Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:01 AM

18,126 posts, read 11,764,445 times

Advertisements

Stopping by, very nice thread Everyone!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 AM

158 posts, read 515,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Allright even though it's still dark outside i thrive in the sunrise and not the sunset and cain't wait until go to the gym around 5.00 A.M. to workout and see the sunrise after i'm done so here's my morning theme song . (No it's not heavy metal ...lol.)

YouTube - Daybreak - Barry Manilow
[notes that Mr. MMC (formerly Mam) was called away to the real last night and does not know when he'll get back to the thread. Another late night call.... ooopps, well, I'll stop right there ~feels pleased in being discreet~.]

~sees Mr. 6 FOOT 3 in a nearby clearing, smiles, reaches into a pocket and excitedly takes out a white cotton hanky edged with delicate lace and begins waving it, jumps up and down~ calling out "hello, 6 FOOT 3, Sir!"

~Mr. 6 FOOT 3 is doing manly things that men do in gyms, lifting heavy objects--do they lift rocks and things?--not sure, but knows that they are working on keeping healthy. Thinks about the important role of food in helping Mr. 6 FOOT 3 stay fit. This leads to thoughts about which vegetables to plant and seedlings started in milk cartons~

~Reaches for a basket of string beans and begins to hear music and Barry Manilow's voice ... feels self enter a space controlled by emotions ... wishes ... dreams of past ...present ... future, where time is suspended and two minutes can be experienced as two days, two years, or two centuries.~

Barry Manilow - Daybreak

YouTube - Daybreak - Barry Manilow

Timelessness starts~~~~~The piano, bells, and violins, bring the feeling of pleasant anticipation in the early morning ... driving a car, with no roof, down a West Coast highway (and I don't know how to drive! ~giggles~) ... there is a feeling of optimism and joy ... the rhythm is upbeat and the background vocals bring the sensation of wind blowing through my hair ~~a delicious pleasure since hair is always kept up and covered even symbolically~~ ... the clarity of Barry Manilow's voice brings images of a clear, crisp blue sky, his warm tone reflected by the sun ... with light harmonies and tambourines, I find myself on a beach joyfully twirling around~~~~~

~~~~As the power of vocals and the energy of the instruments build, so does my soaring heart... on everyone singing... images of a crowded beach with happy smiling people appear ... the sun radiates the warmth that I feel the warmth of good will within me and there is a wonderful, scented breeze... a feeling of oneness with all these happy hearts permeates the atmosphere ... With the lyrics, "Let it shine, shine, shine, all around the World," I begin to run along the water's edge, as free as a child's unbridled laughter, feeling the damp sand give way beneath my bare feet, the warmth of the sun, and the refreshing wind on my face, heart exhilarated ~~~~~Timelessness ends

~The flapping wings of a bird fades the scene, bringing me back to consciousness~ ~ slightly lightheaded and heart washed with contentment, fingertips touch the wooden slat basket of string beans~ ... what a beautiful song! ... looks over at Mr. 6 FOOT 3 as he concentrates on his manly activities ~smiles gently~ ... gazes up at the sky and sun ... grateful for the beauty and tranquility ... feels the pull of tasks to be attended to ... thoughts of the day's menu return as we gather to discuss plans~

Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWd3skb-Rw

Peter, Paul & Mary Live - Puff the Magic Dragon

YouTube - Puff the Magic Dragon - Peter Paul & Mary Live

Cat Stevens - Peace Train

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sjSHazjrWg

Last edited by Cellie; 02-16-2009 at 09:54 AM..

Old 02-16-2009, 12:28 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,336,594 times
(have only moments free... love you all!)

::lifts heavy sledgehammer... hears africans singing.. take me home again... humpt(sound of sledgehammer pound)... hears swedes singing... take me home again... humpt.... hears native americans.... take me home again.... humpt.... hears south americans, central americans, asians, arabs, all religions, every so-called primitive cultural people.... take me home again.... humpt.... lifts sledgehammer then notices the men around have stopped working.... eyes follow theirs...::

Peace Train by Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens)

YouTube - Peace Train by Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens)

::rounding the bend is an older Cat Stevens... he's Yusuf Islam now... singing a song full of experiences... with a huge group of people... they approach us with smiles and nods of greeting as they sing... newly arrived remove shirts, some take up hammers... one reaches for the sledgehammer in my hands... men around me join in the song..... am asked to say a few words...::

:: swallows... walks within waves of tonality... vibrations from their guts and hearts... men's voices transforming space... steps on an old box where Grandpa Moses sat... speaks from heart::

"Welcome All... nay be of a heavy heart here... this place is a place of your wishes and dreams... some enjoy the city and so create please for us a thoroughfare full of international restaurants... opera houses... taverns... gardens... water parks... anything that brings joy...

Some prefer private spaces... or living in orchards... a teepee... simple houseboat .... a yacht... mansion... a palace... or a log cabin on a mountaintop... a different period in history... Rome.. Egypt... bring that too!

What is being created here is a community space for all of us... you can do anything you want... never drove a bulldozer? No problem!! Drive one anyway and tell us what music are you listening to! Never drove a team of horses but want to clear the land?... pick a horse and start... Bring back a favorite dog... cat...gerbil... bird... and live again in love! ...show us the music that lifts your heart!

Plan a vineyard... anything ... a library... a university... a little schoolhouse... whatever and everything that would be required for your happiness!... .. No matter how complex or simple... it all will reflect your need and your love... Thank you All.... "

::realizes he forgot to put on his overshirt and is standing there bare-chested and sweaty... flushes a bit as the singing gets louder... then laughs at himself and states...shrugging::

I'm guessing having no shirt on is okay with you!!! ...::: to a roar of laughter from the men::::

::steps off the wooden box... singing and clapping an increased tempo to Peace Train... bringing the song back to its idealistic days of youth...::

Cat Stevens - Peace Train

YouTube - Cat Stevens - Peace Train (live)

:: reaches for a struggling older man's sledgehammer... still singing and smiles as the man thrusts the handle into my hands with relief, stating:.. whew... this is a young man's work! Give me a hammer and nails boys!

if i had a hammer - peter paul and mary

YouTube - if i had a hammer - peter paul and mary

:: chuckles at the older man's statement... sees John Lee Hooker coming up the road and cupping hand to mouth hollars :: John play me a tune when they finish with the hammer song!

:: smiles as John laughs in agreement and comes by me dragging a chair... a young boy sees and helps him ...John sits, straps on his guitar as I take a wide stance...::

:: turns my attention back to the task.... grips the handle tightly... spreads knees, pushes forward...twists slightly lifting sledgehammer high above head... brings it down strong and sure... humpt! ... drives stake cleanly into the earth...Freedom I say!!!::

John Lee Hooker: Boom boom

YouTube - John Lee Hooker: Boom boom

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-16-2009 at 01:34 PM..

Old 02-16-2009, 06:08 PM

27,357 posts, read 27,409,204 times
Im not quite sure the concept of the question but here goes my answer.
With feeling, I listen intently to the soothing voice of Brett Micheals doing ANY of his songs, old or new. Theres also the sensual voice of Jon Bon Jovi in 'Runaway'. Gawd I would drop almost anything Im doing when either of them come on the radio!

Old 02-16-2009, 06:40 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,013,833 times

YouTube - Don Henley - The Last Worthless Evening (Video)

Still waiting for someone to come along and sing this to me. It's been over 30 years, I don't think that's going to happen in this lifetime.

Love the thread concept.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:43 PM

John Lee Hooker - Tupelo

YouTube - Tupelo by John Lee Hooker

::John talks, sings and strums Tupelo... beads of sweat stinging... catches out of the corner of my eye... a darling with a basket... swings sledgehammer harder... sees her sitting... facing my direction!... gives head a vicious shake to spray off sweat... stops and sees John is in the groove... good... doesn't need me any more...

sledgehammer thuds down... quickly tries to decide best view, all in the space of lifting an arm to wipe sweaty brow... dig in back pocket for a hankie and wipes eyes while moving my back to the sun ...

Luther Vandross & Cheryl Lynn - If this World Were Mine

YouTube - IF THIS WORLD WERE MINE/LUTHER VANDROSS

Excellent... can see her without drawing attention... hmmm position of neck would give me away... steps to the side... check to see if I can see her from the corner of my eye... yes! better position... scan casually around me... no one is noticing anything... lifts sledgehammer high... eyeing Ms. Cellie... glance to see if aim would hit the stake... I think so... let it fall, as a side glance fully takes her in... delicate hands... so quick and sure as she snap and string the... ::

"What the devil are ya aiming at son?"

::Mr. John looking at me incrediously... turning (OH GOD) fully in his seat toward Ms. Cellie then back to me.. dangit... how did I end up about 3 feet from where I should have been standing!... muttering...::
"nothing..."

::John howls with laughter slapping his knee, remarking:: "Nuthin is mighty pretty too... maybe I'll write a song about a girl named Nuthin..."

::inwardly cringes... sees John is just getting started... drops sledgehammer right then and there... quickly strides up to him, stops... then firmly yet gently help him OUTTA his chair amidst sudden protestations... one hand, swings chair onto back while other hand leads Mr. John in the direction of other elders shooting the breeze, nodding ... ::

"Mr. John you just do that... right here in the shade where its cooler..." ::drops John's chair in a circle of other older musicians... tuning up for some kinda shindig..::

"Boy I got your Nuthin right here with..." ::walks back to job... shouting behind me :: "Very Good Mr. John... you just stay right there outta the sun... "Outta ya way is more like it.." .. Mr. John shouts as I wave him off... glancing to see if she noticed anything unusual... such beautiful hands...

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Your Precious Love -1967

YouTube - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Your Precious Love

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-16-2009 at 07:58 PM..

Old 02-16-2009, 08:32 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,064,044 times
Just a mellow snuggling half-moon relaxing evening...

YouTube - Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love

YouTube - Extreme - "More than Words"

YouTube - April Wine - Just Between You And Me (Stereo)

YouTube - "Mainstreet" by Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band

YouTube - Michael Stanley Band - "Rosewood Bitters"

ps: 6 FOOT 3 - lol, the commentary is for those w/ the ability and/or desire to put such down here... add some richness to our musical enjoyment.
me, I ain't much on writing myself, just wanted a home here for those silly folks to feel warmly welcomed in doing such

Old 02-16-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Just a mellow snuggling half-moon relaxing evening...

YouTube - Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love

YouTube - Extreme - "More than Words"

YouTube - April Wine - Just Between You And Me (Stereo)

YouTube - "Mainstreet" by Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band

YouTube - Michael Stanley Band - "Rosewood Bitters"

ps: 6 FOOT 3 - lol, the commentary is for those w/ the ability and/or desire to put such down here... add some richness to our musical enjoyment.
me, I ain't much on writing myself, just wanted a home here for those silly folks to feel warmly welcomed in doing such
p.s LOL! isn't ShadowCaver Grand AND Wise!!! ::Huge Smile! :: We are lucky to have such a great one with the wisdom of the universe among us! We do need a place of laughter, true feelings, silliness, and song! LOL This place is magic... I found myself less bothered today with things no matter how crazy horrible or stupid... my mind was here... at times chuckling in remembrances and didn't mind having to work even...

SC ... I believe you are teaching me how to dream again... :-) Either way, Thank you Sir for your care. :: smiling, giving a deep respectful bow to the Master/Creator of the Thread::

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-16-2009 at 09:10 PM..

Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,417,257 times
MadAtMcCain~ I see you're back! How is the construction coming?

I'm listening to:
YouTube - Breaking Benjamin - Breath OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

This is an anti-love night, lol.

:-)

Old 02-16-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
MadAtMcCain~ I see you're back! How is the construction coming?

I'm listening to:

This is an anti-love night, lol.

:-)

p.s. (using p.s. like SC to show am commenting and not formally posting my own... Construction inspires me like nothing else... lol ... I love watching things being created... and now you... anti-love?) Okay Mother Wisdom... ::Eyes smiling::

... maybe you better write about how you feel about the song... has it been your experience that it's true... where is it not true... do you believe love is possible... does the idea of hurt being a part of love swears you offa love... I wanna know what you think... because you are wise from your own experiences... sooo....

:: spins your record and sits to hear your thoughts:: Tell Me what you think and feel.... I have about 20 mins left... so... ::smile::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music