Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2017, 05:09 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLPIFCO View Post
This is Ronald Reagan's legacy and and a direct result of "compassionate conservatism".
This is more the result of laziness, drug addiction, stupidity and poor choices.

Yes there are a few down on their luck and got dealt a bad hand, but then again who hasn't had a few bad things come their way?

Must you Liberals ALWAYS have excuses for these people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 12:07 PM

531 posts, read 758,314 times
San Diego is struggling with a huge hepatitis A outbreak. Is it coming to L.A.?

San Diego is struggling with a huge hepatitis A outbreak. Is it coming to L.A.? - LA Times

Old 09-21-2017, 03:10 PM

531 posts, read 758,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k81689 View Post
San Diego is struggling with a huge hepatitis A outbreak. Is it coming to L.A.?

San Diego is struggling with a huge hepatitis A outbreak. Is it coming to L.A.? - LA Times
Health officials declare hepatitis A outbreak in L.A. County - LA Times

Old 09-21-2017, 05:47 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,985,570 times
Hopefully the ACLU will start writing checks for people to get cured.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:31 AM

872 posts, read 595,600 times
Cali you obviously remember the litmus test the ACLU utilized to dismantle the former mental heath care institution system- are they a harm to themselves or others. YES, many, if not most, are and in some cases on both counts. I'm quite sure that I've posted on this here before,but, yes- people cannot be allowed to roam the streets doing whatever. The ACLU was also instrumental in decriminalizing vagrancy- so the parks are not for you taxpayers and your families- they are for drug addicts etc to camp out in.
There are two armies forming- us/them. They have been given cell phones and mobilize very quickly when inspired. They have weapons and can outnumber and subdue a fully armed police officer if need be.
How is it that Laura's law is not even discussed by the so-called advocates? Each person should be treated as a person and evaluated individually. If they are able to function then they need to have sufficient training or de-programming at it were to begin to value themselves and their communities: simply allowing them to acquire public lands is outlandish- heck even eminent domain would enter in here. yes- I'm talking about institutionalization- not placing people in residential neighborhoods until they are capable of managing that privilege. Large buildings with each person housed according to their situation.
Please look up the demographics if you wish- how old are this growing segment of the population?? most are in their 20s? Do you think they will become model citizens on their own sometime or will it be the opposite. I think that they will become more unified and brazen- and in California empowered and encouraged. This has taken awhile to develop and it will take a while to get a plan initiated-this state is dead set against the taxpayers and all for the bureaucracy and their "clients".

Old 09-29-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Cali you obviously remember the litmus test the ACLU utilized to dismantle the former mental heath care institution system- are they a harm to themselves or others. YES, many, if not most, are and in some cases on both counts. I'm quite sure that I've posted on this here before,but, yes- people cannot be allowed to roam the streets doing whatever. The ACLU was also instrumental in decriminalizing vagrancy- so the parks are not for you taxpayers and your families- they are for drug addicts etc to camp out in.
There are two armies forming- us/them. They have been given cell phones and mobilize very quickly when inspired. They have weapons and can outnumber and subdue a fully armed police officer if need be.
How is it that Laura's law is not even discussed by the so-called advocates? Each person should be treated as a person and evaluated individually. If they are able to function then they need to have sufficient training or de-programming at it were to begin to value themselves and their communities: simply allowing them to acquire public lands is outlandish- heck even eminent domain would enter in here. yes- I'm talking about institutionalization- not placing people in residential neighborhoods until they are capable of managing that privilege. Large buildings with each person housed according to their situation.
Please look up the demographics if you wish- how old are this growing segment of the population?? most are in their 20s? Do you think they will become model citizens on their own sometime or will it be the opposite. I think that they will become more unified and brazen- and in California empowered and encouraged. This has taken awhile to develop and it will take a while to get a plan initiated-this state is dead set against the taxpayers and all for the bureaucracy and their "clients".
Wise words my friend, but I'm afraid for the most part people like you won't be heard in California until it's too late.

But IMO I think California fell over the cliff when Pete Wilson and Prop 187 failed to curb illegal immigration and California basically became the nations holding center for 90% of the countries illegal aliens. I was young then, and remember thinking "This is all common sense legislation, why is there such a backlash?" Well it's because the illegals and their families knew that all the free entitlement programs would disappear, and the Democrats realized they would lose a large portion of their voting bloc, possibly never ever getting California back in our lifetimes. So they went all in on defeating Prop 187, tricking people into thinking it was all about "racism", and the Republican response was tepid at best and they basically ceded the state to the DNC and its allies.

Although there is SOME hope. Democrat party donations hit a 20 year low back in July, so it's showing me that the party has lost a lot of clout ever since Hillary fumbled the election despite the entirety of the MSM, Hollywood, and professional athletes behind her. People are beginning to realize that the "race card" being played in every political issue (despite any validity) wasn't about helping people of color, but about pushing a political agenda by demonizing anyone who disagreed.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:25 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Wise words my friend, but I'm afraid for the most part people like you won't be heard in California until it's too late.

But IMO I think California fell over the cliff when Pete Wilson and Prop 187 failed to curb illegal immigration and California basically became the nations holding center for 90% of the countries illegal aliens. I was young then, and remember thinking "This is all common sense legislation, why is there such a backlash?" Well it's because the illegals and their families knew that all the free entitlement programs would disappear, and the Democrats realized they would lose a large portion of their voting bloc, possibly never ever getting California back in our lifetimes. So they went all in on defeating Prop 187, tricking people into thinking it was all about "racism", and the Republican response was tepid at best and they basically ceded the state to the DNC and its allies.

Although there is SOME hope. Democrat party donations hit a 20 year low back in July, so it's showing me that the party has lost a lot of clout ever since Hillary fumbled the election despite the entirety of the MSM, Hollywood, and professional athletes behind her. People are beginning to realize that the "race card" being played in every political issue (despite any validity) wasn't about helping people of color, but about pushing a political agenda by demonizing anyone who disagreed.
+1

Excellent post.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:59 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,390,729 times
Quote:

I would not be surprised if a 3rd party of middle of the road Dems and Repubs came together and changed a LOT. The extremes are exposing their selfishness, lack of any interest in the truth or people. In the last election they exposed the corruption in both major parties and they refuse to change it.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:19 PM

26,720 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
I think California fell over the cliff when Pete Wilson and Prop 187 failed to curb illegal immigration and California basically became the nations holding center for 90% of the countries illegal aliens. I was young then, and remember thinking "This is all common sense legislation, why is there such a backlash?"
Prop 187 did not "fail to curb illegal immigration"; it was determined to be unconstitutional. You sound as if you live in a dream world, where you expect everyone to be as smart, educated, wealthy and privileged as you need them to be.

Quote:
Although there is SOME hope. People are beginning to realize that the "race card" being played in every political issue (despite any validity) wasn't about helping people of color, but about pushing a political agenda by demonizing anyone who disagreed.
Unbelievable. Pot, meet kettle.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
You sound as if you live in a dream world, where you expect everyone to be as smart, educated, wealthy and privileged as you need them to be.
Wrong.

I expect people to respect the sovereignty and borders of this country and stop breaking the law. Why should someone cut the immigration line in by running over a border? Illegal aliens are unfairly taking opportunities and resources away from potential legal immigrants who are trying to come over by following the rules.

Quote:
Unbelievable. Pot, meet kettle.
Please read the rules. Trolling and personal insults are not allowed on the forum. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County