Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 08:05 PM

6,127 posts, read 3,351,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
What? You’re questioning the SECDEF and the CJCS? They both outrank any CENTCOM CDR and CENTCOM CDR’s are infallible. At least according to you.
Austin is nothing more than a diversity hire and Milley just goes along with anything so he doesn’t get dismissed.

Change my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 08:37 PM

28,677 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Austin is nothing more than a diversity hire and Milley just goes along with anything so he doesn’t get dismissed.

Change my mind.
Army four star general, four decades of service, and you still think he's just a diversity hire.

What would it take?

Old 09-04-2022, 11:25 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,314,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Army four star general, four decades of service, and you still think he's just a diversity hire.

What would it take?
I don't know if you follow this poster on other forums. He's something of a joke, but I respond to him because some of his statements are downright dangerous.

You remember he was against ordering the military to take the Covid 19 vaccination. In fact, it bordered on hysteria.

He was against the withdrawal from Afghanistan despite 20 years of futile effort.

In another forum, he has opined that the JFK assassination had to be part of a conspiracy.

He is clearly very much against the current administration, but never says anything bad about the former leader of our nation despite January 6th and behavior that many of us think borders on treason.

I'm not surprised he is after Milley and Austin either. However, the remark that Austin was a "diversity hire" is clearly over the top. Austin was confirmed with many republican votes in the Senate.

I can respect his service. Its harder to respect him.

Old 09-06-2022, 05:33 AM

Quote:

What would it take?
This administration is all about diversity hires, in fact, they announce way beforehand that they will only consider people of color as candidates for certain positions. So if that’s not a diversity hire, what is it actually?

Biden, “The next SECDEF will have to make sure that our military reflects and promotes the full diversity of our nation.”

He said it right there in the speech!

What would it take for you?

Old 09-06-2022, 05:40 AM

5,723 posts, read 4,696,002 times
The confirmation vote was 93-2. Anything else?

Old 09-06-2022, 05:47 AM

4,910 posts, read 2,059,477 times
Quote:

What would it take?
What would it take? Well, having a set of nutz to tell the POTUS his ideals/plans are ineffective and laying out the reasons why AND both the short term AND long term negative effectives would be if the POTUS should persisted to push forward with his ideals/plans. If Milley was convinced that the POTUS is not seriously considering his plans and/or ideals, he should do the responsible thing and resign, which may bring common sense back into the room.

Milley has involved himself too deeply with the senior civilian leadership and to a point which it appears that he is nothing but a “yes man” and will rubber stamp any ideals, to include failed ideals like the full retreat from Afghanistan, that may come from the POTUS just to stay in power.

IMHO, Milley is more concerned in pleasing the current administration than ensuring that the U.S. Armed Forces are combat ready and present a serious threat to any and all enemies.

If it is true that Milley told all the other senior military leadership within the Armed Forces that if Trump gave an order, that they are to contact him first for further instructions BEFORE CARRYING THEM OUT. Plus, Milley told his Chinese counter-part that he would warm them of any American attack…. If true, I wonder how many American service members would die after this warning to an enemy? What about if the Chinese then launches a first strike on our cities, how many civilians would be killed by Milley giving them a heads-up on an U.S. attack? The last time I checked the U.S. Constitution, the POTUS was and without question, the Commander and Chief of the entire Armed Forces of the United States. Also, it is rumored that Milley called Michelle Obama AFTER Biden won the election in 2020 to state how pleased he was that the “adults are now back in the room.” If true, he should have been relieved and forced into retirement immediately.

Honestly, Trump should have fired him after these stunts, if true.

Prior to 2020, I thought highly of Milley, but in the Spring/Summer of 2020 and till now, my opinion is that he is the “poster boy” of failed military leadership. With that said, this one of the many reasons why the American people are loosing respect AND trust in our Armed Forces, which in turn, has effected the lack of recruitment into the US military. Patriotic young men and women are not willing to serve in and under a military that’s last major action, or inaction, was a total and a sad retreat from an enemy.

Last edited by bergun; 09-06-2022 at 05:57 AM..

Old 09-06-2022, 02:45 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,146,064 times
Quote:

Change my mind.
I tried to give ya points for that, but it won't let me give you anymore. But you are spot on on that statement.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I don't know if you follow this poster on other forums. He's something of a joke, but I respond to him because some of his statements are downright dangerous.

You remember he was against ordering the military to take the Covid 19 vaccination. In fact, it bordered on hysteria.

He was against the withdrawal from Afghanistan despite 20 years of futile effort.

In another forum, he has opined that the JFK assassination had to be part of a conspiracy.

He is clearly very much against the current administration, but never says anything bad about the former leader of our nation despite January 6th and behavior that many of us think borders on treason.

I'm not surprised he is after Milley and Austin either. However, the remark that Austin was a "diversity hire" is clearly over the top. Austin was confirmed with many republican votes in the Senate.

I can respect his service. Its harder to respect him.
Dangerous? I actually get this comment from time to time and I have to disagree. There is nothing dangerous at all about my posts. People can either agree with me or don’t. If I’m clearly wrong, like you firmly believe, where is the danger in that?

But what “dangerous” really means is that you’d like to stifle my right to free speech.

Luckily, I’m on an obscure website like CD, and only a few people read my posts, so I can’t be cancelled like Andrew Tate.

But getting back to the thread topic, yet another example is that this administration will now have the VA perform abortions. That capability doesn’t currently exist in many places, so many millions of dollars will have to be spent in order to grow this capability.

At the same exact time, the GAO found fault with the VA about Agent Orange claims not being dealt with properly.

Does this really sound like a serious military to you? Or does it seem more like a social experiment?

Old 09-08-2022, 06:38 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:

Change my mind.
Bingo. At that level, it's just about attending briefings and saying "yes sir" so you don't get fired from your 6 figure job.

Old 10-14-2022, 05:21 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,092,438 times
Default Times have changed

Can you imagine today giving the Chinese a tour of an American aircraft carrier today? What was wrong with these admirals just a few years ago offering to give the Chinese a tour of our current fleet?

In 2015, Adm. Jonathan W. Greenert, chief of naval operations, told The Wall Street Journal that his Chinese counterpart mentioned the idea of a U.S. carrier crew touring its lone Liaoning carrier and a Chinese crew touring the USS George Washington.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/u-s-na...of-carrier.amp

In that Wall Street Journal article,
https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-p...ary-1405964884

DALIAN, China—China is seeking greater access to U.S. aircraft carriers and guidance on how to operate its own first carrier, the Liaoning, testing the limits of a newly cooperative military relationship the two sides have tried to cultivate in the past year.

The latest Chinese request came last week when U.S. Adm. Jonathan W. Greenert, chief of naval operations, visited China to explore new areas of cooperation, despite recent maritime tensions and the presence of an uninvited Chinese spy ship at naval drills off Hawaii.

Who would think we needed to issue direct orders to senior leaders to stop the idea of giving tours to our enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues