Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,414,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post

... maybe you better write about how you feel about the song... has it been your experience that it's true... where is it not true... do you believe love is possible... does the idea of hurt being a part of love swears you offa love... I wanna know what you think... because you are wise from your own experiences... sooo....

YouTube - Breaking Benjamin - Breath OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

:: spins your record and sits to hear your thoughts:: Tell Me what you think and feel.... I have about 20 mins left... so... ::smile::
Wow.. you've kinda put me on the spot, lol. I don't really know what to say. Hmmm.. I think (for me) sometimes love sucks and sometimes love is rather nice.
Lol.. not what you're looking for. Let me think.

Ok.. well I suppose I should start with the song.

I think this song is about someone realizing that the person they were in love with kind of disgusts them now.. that there are aspects to their personality that are totally repulsive. Have I been there before? Lol.. yes.

But like many songs.. I think that it covers a span of time for the relationship.
At first, I think the singer realizes it's pointless and is looking for affirmation from his/her partner. Then, the partner doesn't want to face the singer about what has transpired. I think after that the singer is telling the partner to fix their f-ups and he/she will take them back. And eventually.. the singer is just saying I can't take you anymore.. leave me alone because the contempt I feel for you will destroy you if you stick around.

I can sympathize.. but you know what.. that's my take on the song. Maybe someone else hears another thing.

Last edited by FlaGrrrl; 02-16-2009 at 09:21 PM..

Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,334,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Wow.. you've kinda put me on the spot, lol. I don't really know what to say. Hmmm.. I think (for me) sometimes love sucks and sometimes love is rather nice. Lol.. not what you're looking for. Let me think.
:: scoots quickly closer puts out a hand as if to ward off any discomfort :: "Forgive Me Lady.. I forget at times... let Me explain. In My sub-culture all we have is thoughts, feelings, comtemplations, discussions, storytelling etc since there is no tv... and emphasis is so naturally emotional honesty that we don't give it a sec thought..

Please... forgive Me for creating sstress upon you... :: Eyes sincere :: ... hears you explain ... is relieved and happy... listens...

::encouraging smile... sees time is up... rises and with a bow, waves :: Thank you for sharing! :-) I liked your anti-love song lol

Breaking Benjamin - Breath OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

YouTube - Breaking Benjamin - Breath OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

And now for a sappy kissy poo song for balance!!! :: comes back ... takes FlaGrrrl hand and twirls her once before letting her hand go ... bows smiling... waves and is gone :: :-)

Doris Day - Que Sera Sera

YouTube - Doris Day - Que Sera Sera

Old 02-16-2009, 10:19 PM

3,087 posts, read 1,075,912 times
I remember listening to Roy over 25 years ago, kind of forgot about him. If your into guitars at all, he was something special. Check out this version of Hey Joe

Roy Buchanan - Live From Austin Texas

Monday night and I got the blues......

Roy Buchanan - My Soul Went Down Last Friday/Roy's Blues

Had to do just one more

YouTube - Roy Buchanan - Blues Shuffle (Instrumental)

Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,414,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyedjack View Post
I remember listening to Roy over 25 years ago, kind of forgot about him. If your into guitars at all, he was something special. Check out this version of Hey Joe

Roy Buchanan - Live From Austin Texas

Monday night and I got the blues......

Roy Buchanan - My Soul Went Down Last Friday/Roy's Blues

Had to do just one more

YouTube - Roy Buchanan - Blues Shuffle (Instrumental)
Wow! I wish I could express myself like that- he's one lucky dude!
In 'Hey, Joe' Roy is soo flip with his lyrics but I guess the guitar speaks for him, lol. 'Hey, Joe' is a fav of mine (anyway) with Jimi.. very nice.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:40 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
I'm listening to A view to a kill by Duran Duran. I'm on big duran duran withdrawal since they're currently recording and won't tour for another year or so. I can't wait till they start touring again. Their after-parties are always awesome.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellie View Post
... is doing manly things that men do in gyms, lifting heavy objects--do they lift rocks and things?--not sure, but knows that they are working on keeping healthy.
:: smiles gently at Ms. Cellie and explains... also to many lurking folks on rumspringa, from insolated sub-cultures or newly arrivals to the United States ::

since this is not, in America, a dominant agricultural society.. people need ways to keep their bodies in shape. If you have lived in a farming community you have no need for something called a gym... the farm work keeps you active for both men and women. Other lifestyles need a substitute ... and many find this in running as you may have noticed on the streets... or they go to a "gym". (This might look very strange to you but remember, not everyone come from farm living or a rural setting.)

The gym has several different type of equipment to keep the body tone and good working order. (There are no rocks, heavy boulders, boxes, or logs to lift as in farming at times.) There are classes you can take which are like dances learned by imitating the instructor. Music is played and you move to the beat of the song played....

Some examples of activites... know you can go to a gym and ask to be given a free tour where this is explained in more detail. Let's listen to some music while you take a peek at some exercises. :-)

We are family - Spice Girls

YouTube - We are family -Spice Girls

How to Use Gym Exercise Machines : Using the Lat Pull-Down Exercise Machine

YouTube - How to Use Gym Exercise Machines : Using the Lat Pull-Down Exercise Machine at the Gym

Using the Triceps Extension Exercise Machine

YouTube - How to Use Gym Exercise Machines : Using the Triceps Extension Exercise Machine at the Gym

Other suggestions to visit: an art gallery, a university campus, a big museum (art, science), a folk, ballet dance etc and or a off-broadway play, a tour of major landmarks in the city you find yourself, a popular restaurant to get you started. Do NOT think your only choices are drugs and sex parties. If you need help, write me a dm here. I WILL assist and understand with no silly questions as to why you don't know this etc.

Now lecture over... lets play music! :-)

We Are One In The Spirit

YouTube - We Are One In The Spirit

We Are The World

YouTube - we are the world

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-17-2009 at 02:43 AM..

Old 02-17-2009, 04:15 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
[/url]

ps: 6 FOOT 3 - lol, the commentary is for those w/ the ability and/or desire to put such down here... add some richness to our musical enjoyment.
me, I ain't much on writing myself, just wanted a home here for those silly folks to feel warmly welcomed in doing such
I dig what your saying Shadow .

My feeling for this morning at 4.10 a.m. right now is ''i could happy'' back in bed sleeping instead of going to the gym at 5.00 a.m. so what better song for that feeling than by Altered Images.....I Could Be Happy .

YouTube - Altered Images "I Could Be Happy"

Old 02-17-2009, 10:23 AM

Blank & Jones - Fallen (Delerium & Rani)

YouTube - Blank & Jones - Fallen (Delerium & Rani)

William Warfield - Old Man River

YouTube - Best Version of Old Man River - William Warfield

:: hears name called and strides to design table pushing back hardhat... takes a look at planning... sees accountability for waste, water, resources, energy and air emissions... hmmmm... no undue problems to environment, good... including construction phase... or problems to surrounding communities... checks documentations of materials and find them in order... looks for listings of imported materials... checks for instruments that would monitor air control in air-conditioned rooms...

Delerium - Fallen Icons

YouTube - Delerium - Fallen Icons

Asks about structural plans regarding in-house services... (tech management systems, sustainable products used, etc)... reams of rolled plans are laid out... more specific revealings... removes gloves... squints at writing... everything disappears... mind opens up like a huge movie screen... sees the skeletal frame... the wiring... the rooms... slowly building as dirty fingernail traces each line and interconnected... uh oh ... states matter of factly::

We Don't Need No Education

"Do not substitute anything. Sustainability must not be affected. Take this, this and this out and replace it with natural materials. No fillers, glues, recycled steel, or non-certified timber because of water run-off. Polluting surrounding environment must be kept at a minimum, people...

In fact from now on... any substitution is forbidden unless okayed by me first. I am now head of this submittal process since... several no-nos got thru."

:: scratches out the offending low cost low quality subs, can smell a Globalist from a mustard seed... no substitutes here all right... pen-in what's appropriate, continues:: "... this low quality stuff only complicates our energy management... use horse teams in the southwest area... "

Bells Nobleness of Marin

YouTube - bells nobleness of Marin

: points in that direction:: "...to minimize electromagnetic sparking... and interference with local broadcasts... and please set up an electrical grid for site tools to be used during the heaviest construction phrase... also a team of men to prepare for concrete mixing etc so set up a working design and implementation of it starting late noon... anything else Gentlemen? "

Showboat (1936) - Part 3 of 18

YouTube - Showboat (1936) - Part 3 of 18

:: assured everything will be fine... turns and shakes hands with each person there, a sincere smile given... thanking them for their contribution to the whole... then pulling gloves over large hands, secures hardhat... walks back to original task... gonna swing that sledgehammer for Freedom!::

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-17-2009 at 10:39 AM..

Old 02-17-2009, 11:43 AM

158 posts, read 515,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
:: smiles gently at Ms. Cellie and explains... also to many lurking folks on rumspringa, from insolated sub-cultures or new arrivals to the United States ::

If you have lived in a farming community ... you have no need for something called a gym... the farm work keeps you active for both men and women....

The gym has several different type of equipment to keep the body toned and in good working order. (There are no rocks, heavy boulders, boxes, or logs to lift as in farming at times.) ....

Other suggestions to visit: an art gallery, a university campus, a big museum (art, science), a folk, ballet dance etc and or an off-broadway play, a tour of major landmarks in the city you find yourself, a popular restaurant to get you started. Do NOT think your only choices are drugs and sex parties. If you need help, write me a dm here. I WILL assist and understand with no silly questions as to why you don't know this etc.

We Are One In The Spirit

We Are The World

~examines the gym tapes and is so surprised!~ it was nothing like my imagination ~quickly looks over at Mr. MMC... blushes, looks down, voice soft~

We Are One In The Spirit

...a part of me is mortified at a blunder everyone knew of but me and yet, Sir... ~eyes brimming~ ...You were gentle in explanation and spoke as if it was the most natural thing in the world for me to have not known.... i know there are others who never speak but try to read... and there is one, a woman, who has privately offered assistance to me through dm and i am grateful to her.

We Are The World

i was very happy with the music and hoped others could be happy with me. i was happy in my imagination with the song of the morn from Mr. 6 FOOT 3. i was happy in saying hello... but now maybe such songs are best enjoyed from a different perspective.

~gazes at the clouds... then having come to some conclusions, stands and quickly brushes away tears, offering Mr. MMC a genuine smile~

~slightly struggles with words and phrases, thoughts and feelings as i listen to We Are the World... confusion storms across features~ should i be more English now or should i be me? should i practice to be a modern girl and learn discretion more fully even in this realm of thread? should i not ask a question out loud, as i naturally would have among my own, and only post it in a dm?...

~becomes distracted by a beautiful, beautiful butterfly!~

We Are the World is making butterflies--the song makes butterflies! ~laughs suddenly as i see butterflies gathering around the imprint of Mr. MMC's footsteps in the dirt leading places ... mouth opens in awe and suddenly happy again .... runs over to Him and whispers~ Sir, would You like to soak Your feet so that i may clean Your shoes?

~and starts singing ~

~We are the wooorrrllddd... we are the children...
there comes a time... when we hear a certain call
when the world must come together
as one...~

~realizes that she hasn't prepared any water for him to soak his feet in ....announces as she runs for water that's been perfumed with flower petals in the sun... takes hold of it and special linen that is there and goes as fast as she can back to Mr. MMC praying to not spill anything and avoiding all shadows from trees so that it will not cool~ realizes He didn't say yes... oh my, what am i going to do? ~eyes see such pretty butterflies though~ ... and His shoes do need to be cleaned...

Old 02-17-2009, 11:49 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
what songs are there for "(I dont want you back but) It bothers me that that you've fallen for someone else"?

or..."I have to move on with my life"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music