Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 08:48 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times

Advertisements

The Army has admitted to difficulties in recruiting Caucasian recruits and unlike some deniers, the reasons are not that mysterious.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...cruits-report/

Next it’s unknown if the military will change course in order to adequately increase the numbers. Even with a 20,000 reduction in end strength, the Army continues to have (self reported) recruiting woes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2024, 07:03 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
DEI policies that promote certain groups while demonizing others will have that effect. But that's the problem with certain definitions of diversity that feign respect for varied experiences and backgrounds, but don't actually mean for everyone. I recall when I sat on a college board (went to an Ivy League university) and we were discussing affirmative action policies. You should have heard the gasps and insults I received for daring to advocate for an affirmative action based on socioeconomic status and not race. Even my professor, a white self-professed traditional leftist, was left disgusted. Sadly, this is what some want to do with every part of society, and the military isn't being spared.

Old 01-14-2024, 03:33 AM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
The political party that is in charge right now, with input from the establishment of the other party, determined that they needed to change the overall makeup of the military to something more in tune with their ideology.

I think they have factored in the short term degradation and feel like the long term will be fine, once they are able to bring in all those non-white immigrants into the fold.

Obviously, we will all be dead and buried, but half a century from now, this country will be completely unrecognizable to what it is now.

So the real question is what can be done right now to fix the problem? Absolutely nothing. It’s already too late.

If you are a person of color, I can’t really fault them for cheering this whole thing on as they stand to benefit in the future. Maybe not as much as they think they will, but it will certainly be better than what their ancestors endured.

But if you are white, you really need to understand where this is going. For old guys like me, it doesn’t really matter. My life won’t be much affected as this movement is still in its infancy. But if you are young, I think you ought to at least look into an exit strategy. I believe the end game will be using the military against the white population, perhaps disarming them. It’s gonna be a lot of Ruby Ridges, but the elite will have expendable military members who will feel no allegiance to these white people.

If you don’t believe this, all you have to do is turn on just about any MSM news program and you’ll be able to see and feel the disdain and contempt that the ruling establishment has for the middle and lower class white person.

Some will think we deserve it due to “sins of the father”, and that’s where DEI comes in. It doesn’t matter if you have personally done nothing wrong, you are guilty by association, tribalism at its worst.

To sum up, I think that many white people understand all of what I’ve written here and are very cautious about moving forward, to include joining the military.

Old 01-14-2024, 03:39 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
DEI policies that promote certain groups while demonizing others will have that effect. But that's the problem with certain definitions of diversity that feign respect for varied experiences and backgrounds, but don't actually mean for everyone. I recall when I sat on a college board (went to an Ivy League university) and we were discussing affirmative action policies. You should have heard the gasps and insults I received for daring to advocate for an affirmative action based on socioeconomic status and not race. Even my professor, a white self-professed traditional leftist, was left disgusted. Sadly, this is what some want to do with every part of society, and the military isn't being spared.
DEI is acceptable form of racism and bigotry. It only looks at skin color and ethnic origins instead of socioeconomic backgrounds. It assumes people of certain groups are oppressed and people of certain groups are the oppressors. Hen you spend time demonizing people as oppressors then you shouldn’t be surprised when they stop volunteering to enlist in an organization that hates them.

Old 01-14-2024, 07:00 AM

Default From the article - quote

The official response by the Army, in the article, is the increase in obesity, reduced quality in education, and politicization of military. The numbers show nearly a 50% drop in Caucasian recruits while 7% increase in Hispanic. Notice they don’t attribute a name to the quotes in the article? What reporter doesn’t ask the name of who they are talking too?

From the article, “Army officials told Military.com that multiple factors have contributed to the recruitment issue, including an increase in obesity in the United States, heightened criticism of the military due to political issues, and a public education system that lacks critical resources in America.”

So the Army is concerned about this topic (of too low of recruits, which are now “only” 52% Caucasian), hence the article in the Military Times but is there a “fix”?
Does the Army even want a “fix”? It’s implied in the article the “surge” just needs to continue and with continued drop in overall size of the Army, once it’s down to. 400,000, there won’t be a problem.

If the Army today can be 400,000 end strength, and fight two simultaneous wars successfully, you are dreaming.

Old 01-14-2024, 08:47 AM

560 posts, read 335,690 times
Quote:
Part of those labor trends is men in their prime working age of 25 to 54 years old detaching from the labor market for decades, though that age group is slightly older than prime recruiting age.

The work rate for men in that age group has dropped from 94% in 1948 to 86% in 2023, according to Eberstadt's landmark study "Men Without Work." That group accounts for roughly six million men who are unemployed and not looking for work, which generally isn't captured by unemployment stats....

Among other problems, opioid overdoses have increasingly pummeled the U.S. every year, with 80,000 deaths in 2021 and about 75% of overdose victims being white and many in their twenties, according to data compiled by the Kaiser Family Foundation....

A 2018 study published in the Journal of Public Health Management and Practice found Southern recruits are 22% more likely to get injured in basic training and had the lowest median levels of fitness compared to troops from other parts of the country.

Nationally, the South has the highest prevalence of obesity

Sounds like many may be too fat, too lazy, too strung out or too dead to serve.

Old 01-14-2024, 09:15 AM

Default And when ads only show military as Caucasian, the comments center on diversity

Recent Army ad aimed towards getting recruits is seen as lacking diversity.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...reates-a-stir/

The Army can’t win here, can it?

Old 01-14-2024, 11:22 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The official response by the Army, in the article, is the increase in obesity, reduced quality in education, and politicization of military. The numbers show nearly a 50% drop in Caucasian recruits while 7% increase in Hispanic. Notice they don’t attribute a name to the quotes in the article? What reporter doesn’t ask the name of who they are talking too?

From the article, “Army officials told Military.com that multiple factors have contributed to the recruitment issue, including an increase in obesity in the United States, heightened criticism of the military due to political issues, and a public education system that lacks critical resources in America.”

So the Army is concerned about this topic (of too low of recruits, which are now “only” 52% Caucasian), hence the article in the Military Times but is there a “fix”?
Does the Army even want a “fix”? It’s implied in the article the “surge” just needs to continue and with continued drop in overall size of the Army, once it’s down to. 400,000, there won’t be a problem.

If the Army today can be 400,000 end strength, and fight two simultaneous wars successfully, you are dreaming.
Sort of like when the military brass say they don’t have “quotas”.

Old 01-16-2024, 06:44 PM

5,716 posts, read 4,682,005 times
Funny, the article states this decline started in 2018.

British Army having issues as well! https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...itment-crisis/

It's almost as if it's a problem with today's youth. But nah, it must be political.

Old 01-17-2024, 02:57 AM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Funny, the article states this decline started in 2018.

British Army having issues as well! https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...itment-crisis/

It's almost as if it's a problem with today's youth. But nah, it must be political.
Let me repost this fact yet again, since you are in complete denial.

1) During the last administration, recruiting goals were met.

2) During this administration, recruiting goals are not being met.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues