Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 03:52 PM

372 posts, read 594,604 times

Advertisements

^^ You need to have an agent with a large firm. The agency will share their listing with each other first hoping for an in house buyer to keep all of the commission within the firm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 08:33 PM

3 posts, read 2,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBound? View Post
No uptick that I've seen yet, in fact it seems to have slowed down, at least where I'm looking.
Gross MLS inventory is improving Jan-Feb we were down about 9% vs last year. March cut that to about 5%.

Certain areas are tight E Nashville, is crazy we bid property couple of days ago 98% to list, cash offer, AS-IS, quick close and got beat out by large margin. Somebody went way over list like 10-20k.

Vandy area is going to be tight till later summer fall because intern and other grad programs are turning over. There are still deals there just need to be quick on your feet.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:58 PM

362 posts, read 646,412 times
So what the situation now? How's inventory? How are sales?
It seems sales in the $300,000-$400,000 are good. Sales in $400,000-$500,000 are slow moving and sale above from $500,000-$800,000 are steady.

Input?

Old 05-09-2014, 01:09 PM

107 posts, read 186,521 times
I'd say everyone is too busy right now to respond.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:38 PM

78 posts, read 113,786 times
Mi shots,
Have you found anything yet?

Old 05-09-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bab123 View Post
Mi shots,
Have you found anything yet?
Still open and looking. I've found some nice properties. Only a couple that have motivated me to bid.

I know everyone here is making claims that properties are selling fast. I've seen a few select properties that have gone pending in one day. But I'm Not buying that everything is moving fast. I'm seeing houses sit. I refuse to pay asking. I might consider paying asking if a house is priced right and it's not involved in a bid war.

I'd rather wait and see. As it is I am starting to see some price reductions but they are on homes I no longer consider desirable. It's definitely good being here and shopping in the neighborhoods and visiting the subdivision often. I have really narrowed down the areas I desire and would like to purchase in.

Maybe I'm just a tough, stubborn yankee😛😜

Old 05-09-2014, 03:52 PM

78 posts, read 113,786 times
I am glad you are getting a better feel for the subdivision. As we talk about when and how we will buy a house in Nashville, we have decided we may end up renting for a few months as well. Hoping to put the house on the market by early July. We figure if we come down to Nashville for a week in the summer, how likely is it that a house we want will be available? We also have talked about building.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bab123 View Post
I am glad you are getting a better feel for the subdivision. As we talk about when and how we will buy a house in Nashville, we have decided we may end up renting for a few months as well. Hoping to put the house on the market by early July. We figure if we come down to Nashville for a week in the summer, how likely is it that a house we want will be available? We also have talked about building.
Well, I would just offer this bit of advice so anyone who might consider building.

Had we gone that route when we came down our first couple of times, it would have been done by the time we moved down here.

I really do not like living in an apartment with 98% of our belongings in storage. Never again.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:54 AM

42 posts, read 61,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi shots View Post
Still open and looking. I've found some nice properties. Only a couple that have motivated me to bid. I know everyone here is making claims that properties are selling fast. I've seen a few select properties that have gone pending in one day. But I'm Not buying that everything is moving fast. I'm seeing houses sit. I refuse to pay asking. I might consider paying asking if a house is priced right and it's not involved in a bid war. Maybe I'm just a tough, stubborn yankee😛😜

Well to give you some perspective. I put my house on the market on 3/15 I had a contract a week and a half later. No they did not pay asking price, but I was very happy with what I received. The house I bought was on the market for 2 days, and I was the first person to see it.

In middle Tennessee a lot of speculators are buying up all of the 1 story houses with a bonus room, preparing to resell them to the baby boomers as they downsize. I have one group of friends that are presently renting out 9 of them. If you see something you like put a bid on it.

ok one last thing, this is the website you want to use if looking for a house. RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Property Finder Trulia and the rest of them lag a week or so behind.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:47 AM

192 posts, read 258,322 times
Welcome to the red hot Nashville real estate market. There is basically no inventory. I want to relocate within the area, and it's not going to happen, the competition is just to stiff. If it's been lingering, it has issues or full renovations, which are impossible for an ordinary citizen to get done. The only option is a new build in a subdivision. I found one I might have bought; it was long sold.
I bought in 2005 under 200k in Hillsboro area. I have an unregulated lot in the Hysteric area. I'll sell for 2 million. No I'm not kidding. A teenie, tiny lot near Vandy with no Historic regulations. They knock on my door, send postcards, ask me to lunch. It screams luxury condos. I'm waiting for some developer to show up with a check. In the meantime I have no idea what city I will try next. Inside the core of Nashville is so hot, you could ask anything in some key areas, and some rock star will pay it. It's New York or Atlanta in 1985 all over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville