Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2010, 02:45 PM

451 posts, read 998,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Great recycle idea! I am going to tell my sister!
!! Phew! That was close.

When I first saw that I read it as you were going to *sell* your sister!
Not that I find the idea objectionable - I don't even know the girl.

I was merely surprised to find you telling folks at C-D.

Now I'm just disappointed... I think...

mg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 07:57 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,645,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
I have been ready for tomorrow since November of last year
Equipment is checked and rechecked, licenses are in my pocket, scouting has been done, truck has a new transfer case, tires are good, oil is changed and the tank is full.
I have my fresh power bars in my fanny pack, the shells for my rifle have been handled and minutely inspected over and over. Rifle is oiled and clean, sights have been checked and it is dead on.
My clothes are laid out and ready to jump into.
Weather reports are checked.

What were we talking about again??

Oh Yeah, the start of the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

I may go out tomorrow, depends on if the wife has something lined up instead. Or I could slip out of the house before she wakes up...
I'm going walking with a group of 4 tomorrow. I can't hunt big game until possibly 11/01/10- which would be my 6 month anniversary as a bon-a-fide Montana res-eee-dent. It cost me $110 bucks to hunt birds as an out of stater and that was a splurge. I ain't paying outta state fees for big game

So I'll settle for a fanny pack of snacks, binoculars, camera and the possibility of helping others skin and quarter game..

Old 10-22-2010, 11:06 PM

299 posts, read 566,122 times
Default "she moved ??? ... Where to? .......

... "Well now, lets see.. You go down the road a piece and take a left on the first dirt road you come to.. Follow it for bout 8 miles till you get to the tree that looks like Daffy Duck with his beak on backwards.. The tree got hit by lightening bout 6 year ago and wound up looking like that.. The darndest thing.. Take a right there and go bout 3 miles till you come to the fork in the road ... (insert picture of fork .. miss you, johnny carson) ... Take the left fork and in a few minutes you'll see a log home off to the left......"

... "And that'll be her house?"

... Naw ... that'll be my uncle's place .. but HE might know where she lives.. He's lived here alot longer than me.

( 4 hours later, and finally with some REAL directions from a gas station )

knock .. knock .. knock ........

... "Anybody home?"

( silence )

... "I KNOW this is the place .. I followed the directions the guy at the gas station gave us.. You guys walk around the house and see if you can find anyone.."

( a few minutes later......)

... "Nobody outside, but we think we saw someone walk by a window.. Try knockin again."

knock .. knock .. knock ......

( the door slowly opens ) ... "creeeeeeeeeeeeek"

... " AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH "

... "Wait, its one of Ricker's cousins.. This must be the right place."

... "You're too late .. they're gone."

... "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" .. "YOU ATE THEM???"

... "why me?"

... "No .. they moved .. just the other day."

... "OH ....... we knew that's what you meant."

... "What direction did she move."

... "West"

... "Great, then its closer to Bozeman." ... "How long would it take to get there if we left from Bozeman."

... "Hmmmm, I'd say bout 10 hours."

... "TEN HOURS ???"

... "Yeah .. 5 hours back to Bozeman, and then 5 hours back here."

... " ???? "

... "That's her across the street, isn't it."

... "Yep .. due west." ....... "They got quite a party goin, too." ...... "Went and got me some stew." ... (holds up the bowl)

... "IT'S PURPLE !!!"

... " HEY ... REZ IS COOKING " ........ "Let's go guys .. before the food's all gone.. I hope they cooked some bacon."

(an hour later all 5 are stuffed ... though not quite sure exactly what they ate)

... (holding up and looking at a thick piece of bacon he's eating) ...
"EXCELLENT BACON ... American Yorkshire, I think .. (another nibble) .. NO .. wait .. I believe this is Belgian Landrace.. WOW..

... "That's a good eatin' pig?"

... "THE BEST" .. " An impudent little porker .. its called the rascal of the stockyards." ... "And that attitude comes across in its meat." ..."Its meat stays tender, even after frying ... velvet smooth fat ... and a strong, in your face, pork flavor, that lingers well after the eatin's done.. A SERIOUS pork lover's meat." .... "This is bacon is where the term HOG HEAVEN came from."

... "Grab a couple pieces boys, and settle in and find out what great swine is all about."

... "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

... "EXACTLY"

... "You know .. this new place feels like home already.. What do YOU think, guys?"

... "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

... "Exactly"

... "HEY .. MT7 ... I LIKE YOUR NEW PLACE.. More room, but still kinda cozy."

tiberius

Old 10-22-2010, 11:43 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,157,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
... " HEY ... REZ IS COOKING " ........ "Let's go guys .. before the food's all gone.. I hope they cooked some bacon."

(an hour later all 5 are stuffed...
...and mounted...)

Quote:
... though not quite sure exactly what they ate)
That's why no one eats at my house.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,091 times
<--- has been spending his time both with work, and cutting meat... (my wife says that's a good sign when it comes to my attitude..) and building a new smoker. Best part is I haven't shot my bow in 10 years... until yesterday morning that is...

Some of us old farts can remember stuff after all.. Freezer is big enough to accompany rifle season on top of this heavy 7 point.. Life is good!

Old 10-22-2010, 11:53 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,062,717 times
Default I found it too ~♥~ The Mother Lode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
I found it! (?)
I found the mother lode. Here are a few of the nuggets I found in the last few days.

I do miniature reproductions of pictographs and petroglyphs. Some of the rocks I collect are specimens and should not be putzed with.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TMId6LJ0QHI/AAAAAAAAF_4/HmeKLPuI-bM/s512/IMG_1760.JPG (broken link)

I won't paint or carve on these. The grooves on the left rock were cut by gravel embedded in the bottom of a glacier as the ice was advancing.
The wavy texture in the right rock was made by flowing water, they are ripple marks like seen on the sand at the beach at low tide.
These rocks most likely were in Idaho once and were slid over other rocks on a thrust fault during the continuing up thrusting of the rocky mountains.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TMIXH_5QzOI/AAAAAAAAF-w/2M9-QjSOVQ8/s512/IMG_1762.JPG (broken link)

Old 10-23-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
<--- has been spending his time both with work, and cutting meat... (my wife says that's a good sign when it comes to my attitude..) and building a new smoker. Best part is I haven't shot my bow in 10 years... until yesterday morning that is...

Some of us old farts can remember stuff after all.. Freezer is big enough to accompany rifle season on top of this heavy 7 point.. Life is good!
You are making me jealous! I can't bow hunt anymore (spine and shoulder problems) and won't get out to 'serious' Elk/deer country for two more weeks.

Congratulations on your successful bow harvest, Timberwolf.

mg

Old 10-23-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:

... (holding up and looking at a thick piece of bacon he's eating) ...
"EXCELLENT BACON ... American Yorkshire, I think .. (another nibble) .. NO .. wait .. I believe this is Belgian Landrace.. WOW..

tiberius
Not sure I understood those parts of the story before or after this point.
But I ALWAYS understand BACON!!!!

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

. !!!Bacon!!! .

mg

Old 10-23-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post

I won't paint or carve on these. The grooves on the left rock were cut by gravel embedded in the bottom of a glacier as the ice was advancing.
That's just, ....um...., 'Groovy' - Dude.

Sorry. Couldn't help ol' self.

mg

Old 10-23-2010, 07:36 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,048,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post

Let's see some pics!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana