Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:37 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,264,853 times

Advertisements

Oh...one thing I do want everyone to understand:

Its ILLEGAL for lenders to give Realtors "kickbacks".

So when I recommend one of my lenders, its simply because I KNOW they'll give great service and great rates to MY CLIENTS.

I always like it when one of my clients has a previous lender and wants to use that lender again. Its great to find other lenders that I can add to my list.

Just know that when your agent recommends someone, its not because we get anything out of it...its simply to get the best for our clients.

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 10:05 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,613,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Good luck newuser. Like I said...had 2 clients and had huge problems both times.

At least with the lenders in town, you can go to their office and just sit until the issues are resolved.

With the internet lenders being in some other state, what recourse do you have?

Vicki
I hear what you're saying Vicki, but I'm a cheap bastard.

The way I look at it is like this. . . . . . am I willing to spend the 1% origination fee (on my loan that will be $2500) and another say $20/month ($7200 over the life of the loan) for the higher interest rate just so that *IF* there is a problem I can sit in the mortgage company's office while they fix it?

That's a $10,000.00 insurance policy that I'm going to pass on.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:19 AM

I understand what you are saying...can't believe the moderators allowed that "B" word!!!

However, the 1% origination fee is what the lender usually gets for his fees. So if you are not paying that...where is his fee coming from? You can't tell me he is working for free!!! Yield spread? I'm really curious to know how that works. Any lenders here today?

Wondering minds want to know...

Vicki

Old 04-16-2007, 05:17 PM

41 posts, read 316,718 times
Default Mortgage-origination fee

I was wondering that as well. All the lenders we looked with have the loan origination fee (1% of the price of the hom)....I saw someone else call it a "junk fee". Is it possible to get a loan without it?

Old 04-16-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moesgirl View Post
I was wondering that as well. All the lenders we looked with have the loan origination fee (1% of the price of the hom)....I saw someone else call it a "junk fee". Is it possible to get a loan without it?
Yes. My lender charges a flat rate of $990 for a loan. I know a lot of you out there are saying "Yeah, but you get what you pay for." and that may be the case. We'll see how it goes once we actually apply for the loan. Right now all I have is a "truth in lending" statement and a pre-approval.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Yes. My lender charges a flat rate of $990 for a loan. I know a lot of you out there are saying "Yeah, but you get what you pay for." and that may be the case. We'll see how it goes once we actually apply for the loan. Right now all I have is a "truth in lending" statement and a pre-approval.
Usually what I find is that if the origination fee is below 1%, the lender is either hitting you with junk fees (extra processing fee, managment fee, etc.) or he is giving you a higher rate and getting paid by the yield spread.

I just don't see how you can get no orig. AND low rate.

Vicki

Old 04-16-2007, 09:14 PM

7 posts, read 21,422 times
Default which internet lenders?

Vicki-

Which internet lenders did your clients have a hard time with? Do you know anything about Acclaimed Financial Group?

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:04 PM

43,347 posts, read 77,209,038 times
Internet mortgage brokers as a group have a woeful record of funding loans.
http://www.builderonline.com/industr...ticleID=209055

This is the major driver for builders to give incentives to Buyers to use their professionals. They know they will perform to keep getting the business.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I just don't see how you can get no orig. AND low rate.
High volume and low overhead? That's what I'm hoping.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:25 AM

578 posts, read 3,082,697 times
From what I've seen you can forgoe the origination fee for a .125 percent higher rate through local lenders in Raleigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages