Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 09:55 PM

4 posts, read 27,310 times

Advertisements

It is fabulous, I am choked up. I live in California and I have seen beautiful sunsets here of course, but something about seeing them and listening to the traffic at the same time takes the beauty away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 09:56 PM

4 posts, read 27,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happiness is View Post
This Northern Flicker has been hanging around the suet feeders for several days. (Not the best camera, sorry for the quality).
So beautiful!!! Camera aside

Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 AM

1,191 posts, read 3,001,439 times
Hi there in Cali.
Regarding your question about weather... each person has their own tolerance of heat and cold, deep winter snow and short days of sunlight in winter. The sky in my part of Montana is usually clear blue, no matter what time of year, but we do get deep snow in winter. You learn to pay for the home heating bills and wear warm clothes if you are moving here from a hot location. I was born and raised in Montana, have enjoyed traveling many places away from here, but I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:48 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,198 times
Always clear blue skies, but we pay for it with cold, windy and in some parts lots of snow

Old 07-11-2011, 06:02 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannymontanny View Post
up at glacier park and, some others, Flickr: dlts4u's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/9419780@N03/ - broken link)
granny, if you took those, you are an artist. They are just beautiful. I enjoyed them so much, Thx.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:07 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:
I have photos of the Polebridge building, too... it's a classic old cabin and the first one I thought of. I hope it doesn't completely deteriorate, as it has become a landmark on that road.
I couldn't see any of those that ricker put up of the cabins. I don't know why.....whine, whine.....

Old 07-16-2011, 03:03 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,814,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
granny, if you took those, you are an artist. They are just beautiful. I enjoyed them so much, Thx.
Thank you
i love camera

Old 08-01-2011, 04:30 PM

Default Great Falls sunset

I'm back with more sunsets, but from Great Falls this time. I spent a fine week visiting with a lifelong friend first at my house, then up in GF after giving her a ride home (she is 77 and doesn't drive on the highway any more).

Her home is above the Missouri and faces Gore Hill, so the sunsets from the wall of windows and the balcony are awesome. Her family owned a lot of property in GF, including the Dempsey Inn, and the location of this property was once a bare hill where her grandfather told Charlie Russell to go ahead and paint there any time he wanted... which he did.

Still the poor quality camera, but I hope you overlook that and just see the technicolor sky.

H.I.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-gfsunset1.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-gfsunset2.jpg  

Last edited by happiness is; 08-01-2011 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: adding photos

Old 08-01-2011, 04:35 PM

You can see the sunset reflected in the Missouri River.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:54 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Her home is above the Missouri and faces Gore Hill, so the sunsets from the wall of windows and the balcony are awesome. Her family owned a lot of property in GF, including the Dempsey Inn, and the location of this property was once a bare hill where her grandfather told Charlie Russell to go ahead and paint there any time he wanted... which he did.

Still the poor quality camera, but I hope you overlook that and just see the technicolor sky.
Ooooh, and people still wonder why I like Great Falls... those sunsets say it all. Great story too!

Have you ever seen the "pink air" phenomenon there? Never seen it anywhere else. Seems to be due to suspended fine dust blowing off Gore Hill (maybe with an inversion layer over the town?) on an otherwise-clear day. It really looks like the air is pink all around you, not just a pink sky overhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana