close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. How about the below video:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1353113770894233602

"I made tough decisions as an Army Ranger in Iraq." I find that kind of bogus, similar to someone who has been to jump school but is not on jump status deploying, then saying "I made tough decisions as a paratrooper in XXX place." Well, technically, they were a paratrooper, but the reality is-not serving as one.

Senator Cotton wasn't serving as a Ranger, and I find it hard to believe he didn't know the difference.

Old 01-27-2021, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Are you pretending to be dumb? Did I say anything about females should or should not allow to attend RS?

Again, females with tabs are called female “Rangers”. But Cotton is a poser because he calls himself a Ranger?

Is that really hard for you to understand?

P.s yeah I know RS is hard. That’s why whoever earns that tab deserves to call a Ranger. You obviously do not think so.
Oh brother...........

Old 01-27-2021, 06:23 AM

12,411 posts, read 8,202,118 times
When I served there where still a few Vietnam veterans around from the Provisional Ranger Companies of Korea and Vietnam and maybe some WWII vets but the Ranger Regiment was a new thing just known for backing up Delta Force at Desert One and Grenada. And if you were not at Forts Lewis or Benning you probably never came across someone in a black beret and jungle boots and fatigues. I wonder how they reacted when the rest of the Army was authorized jungle fatigues before the hot weather BDUs were approved?

Meanwhile many combat arms officers and NCO's wore the tab and were sometimes called Rangers. And Jody calls no matter which boot camp you attended and where you were going called about being and Airborne Ranger and some of the Drill Sergeants wore the tab.

I guess if more infantrymen were around that served in one of those two battalions or the training cadre, there might have been some stolen valor type pushback about the "real Rangers". But mostly that came in later with the adoration of the elites and the Rangers was one of the few places you could go on the first enlistment and attain that status

Last edited by Taiko; 01-27-2021 at 06:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues