Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 04:24 PM

744 posts, read 1,849,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
Don't know about better. But certainly smarter, honey

Keep telling yourself that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
You should really seek counseling for that complex you are displaying.

Look at their complex.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:26 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,158,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
let me and Annemieke know when you get here. If you can't find one we can start one..............

Actually, locate yourself near one of the Universities and you should find what you are looking for. For SOME reason, liberalism is close to education...........
Oh yeah. That's dynamite for indepth discussions about video games and mascara.

For those of us who are past the teeny-bopper stage, it's not very good advice.

I don't live in OKC but I'd go there for fun if I could find a community mindset like the OP is discussing.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-12-2010, 04:30 PM

I own a gun, work for my money and go to church ever sunday. What are you going to do about it?

Old 06-12-2010, 05:03 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,550,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
And the liberals won't give up until their big government, Godless opinions are legislated as well. What's your point??
My point is that 1) for a group of people who don't like government interference you sure like to legislate against anything you don't like; 2) not everybody in this country is a Christian.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:14 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,517,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Hippies belong in California and those other weirdo, stuck-up states.
Did you come on hear to help this poster out or just spew forth your nasty right wing comments. People like you give us Okies a bad name.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:01 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,546,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialKate View Post
Is there such an animal in OKC? I know that the state is overwhelmingly conservative, but surely there must be some liberals or like-minded people/activities/clubs in the city. I am seriously contemplating a move to OKC to be closer to family; they are of the conservative persuasion so they don't really know of anything or anyone that would be my speed.

I am non-religious, gay-friendly, very socially liberal, democrat/progressive, volunteer-minded, love a good civil-rights protest, etc... I know I'm a lamb in the lions den (teasing!), but family is important to me, hence the move.

Advice? Suggestions? Thanks!

Kate

Okies are just people like everywhere else. You won't have any problems with them....UNLESS...you insist on viewing everyone and every thing through a liberal/conservative prism.

If you do that, you'll cut yourself off from a lot of nice, interesting people.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annemieke Roell View Post
My point is that 1) for a group of people who don't like government interference you sure like to legislate against anything you don't like; 2) not everybody in this country is a Christian.
Yes, I respect muslims and jews too. You seem to think all conservatives are the same, most of us don't want the government interfering with anything that is a private matter.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Did you come on hear to help this poster out or just spew forth your nasty right wing comments. People like you give us Okies a bad name.
Liberals give places like California a bad name.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:43 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialKate View Post
I am non-religious, gay-friendly, very socially liberal, democrat/progressive, volunteer-minded, love a good civil-rights protest, etc... I know I'm a lamb in the lions den (teasing!), but family is important to me, hence the move.

Advice? Suggestions? Thanks!

Kate
Do as I would do if I was forced to move to Berkeley: live out of the way and avoid the natives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City