Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 07:55 AM

179 posts, read 466,206 times

Advertisements

OK you screwed up, if not you, the system, you have to go to court, don't go to court with out an attorney..... If you can't afford one , get a public defender or one appointed by the court, follow his advice.....now this is my advice when you appear in front of the judge, make sure you are dressed nice, groomed nice etc. and by all means be respect full to the judge.. you can say you are remorse-full and will make full restitution also you may have to do community service. This is all Free advice, which I have taken My Time to give you. Good Luck !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 AM

88,689 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Remember plenty of people get DWI's by going to sleep in the back seat of a parked car. This is NJ, what do you think you're in America?
LOL.

But, do they? I would fight that in court. Not that I'm in that position or plan to be these days.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Well, I was planning to point out that it is unlikely that someone who is barely literate in the English language could actually have graduated with a law degree, but when I have done things like that in the past, I have been accused of being overly pedantic and insensitive. Memories of those allegations do restrain me--sometimes--from pointing out the obvious, so I did not comment on the...unique...spelling.

Someone else speculated that this self-appointed legal expert may actually be the OP. While their literacy levels are similar, I don't think that this is a real indication of them being the same person. As I'm sure you have noticed in most online forums, there is no shortage of semi-literate folks nowadays. And, as the OP's own words help to prove, there is also no shortage of people who fail to accept responsibility for their own actions.
I don't know, Retriever. You would think so, but I work with documents and lawyers, and over the past few years, I'm seeing less and less of a grasp on spelling and grammar in the younger crop of attorneys coming in.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:02 AM

20,358 posts, read 19,969,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
let me get this straight:

1) this isn't the first time you've crossed without paying, and you're upset that now you may actually have to pay because you're a guy

2) you're pissed because you got a ticket for having a suspended license and driving on said suspended license that you didn't know about. and you want to LIE about your circumstances (hypothetical friend) to get out of it.

3) knowing you had a suspended license, you didn't do the due diligence to find out WHY your license was suspended, but you again drove.

4) now, getting pulled over again and getting 2 tickets and the COP (whom I'm sure knows you got pulled over and ticketed 2 weeks ago) is the jackass?

Lord, please let me raise my children to have more of a sense of responsibility. <prayer icon>

eta - i was typing this post when tom's replies came in. i was your age and had more responsibility in my pinky. i can certainly lend a hand and give advice...and that advice is...PAY YOUR BILLS.
Amen!!! My son may be getting his license when he turns 17 next month. If I found out he'd he posted this, forget the state, I'd keep him off the roads till he grew a set.

OP, grow up, be man or take public transportation.

And please, don't take anyone's advice on how you might continue to be irresponsible by lying to the courts. That's horrible advice and just plain low-rent.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
amen!!! My son may be getting his license when he turns 17 next month. If i found out he'd he posted this, forget the state, i'd keep him off the roads till he grew a set.

Op, grow up, be man or take public transportation.

And please, don't take anyone's advice on how you might continue to be irresponsible by lying to the courts. That's horrible advice and just plain low-rent.
lol

Old 03-17-2012, 07:30 PM

10,224 posts, read 19,248,769 times
Normally I'd side with the driver, but in this case I have to wonder how many other tickets the OP got (and ignored) to get his license suspended.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Normally I'd side with the driver, but in this case I have to wonder how many other tickets the OP got (and ignored) to get his license suspended.
He never responded to the question of why his license was suspended.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:06 PM

208 posts, read 318,667 times
He got busted for driving on a suspended license, and then got busted a few days later. Obviously not too bright. We can give all the advice in the world, but we can't fix stupid.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:09 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,989,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_atkisson View Post
its suspended for not paying 30$ on a surcharge that i had lost track of not for hurting anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
He never responded to the question of why his license was suspended.
To be fair, he did say why.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
To be fair, he did say why.
I must have missed that, thanks. Will go back. Huh, and I thought I'd read every post on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: