Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 06:47 PM

21,936 posts, read 13,012,431 times

Advertisements

I find it hard to believe the "diversity and inclusion" crowd would be worried about the religious right getting its feelings hurt. What am I missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2023, 07:22 PM

31,941 posts, read 27,048,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
South Orange-Maplewood School Districts told families it will not allow Halloween celebrations in the name diversity and inclusion.

"The South Orange & Maplewood School District is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion meaningfully - not just saying the words but also promoting an inclusive school community"

https://thehill.com/homenews/educati...ing-halloween/

Phil Murphy got involved on Twitter criticizing it.

The first time in my life I agree with Phil Murphy. I will say, let the towns reap what they sow voting in these extremists who run the schools. They are running on diversity and inclusion points for the school, while indoctrinating children with their anti-american secular theologies.
We're talking about South Orange-Maplewood here, local residents should neither be shocked nor surprised by this latest bit. Place long has been a bastion of liberal, progressive hippy-dippy politics and polices.

Anyone who lives there knows or should have known how things roll in Maplewood. Those that aren't with program can (and or have) moved or just consigned themselves to grumbling while realizing nothing is going to change.

Aisi sera groigne qui groigne - Let them grumble; that is how it is going to be.

Old 10-28-2023, 08:23 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,849,225 times
It's actually a pretty big safety risk with everyone dressing up and sometimes full body costumes and concealing their identity.

I was gonna be Prince again this year but I decided on.. an all red suit. Like Suge Knight. They fit strange the bottom is loose the top is a little bit tight and well I wore it to the plasma center on Friday I don't really know if I'll do anything Tuesday. It's not like I'm going to a party even though my outfit is so good I was invited when I first wore it but I had to work that night.....

Old 10-28-2023, 08:24 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,468,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Exactly who does Halloween exclude? I love this holiday!
I don't know much about this except to say that as a child who grew up next door to a Jehovah’s Witness family, the children told me (over the fence) that they were not allowed to celebrate Halloween.

Old 10-28-2023, 08:26 PM

21,936 posts, read 13,012,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I don't know much about this except to say that as a child who grew up next door to a Jehovah’s Witness family, the children told me (over the fence) that they were not allowed to celebrate Halloween.
But can you see liberals being concerned about them? Again, I can't... Maybe they're worried about offending actual witches (Wiccans).

Old 10-28-2023, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
But can you see liberals being concerned about them? Again, I can't... Maybe they're worried about offending actual witches (Wiccans).
Don't drag politics into this. There is another forum for that.

Old 10-28-2023, 08:53 PM

19,062 posts, read 13,992,119 times
Except this is purely political. And NJ. Are you in NJ?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-28-2023, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Except this is purely political.
Is it? Purely political? It's also about religion and schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
And NJ. Are you in NJ?
Are you suggesting that people who do not live in New Jersey may not lend information, as in my first post here, which was to answer sheena12's question, which was "Exactly who does Halloween exclude?..."

People from all over comment in state threads when that thread has been selected for "Active threads..." or as it now reads: "Fresh and popular discussions."

Old 10-28-2023, 10:31 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,615,881 times
Can they not repurpose this as a celebration of the harvest or of autumn, to placate those people who naively think Halloween is a religious holiday?

Old 10-29-2023, 02:09 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,687,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Can they not repurpose this as a celebration of the harvest or of autumn, to placate those people who naively think Halloween is a religious holiday?

So have the kids dress up as the Pope. THE BoE needs to stay out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey