Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 05:16 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion but the car is kept in a garage (I live in a high-rise with a garage) so it's not like it gets hot while parked outside. The problem is that when I get out of the garage and start driving in open air, at that point something about the windows or interior then instantly boosts the visible sunlight and makes it uncomfortable in certain spots on the face or clothing (not everywhere) while driving.
That's definitely a strange situation. My car doesn't have that problem, and summers here are pretty hot. I have no idea what would cause it, unless maybe you have the sunroof shade open with the glass still in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2022, 05:38 PM

9,971 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
But you can't drive with these, they're opaque, right?
No you can't drive with those, but you CAN drive with the QuikSnap shades I linked above, or of course, with tint.

Old 05-11-2022, 06:16 PM

349 posts, read 990,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The newer ceramic tints actually have high heat rejection values without being too dark.

As you can see here with Llumar's offerings. A very light 80% tint with their Air series rejects nearly 3 times as much heat as a dyed tint at 5% (limo tint) levels.
https://cdn.llumar.com/drupal/na_auto_specs_l1748.pdf

I had that Air 80 put on a windshield and it made a huge difference. Prior to that the black leather interior and chrome surfaces like on the shifter were scalding. And it was near undetectable. Except if you were wearing polarized sunglasses, in which case you got that double polarization color shift that would make tires look purple and such.

Sounds like this is what I want. thanks

Old 05-11-2022, 06:56 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The exterior color of the car is what attracts or repels heat. What color is your car?

Any car any color gets hot inside when the sun is strong, but a white car won't get as hot as a black car. In my black car, I have to run the AC if it gets about 50 degrees outside and the sun is bright.
This is mostly urban legend. tests showed that there is only a small difference in heat gain between black and white cars and only for a few minutes. Eventually they all get as hot as they can get, and that is pretty quickly. Color does not change this.

Try a blind test. Park six white cars and six black cars in the same sun. Blindfold yourself and have someone put you in the cars at random and tell them which is hotter. You cannot tell because they are all equally hot. The difference you "feel" is psychological because you believe white cars are cooler than black. It is nto true, but if your body tricks you into feeling cooler, are you?

The amount of glass does change it somewhat, but they all still reach the same temperature. Just slightly different speeds.

Old 05-12-2022, 05:35 AM

4,503 posts, read 2,651,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
This is mostly urban legend. tests showed that there is only a small difference in heat gain between black and white cars and only for a few minutes. Eventually they all get as hot as they can get, and that is pretty quickly. Color does not change this.

Try a blind test. Park six white cars and six black cars in the same sun. Blindfold yourself and have someone put you in the cars at random and tell them which is hotter. You cannot tell because they are all equally hot. The difference you "feel" is psychological because you believe white cars are cooler than black. It is nto true, but if your body tricks you into feeling cooler, are you?

The amount of glass does change it somewhat, but they all still reach the same temperature. Just slightly different speeds.
Why would you do all that, when these newfangled devices called "thermometers" are readily available?

Old 11-11-2022, 09:49 AM

5 posts, read 4,749 times
I recommend XPEL XR Plus ceramic tint in either 70% or 55%. Both shades are very clear and will help with the direct burning sensation when sunlight is on your skin.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:08 AM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The exterior color of the car is what attracts or repels heat. What color is your car?

Any car any color gets hot inside when the sun is strong, but a white car won't get as hot as a black car. In my black car, I have to run the AC if it gets about 50 degrees outside and the sun is bright.
Quote:
The new Altima is white, and the previous one is black. They have the same identical interior-heat problem (even when it's cool outside, like 50-55 deg. F, but there is some sunshine).

Mythbusters did a show on this.

Exerior color has no appreciable impact on car interior temperaturess. Car interior temps are 100% due to window area, slope, and glass composition.

Old 12-02-2022, 12:34 AM

4 posts, read 1,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Mythbusters did a show on this.

Exterior color has no appreciable impact on car's interior temperature. Car interior temps are 100% due to window area, slope, and glass composition.
Partially agree with this, it's understood that for interior temperature Windows and glass composition is responsible but exterior color also plays it part in this, and I can feel that from my experience, also seat cover material is responsible for that too, how much heat it traps inside and how much time it'll take to cool down, not offensive but I want to explore this more. I changed my seat covers for Ford F150 and it cool down faster, less heat producer as well, the material is neoprene

purchased from here custom build: [url]https://www.saddleman.com/ford-f-150-seat-covers[/url]

please share your experience as well

just checked you can get for Nissan here: [url]https://www.saddleman.com/neoprene-car-seat-covers[/url]

Select Year, Make & Model

Last edited by Sambrider; 12-02-2022 at 12:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti