Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:59 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,453,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
^ Hillside brought that up because they are in our MSA. NOKY was made up of old dense German & Italian neighborhoods that shouldn't be left off an aerial map. I'm sorry then! lol ... You're on UrbanOhio, aren't you?
my sentiments exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 10:01 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,376,312 times
cinci-rise, you totally ignored my questions in post 22. i was asking because, the csa and msa seems to be listed as one in the same .? you seem to be a good reference on cinci and thought you might know.. because even greater cleveland and N.E.Ohio can be defined in many ways.. read this and you will see what i mean...fyi - im not a cinci hater, i happen to think its an awsome metro ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Cleveland

Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,937,749 times
Quote:
^ Hillside brought that up because they are in our MSA. NOKY was made up of old dense German & Italian neighborhoods that shouldn't be left off an aerial map. I'm sorry then! lol ... You're on UrbanOhio, aren't you?
Yes i'm on UO. Anyway, I'm not trying to argue what is included in the Cleveland metro and what isn't. Someone said something about northeast Ohio being 4.5 million people or so. I live in northeast Ohio. I understand that the Youngstown/Warren area isn't part of the Cleveland metro. I'm just saying that if you include parts of kentucky and indiana in SW Ohio you should be including Mercer Co, Pa (and Lawrence, if we're talking CSA) in Northeast Ohio. Of course i think that's crazy, but i think it's also crazy if you include part of any state, other than ohio, in a region of Ohio!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:06 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,719,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Yes i'm on UO. Anyway, I'm not trying to argue what is included in the Cleveland metro and what isn't. Someone said something about northeast Ohio being 4.5 million people or so. I live in northeast Ohio. I understand that the Youngstown/Warren area isn't part of the Cleveland metro. I'm just saying that if you include parts of kentucky and indiana in SW Ohio you should be including Mercer Co, Pa (and Lawrence, if we're talking CSA) in Northeast Ohio. Of course i think that's crazy, but i think it's also crazy if you include part of any state, other than ohio, in a region of Ohio!
Putting NOKY and SEIN in Cincinnati's MSA makes perfect since, hell, the I275 loop even goes through all 3 states. Western Greater Cincy goes to the IN border and NOKY is right in front of Downtown Cincy. The same couldn't be said for Cleveland.

1water, I see. My apologies.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:25 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,937,749 times
Quote:
Putting NOKY and SEIN in Cincinnati's MSA makes perfect since, hell, the I275 loop even goes through all 3 states. Western Greater Cincy goes to the IN border and NOKY is right in front of Downtown Cincy. The same couldn't be said for Cleveland.

1water, I see. My apologies.
I'm not arguing MSA's here. I was just talking SE Ohio and NE Ohio.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,926,074 times
Cincy-rise, what is wrong with you lately?

Seriously, youve been attacking people left and right for the past week or so for no real reason. Youve been bashing cities, and starting arguments that dont even make sense.

THIS is exactly the reason why I said this thread you made ( https://www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/...need-wake.html ) was a joke, and I was right.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Cincy-rise, what is wrong with you lately?

Seriously, youve been attacking people left and right for the past week or so for no real reason. Youve been bashing cities, and starting arguments that dont even make sense.

THIS is exactly the reason why I said this thread you made ( https://www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/...need-wake.html ) was a joke, and I was right.
Can you post a single quote where I "bashed" a city ... I'll be waiting for a response.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:46 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,453,711 times
how did this go from being about the opportunities and freedoms of a metro for african-americans to a heated debate about MSA and CSA, and now to bashing? i know, i know, i contributed, but still guys...

Old 10-25-2008, 02:08 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,926,074 times
Quote:
Can you post a single quote where I "bashed" a city ... I'll be waiting for a response.
Are you serious?

Youve gone out of your way for the past week to bash Cleveland, and other cities. I hear another person (aquila I think) saying that you bash places in Kentucky all the time. Pretty much anywhere but Cincinnati. You bring out the smallest errors in posts and use them against places. It seems like you hate Cleveland and put it down at every oportunity, probably because of your own insecurities. You wont accept the truth.

But, Lets not try to change the subject like it looks like your trying to do, and remember what you did. Youve been attacking people for the past week and starting huge arguments wherever you go. You try to give the impression that your this know-it-all and know everything about cities and stats and all of it and nobody else does, dont believe me look back at this thread. I already know all of that stuff, as I said Ive been studying urban areas in every category and aspect, firsthand and other, extensively for over 6 years now. (I was planning on a career in it, but not all of us are priviledged and can afford to go to college). Not to sound condescending, I dont know about you, but I know what Im talking about when it comes to this stuff, much more than the average person who looks up a couple definitions and stats and thinks theyre an expert.

Last edited by BelieveInCleve; 10-25-2008 at 02:25 AM..

Old 10-25-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Are you serious?

Youve gone out of your way for the past week to bash Cleveland, and other cities. I hear another person (aquila I think) saying that you bash places in Kentucky all the time. Pretty much anywhere but Cincinnati. You bring out the smallest errors in posts and use them against places. It seems like you hate Cleveland and put it down at every oportunity, probably because of your own insecurities. You wont accept the truth.

But, Lets not try to change the subject like it looks like your trying to do, and remember what you did. Youve been attacking people for the past week and starting huge arguments wherever you go. You try to give the impression that your this know-it-all and know everything about cities and stats and all of it and nobody else does, dont believe me look back at this thread. I already know all of that stuff, as I said Ive been studying urban areas in every category and aspect, firsthand and other, extensively for over 6 years now. (I was planning on a career in it, but not all of us are priviledged and can afford to go to college). Not to sound condescending, I dont know about you, but I know what Im talking about when it comes to this stuff, much more than the average person who looks up a couple definitions and stats and thinks theyre an expert.

AGAIN ... Cle440, post a quote where I bashed a city or admit you are wrong and an apology should follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio