Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 10:11 PM

690 posts, read 1,006,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
I've heard that the 3rd project will be Rock. I can't quite remember where I heard this theory, but these 3 albums are focusing on genres that were founded by Black culture but eventually taken over while Blacks were pushed out.
You are right. This is a Beyonce album, not Country and a great piece of Americana culture displayed that black people have made/influenced. I LIKE that with Act i Renaissance, she is still blending genres together while still sounding authentically Beyonce in Act ii Cowboy Carter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 05:07 AM

103 posts, read 38,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I have never been a fan of Beyonce (other than her looks), and I am DEFINITELY not a fan of country music. But this album seems to be overwhelmingly liked and highly rated based on reviews by fans, critics and music journalists alike. Heck, even country artists are praising it.
You must have forgotten what era we're living in ... It's best for people in the spotlight to not say anything negative about her go at country. Of course, if you're a Beyonce fan, you're going to like it.

And it's a win-win for the country musicians who collaborated with her - they know she's a money maker and they're helping to shed the image that the country music industry is 'racist.'

Old 04-03-2024, 05:25 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I mean, she's warning Jolene to stay away from her man in that song.

Empowering would be kicking her cheating man to the curb.

In the end, it's the same song with a twist. Dolly's version pleads for Jolene to please not take her man while Beyonce's version tells Jolene to back the heck off of her man.
How do you know her man is cheating on her with Jolene? Seems like Jolene is after her man and she is telling Jolene to back off. In the context of Jay Z being her man and him being in the video and there are probably endless women throwing themselves at him all the time. That is the context of the version of this song in my opinion.

Not a big fan of Beyonce but she did a good job with this. And if Dolly gives her approval. That is good enough for me. And I also like the White Stripes version of this song.

Old 04-03-2024, 06:39 AM

1,211 posts, read 501,942 times
So do we have some Beyhive stans in here? I am blown away with celebrity worship, I will never get it. At least when people are adults.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:00 AM

1,852 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsofspring View Post
Most Wanted, the song with Miley Cyrus, to me is the best on the album. I was pleasantly surprised. Everything about that song is beautiful and their voices work well together believe it or not! It can be about lovers, siblings or best friends. It just fits!! I need to look up who wrote it.

I believe it was the Dixie Chicks.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:29 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
I really have no interest in her music of any kind, but I am not surprised that she has ventured into country. I have noticed that it has become more popular lately with younger people, for some reason, perhaps a revolt against hip-hop? Naturally she is trying to make as much money as possible so spreading out to a wider audience is helping her do that. I went to a wedding last summer in the Seattle area, which is not known for country music, but the bridal party did very well coordinated line dancing and most of their music was country. Just last week I saw in the news that Star 101.5 FM radio, which has been "Hot Adult Contemporary" for 30 years has changed to country music. It's now Hank FM, which operates under the banner “Real Country… Real Variety.”

Old 04-03-2024, 10:01 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
She isn't that good. I really don't see the appeal

Old 04-03-2024, 11:44 AM

690 posts, read 1,006,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
So do we have some Beyhive stans in here? I am blown away with celebrity worship, I will never get it. At least when people are adults.
Hating is a negative form of worship. I see it all the same still giving the celebrity the attention and time out of people's life to search her name and write a comment. And as an adult that is even worse I would think.

Last edited by Northernest Southernest C; 04-03-2024 at 11:56 AM..

Old 04-03-2024, 11:53 AM

1,852 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernest Southernest C View Post
Hating is a negative form of worship.

People who practice it are black holes of negativity in general, I've found.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:02 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,252 times
I'm giving Beyonce credit for exploring new genres, she definitely will get my respect for that. Having said that, I never liked her style as a singer (including Destiny's Child), to me it's her almost whiny singing voice that doesn't do it for me. Mad respect for her talents, but I can't stand listening to her. Having said all of that, out of curiosity I sampled a few numbers but I stand by my opinion that I can't stand her voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music