Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 09:07 AM

185 posts, read 461,318 times

Advertisements

Oh my gosh you're tough stuff Elk Hunter!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 09:37 PM

3,888 posts, read 4,542,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Update as of this morning.

The wound started out as two parts, not sure if you could tell in the picture. The long open part and the a whole above it about 1 3/4 in in diameter. Then, last week, the surgeon ripped the drain tube out, giving me another hole, about 1/2 inch in diameter.

Today, the drain hole is gone, no bandage. The large whole at the top is small enough that today the nurse covered it with a 1/2 inch square bandaid. The long 17 inch incision is now only 17cm long and still has the wound vac on it. Almost healed.

Remember last year I was running a roller and it failed and I rolled it down a hill backwards and jumped it out into the woods. When I bailed off of it, I broke all the joints in my right foot, destroying all of the ligaments and tendons????? Guy called me a couple nights ago, wanted me to run roller again for him, so in a week or so, Timber and I will be back up on that roller. hahaha. This time with a foot and leg brace still on since last years wreck.
City girl here would like to know... what is a roller?? Mountain man equipment? A sport? Vehicle?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:47 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
City girl here would like to know... what is a roller?? Mountain man equipment? A sport? Vehicle?
A roller is a 60,000 lb piece of construction equipment that is used to pack down soil, gravel,, sand, or in this case, small gravel called chips. We lay down oil/tar, then spread chips and the run over it withe the roller to put a new layer on the highway. You have probably seen a roller, it us over 9 ft tall and about 30 ft long. It has 6 wheels across the front and 8 wheels across the back. Some rollers have a large metal from on the front and back.

MTS, no worry's. This year, the area I will be doing is all level, no hills, so the fact that there is no brakes is not a problem. hahaha

Old 08-08-2014, 07:47 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
Glad to hear that Elk

I don't think my father ever drove a vehicle that had brakes, so he never missed them. Of course most of his tractors had to be parked on a hillside to roll start because the starters didn't work either, but that just made for a little adventure to break up the monotony of the day right? No brakes and no starters made for a few exciting rides.....

It's good to hear you are doing so much better, keep it up!

Old 08-18-2014, 07:48 PM

Vacuum pump was removed this morning. It was really becoming a pain wearing it around my neck. Plus, I was feathered to it at night so you couldn't roll over. But now it is gone, wound was small enough that the pump wasn't. working anymore. Wound is now about 6 inches long, less than a half inch wide and only a quarter inch deep. Going to sleep well tonight.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:01 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,122,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Vacuum pump was removed this morning. It was really becoming a pain wearing it around my neck. Plus, I was feathered to it at night so you couldn't roll over. But now it is gone, wound was small enough that the pump wasn't. working anymore. Wound is now about 6 inches long, less than a half inch wide and only a quarter inch deep. Going to sleep well tonight.
.........Great news Elk................

OK, now that the Pump is gone, how about that cute little nurse that's been tuckin' you in at bedtime?...................does she have to be returned too?

Old 08-18-2014, 11:25 PM

Unfortunately. ;(

Old 08-19-2014, 01:55 AM

606 posts, read 1,978,773 times
Yay!!! Good sleeping to ya!! wish I could sleep . . . 4 Am here and I'm just now wrapping things up. Professional genealogy can sure mess with your sleep schedule!!!

Old 08-24-2014, 08:32 AM

Progressing nicely. Last week, in Monday, the vacuum pump came off. By Thursday, a nasty infection set in. Different dressing and different approach and the infection is about cleare. Every morning I have to scrub it clean with saline and a gauze 4x4.

It is almost healed enough so they can set up surgery on my right foot. haha

I took a picture but it won't let me upload it. I have to resize it. I am on my phone so I am not sure how to do that. I will figure it out and then post it.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:55 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
ok, so I totally wasn't being nosey when I said something about your health on the Front Porch! There's a whole thread about it! Don't know what started it all, but so glad you've come along as well as you have and are recovering so well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: