Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 07:41 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,594,813 times

Advertisements

In reality while there are drivers out there who need to slow down to a reasonable speed it's usually the new drivers that get into accidents.

Otherwise the State Fuzzolini, and we LUUUV EM ALL, have NO business to do with cars. We never voted on that And yep I have friends who are troopers etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 04:47 AM

7,379 posts, read 3,536,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Its just a money grab.. complete scumbags.
same thing with click it or ticket or any other “safety campaign”. it’s all about the revenue they will bring in. and who does that hurt most?

Old 07-17-2022, 11:09 AM

8 posts, read 3,546 times
How about they crack down on defaced plates? If someone goes through the trouble of permanently defacing their plate, it can only mean they’re up to no good

Old 07-18-2022, 08:44 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Wish they’d go after the left lane drivers too.
hate it when the left lane drivers, doing 5 over,prevent the cars doing 20+ over, uninterrupted excessive high speed.

define speeding.... as posted, 5 over???? would require consistency, otherwise subjective law enforcement promoting bias.

state would make light years more money if it enforced complete stops at stop signs.

bad driving manners the problem these days along with diverted attention.

yesterday 15 mile trip, guy blows thru stop sign, another pulls out on front of another car..on and on.. road safety plummeted in NJ and cops forced by pols to focus on speeders. For decades the state made drivers think there was an allowable speed over the limit before they would pounce. Lulled into a false sense of security, drivers are now easy pickings for dubious traffic enforcement. Just wait for those 26 in a 25 zone tickets are handed out and insurance rates and lawyer fees soar.

Pile on extreme gas prices, inflation and the state sees fit to pile on.

how about quadrupling fines for driving while impaired, pot, drugs, alcohol.

Old 07-18-2022, 10:32 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
hate it when the left lane drivers, doing 5 over,prevent the cars doing 20+ over, uninterrupted excessive high speed.

define speeding.... as posted, 5 over???? would require consistency, otherwise subjective law enforcement promoting bias.

state would make light years more money if it enforced complete stops at stop signs.

bad driving manners the problem these days along with diverted attention.

yesterday 15 mile trip, guy blows thru stop sign, another pulls out on front of another car..on and on.. road safety plummeted in NJ and cops forced by pols to focus on speeders. For decades the state made drivers think there was an allowable speed over the limit before they would pounce. Lulled into a false sense of security, drivers are now easy pickings for dubious traffic enforcement. Just wait for those 26 in a 25 zone tickets are handed out and insurance rates and lawyer fees soar.

Pile on extreme gas prices, inflation and the state sees fit to pile on.

how about quadrupling fines for driving while impaired, pot, drugs, alcohol.
Regarding the bolded, I feel the same about people not coming to a full stop before right turn on red. You're supposed to come to a stop, then pull out if no one is coming, but many people just turn right in front of people. If the person you pulled out in front of needs to immediately apply their brakes, you should have waited.

The fines for driving impaired are already thousands of dollars.

Old 07-18-2022, 11:13 AM

26 posts, read 36,032 times
Dumb.

Old 07-18-2022, 11:16 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
My pet peeve as a cop and civilian has always been the lack of blinker usage.

An intersection by my house is very dependent upon blinker usage. It dictates how one positions their car while waiting to turn onto my block. All too frequently, on other side, someone will fail to use their blinker, causing a jam up where two cars block each other. It’s maddening.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-18-2022, 11:32 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,014,991 times
My pet peeve (and its been getting worse) are the drivers who pull out right in front of you and then go 20mph below the speed limit. This has probably taken at least 6 months off my life due to the stress and spike in blood pressure it causes. I could be the only car in the entire road, cruising at 60mph in a 50 and some dotard pulls right out 10ft in front of me, and then decides to go 30mph for the next 6 miles. Every single time.

Old 07-18-2022, 11:51 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,844,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Also no such thing as a part-time trooper.
This post has been going around on Facebook since at least 2010. Same category as Mr. T is dead or Drake is in jail.. people have a strange obsession with fake news.

It is the middle of the month not quite yet the end so this would be the time when you're least likely to see them.

So now I have to wonder if this is an actual story or not because we get this type of announcement every summer it seems I can tell you I haven't seen a single more police car on the highway. They have virtually went away since 2020 and I've been on the Parkway and seeing people pass them doing 85 and they just sit there so...(around Eatontown area, at that.)

Old 07-18-2022, 11:54 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,844,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
My pet peeve (and its been getting worse) are the drivers who pull out right in front of you and then go 20mph below the speed limit. This has probably taken at least 6 months off my life due to the stress and spike in blood pressure it causes. I could be the only car in the entire road, cruising at 60mph in a 50 and some dotard pulls right out 10ft in front of me, and then decides to go 30mph for the next 6 miles. Every single time.
I'd pass that person.

Rt 33? Because at least then you're talking about a one lane road...

Local cops will ticket you for anything, if they. want. To...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: