Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:11 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,268,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I think this just demonstrates that conservative Christian beliefs (in general) make for pretty nice people.
I think I would probably be 180 degrees from a "conservative Christian" and people are aways saying I'm a nice guy. A lot of my neighbors are somewhat liberal and they seem to be very nice folks.

Some of the best people I have ever worked for were Jewish and I have a few muslim friends that treat me like family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 06:39 PM

11,531 posts, read 30,384,421 times
I don't agree. Some of the most hateful, arrogant people I ever met went to Church on Wednesday and Sunday. They said the "right" things, drove the "right" car, wore the "right" clothes, attended the "right" church, and looked down their collective noses on the less fortunate while they proclaimed oh high to be Christian. Most of these slept though the "right" lesson, too. Having experienced it personally, I would say there are some awfully nice people of all faiths and beliefs. There are some awfully nice people who aren't religiously inclined. Politics is a mixed bag, too.

As a whole some of the nicest people I ever met lived in Oklahoma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I think this just demonstrates that conservative Christian beliefs (in general) make for pretty nice people.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:23 AM

5,549 posts, read 9,552,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
I don't agree. Some of the most hateful, arrogant people I ever met went to Church on Wednesday and Sunday. They said the "right" things, drove the "right" car, wore the "right" clothes, attended the "right" church, and looked down their collective noses on the less fortunate while they proclaimed oh high to be Christian. Most of these slept though the "right" lesson, too. Having experienced it personally, I would say there are some awfully nice people of all faiths and beliefs. There are some awfully nice people who aren't religiously inclined. Politics is a mixed bag, too.

As a whole some of the nicest people I ever met lived in Oklahoma.
The Bible doesn't provide any hope for those who are prideful/unrepentant/Pharisaical such as the bold portion above.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:33 AM

744 posts, read 1,855,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
The majority of voters in Oklahoma are registered Democrats. 46% dem - 42% repub - 12% indep Recently on Channel 2, out of Tulsa.
46% isn’t a majority. Not every Republican voter is a registered Republican. Not every conservative is registered as a Republican.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:45 AM

17,929 posts, read 13,885,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
46% isn’t a majority. Not every Republican voter is a registered Republican. Not every conservative is registered as a Republican.
Moot point. As of January of 2020:

Quote:
By Jarred Burk | January 16, 2020 at 10:52 AM CST - Updated January 16 at 10:52 AM
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (TNN) - The Oklahoma State Election Board says Republican and Independent voters in the state continues to trend upward.

Every year the state releases statistics on the number of registered voters in the state. The number of voters now stands at just under 2.1 million as the 2020 election cycle begins to ramp up.

Republicans lead the way in the state accounting for 48.3-percent of the voters. Democrats are at 35.3-percent and Independent voters come in at 15.9-percent.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:17 PM

28 posts, read 18,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Actually we don't......it is one of the characteristics of true liberals....that of tolerance and acceptance of diversity, although I understand it does not match your caricature profile for liberals.
As long as you aren't wealthy, Christian, conservative, male, white, meat-eating, capitalistic, have private employer-sponsored healthcare, work in financial services, hunt animals, anti-ILLEGAL immigration or pro-life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City