Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2023, 01:59 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
But the drag queens and the trans want all the attention. Halloween dress up takes the attention away from them in their make believe drag costumes and make believe male to female/female to male pretend costumes.

They are waiting to push for well if you can have Halloween then we can have drag. Except Halloween is make believe and fun not serious.
WOW, an agenda having nothing to do with posted thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2023, 05:14 AM

11,350 posts, read 16,719,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
There are drag queens in elementary school?
Just the tip of the iceberg.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/11/over-2...t-nyc-schools/

Old 10-31-2023, 07:13 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,600,924 times
A lot of religious christians and muslims don't allow their kids to celebrate Halloween. But to cancel it in school is just dumb.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 10-31-2023, 08:16 AM

10,495 posts, read 7,019,483 times
A very small sect of people choose not to celebrate Halloween, but the Holiday has its roots in the Catholic Church, and fall festivals of the Scotch-Irish Americans who brought it over to America and it evolved over the last 200 years.

Halloween is as American as baseball, hotdogs and Apple Pie. South Orange/Maplewood school districts (at least the Administration) is extremely woke, Marxist and toxic. I personally believe the thought of the these people is America = Bad, its part of their woke and troublesome curriculum to remove America in their brainwashing of children.

Old 10-31-2023, 08:38 AM

20,150 posts, read 9,036,439 times
meh... citizens are reaping the rewards of those they elect to make decisions. It's called democracy. Relax and enjoy the ride.

Old 10-31-2023, 09:26 AM

335 posts, read 155,367 times
If the parents disagree, they should send their children to school in whatever costumes the kids want to wear and tell the faculty to suck it. The only people I know who have a problem with Halloween are religious nutters, and newcomers from cultures who believe evil spirits and demons lurk around every corner just waiting for the moment to strike.

Old 10-31-2023, 09:27 AM

1,061 posts, read 549,696 times
I went to Catholic grammar and high school back in the dark ages and we didn't celebrate Halloween in school. We went home, put our costumes on and went trick out treating. Didn't hurt us any.

I remember being surprised when my nephews in the suburbs were wearing costumes to school.

Old 10-31-2023, 11:22 AM

10,495 posts, read 7,019,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
I went to Catholic grammar and high school back in the dark ages and we didn't celebrate Halloween in school. We went home, put our costumes on and went trick out treating. Didn't hurt us any.

I remember being surprised when my nephews in the suburbs were wearing costumes to school.
I went to Catholic School in New Jersey, and we wore Halloween costumes.. we even had a parade.

Halloween is technically the eve of All Saints Day (Nov 1) and All Souls Day (Nov 2).

Old 10-31-2023, 11:24 AM

11,062 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
So have the kids dress up as the Pope. THE BoE needs to stay out of it.
Wow, are there Pope costumes? I'd like to see that.

Now that state-specific threads are on the sidebar, I've gotten a kick out of reading MA, for example. Lots going on there that's entertaining and I'm nowhere near there.

Sad about Halloween though....remind me of Denmark eliminating pork in their school cafeterias in order to cater to "other cultures" who might be offended. Sigh.

Old 10-31-2023, 11:55 AM

88,625 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Wow, are there Pope costumes? I'd like to see that.

Now that state-specific threads are on the sidebar, I've gotten a kick out of reading MA, for example. Lots going on there that's entertaining and I'm nowhere near there.

Sad about Halloween though....remind me of Denmark eliminating pork in their school cafeterias in order to cater to "other cultures" who might be offended. Sigh.
My friend's kids went to a Catholic school and dressed up as saints for November 1. But they t-or-t'd the night before also.

Back in the 60s, we didn't have Halloween in school, either. The town had a Halloween parade and costume contest AT the school after hours, though, broken down by age groups. Like maybe at 3:30 or 4, then we hit the streets. We ran home home, changed into costume, went back to the school, did the thing there.

Of course we were a small, walkable town, not a big district with buses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey