Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 02:02 PM

29 posts, read 26,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel83 View Post
Thanks a lot!

I will definitely update my school list with this info.
You wont believe I am maintaining an excel file wid names of schools, tution, before & after care time and ratings

Really appreciate your inputs!

Hi angel83 - I was going through the forums and found this post helpful, as I am looking for admission for my son. All the responses in the forum were very informative.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to get into public schools and OLC, due to the cut off date being Oct 1 and he was born in the second week of Oct.

Based on your research which Catholic school did you think was the best and most rated? We have heard mixed reviews about Hoboken Catholic School. Can you provide any insight based on your research?

Thanks a ton in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM

1 posts
It is now 2024 and I find myself in your shoes angel83. Did you eventually send your kid to OLC? What’s your summarized take? Did the school live up to your expectations?

Old Today, 07:06 AM

19,142 posts, read 25,360,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvsantosh View Post
It is now 2024 and I find myself in your shoes angel83. Did you eventually send your kid to OLC? What’s your summarized take? Did the school live up to your expectations?
Angel83 hasn't posted anything in this forum for 7 1/2 years, so I think that the likelihood of him/her seeing your post is... not good. You would be much better-served by creating your own new thread to ask whatever questions you may have.

Old Today, 10:20 AM

5 posts, read 4,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvsantosh View Post
It's not worth it to send your kid from a different religion or even from an atheist family to a religious school. There will be a lot of cognitive dissonance on the poor kid and you are better off in a public school.

even if you are not religious or do not care about religion, much of the people in catholic schools per se want the school to actively inculcate catholic values in their kids and it will be too much for your kid to reconcile at a young age.

Old Today, 10:41 AM

10,504 posts, read 7,031,361 times
Many Catholic schools fill up quickly, so its better to get them registered sooner then later. I went to Catholic school, even though my family was not Catholic. I learned a lot, and would ask my parents to do it again. When we have kids, ill likely send my kids to a Catholic School.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey