Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 11:08 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,321,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
A large swath of the population believe it was stolen, and there is plenty of credible and circumstantial evidence that supports these claims
If the party believes in this, are they doing anything to prevent it from happening again? Is there a list of things the R party or leadership has announced they are doing now, or will be doing around election time, to prevent a repeat?

I do think that the ballots arriving in the mail, voting over multiple days and in various formats are problematic. When we lived elsewhere in 2020, one of our ballots was delivered to a different address, and the resident there brought it over to us! Kids influencing their parents vote is a very easy occurrence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2023, 11:13 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,321,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The next month is going to be very interesting in NJ politics. Just about every state seat is up for election, and its going to be a very low turn out election.
Thanks for letting us know. I am guessing there is no statewide election this year?? I live in what I am guessing is a solid blue area!

I am willing to do what it takes to bring some fiscal sanity (property taxes etc) to NJ!

Old 09-29-2023, 11:17 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,471,813 times
Why was my post deleted?

I'm going to repeat. NJ Dems and Reps are slime! Slime, slime, slime!

Old 09-29-2023, 11:51 AM

10,513 posts, read 7,037,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGA View Post
If the party believes in this, are they doing anything to prevent it from happening again? Is there a list of things the R party or leadership has announced they are doing now, or will be doing around election time, to prevent a repeat?

I do think that the ballots arriving in the mail, voting over multiple days and in various formats are problematic. When we lived elsewhere in 2020, one of our ballots was delivered to a different address, and the resident there brought it over to us! Kids influencing their parents vote is a very easy occurrence.
Outside of the possibilities that the process leaves for fraudulent ballots to be cast, the messaging now from Republicans is to vote by mail. Beat them at their own game that they devised. The rules and voter ID cannot be implemented until the Republicans win.

Old 09-29-2023, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know. I am guessing there is no statewide election this year?? I live in what I am guessing is a solid blue area!

I am willing to do what it takes to bring some fiscal sanity (property taxes etc) to NJ!
Most of the state senate seats and legislative seats are up for election this year. It all is based on who turns up, some of these districts could win by just a handful of votes.

Old 09-29-2023, 12:32 PM

7,406 posts, read 3,554,248 times
state is beyond hope. just keep voting democrat and let the pieces fall where they may

Old 09-29-2023, 01:28 PM

50,897 posts, read 36,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
... and there was also "the bridge thing", but the "bridge thing" didn't produce the photo op that was enabled by our esteemed governor lounging with his family on the beach that he had closed to the mere peons of the state.

And he raised our gas tax 26 cents a gallon. Gas in NJ is getting ready to be raised again, because Christie tied gas taxes to road revenue, and must be raised to make up for any shortfall. This Sunday it will be raised due to that. Before Christie we had the cheapest gas in the nation, now we have the 7th highest in the nation.

Old 09-29-2023, 01:39 PM

Quote:

Much of this could be solved easily, if they would just make election day a national holiday. I can't vote in person without taking time off of work, because my polling place is 15 miles in one direction, and I work an hour away in the other direction. That's why I do mail-in. Lots of people have jobs where they can't leave. Most of our CNAs routinely work double shifts but also don't live near enough to work to leave and go vote and come back.

It seems stupid to me to have off for Columbus Day but not election day, possibly the most important day of the year. Maybe more people would vote if we made it easier. In 2020, 80 million eligible voters didn't vote at all.

Old 09-29-2023, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
And he raised our gas tax 26 cents a gallon. Gas in NJ is getting ready to be raised again, because Christie tied gas taxes to road revenue, and must be raised to make up for any shortfall. This Sunday it will be raised due to that. Before Christie we had the cheapest gas in the nation, now we have the 7th highest in the nation.
We need to start taxing EVs and open up more refineries in the state.

Old 09-29-2023, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Christie Todd Whitman was already our governor, remember? She quit for the EPA job.

Also cut down a few trees every year and sold firewood off her estate to qualify for the lower farm tax. Caused a bit of eyerolling at the time.

I think Chris Christie p.o.'d enough people with his cancellation of ARC, then keeping the $3 billion of PA money to use for non-related purposes, which was basically illegal. However, too many lawyers ok'd his action at the time, so it was swept under the rug.

Then there was the beach thing...

Didn't Christie Todd Whitman take millions out of the state pension fund, too? It still hasn't recovered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey