Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 10:21 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times

Advertisements

Speaking of Grad Night, I didn't go. My closest friend at the time had moved away & out of the HS, otherwise, if she was going, I would have wanted to go & been able to go. Oh well!

At the end of junior high (8th grade), I did go to Knott's Berry Farm when the class went for the day. That was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post
CA4,

Which places did you work for.....I think we were there a bit earlier than you. My guess is about 1962, and then
a year or so later joined the Naval Air, and went on active duty and deployment in 1964,

We dwarfs were free to roam around, entertain the park guests , ride the rides, and visit with the other employees as well as the ride operators.

Everyone was having a good time, and the D-Land house and beach parties just added on to the overall fun experience.
It was a special group of great young people. Back then, I often thought, how great it would be for college students nation wide to be able to work a summer in the park. Yep, before the reality of real world responsibilities descended upon us.

Thank you for stirring up those long ago memories,

Stay safe, smart, and healthy......and have fun !
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Your job sounded fun. I worked there in the 1970s, in The Character Shop and the stand near the Small World ride. The Main Street Electrical Parade came through every night and shops and stands usually cleared out because guests outside all over the park wanted to see it. Disneyland treated their employees very well....I forgot that we were called "cast members," not clerks.

What a fun experience you both had that you'll never forget!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 01:06 PM

Well, just yesterday, Thurs., Nov 19th, a certain area of Disney's California Adventure, which is another amusement park next door to Disneyland opened. Of course NO rides, but just a certain area of the grounds w/ a certain amount of eateries & shops. People are scraping the walls so much, some were in line since the 4 AM hour just to walk the grounds.

They probably only allowed the first 300-400. Looks like if you got there at 6:30 AM, you'll still get in 1st, but as more people know that, everyone will hvae to get there even earlier to be those 1st ones in. Even the news is out there.

Well, a neighboring county (L.A.) from the county this park is in just started their stay-at-home orders till Dec 21st, so don't know how many weeks this place will be open before they possibly close up again. There's 50-yr olds out there all teary-eyed about being at Disneyland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qPJqFTbtdI

Last edited by Forever Blue; 11-20-2020 at 01:21 PM..

Old 03-04-2021, 06:25 PM

Default NEW EVENT: Touch of Disney

Starting Thursday, March 18, 2021. Disney's California Adventure (DCA) will have this new event where people can walk the grounds & eat some food. Now get this, it's $75 per person just for that! It sure doesn't say the ENTIRE grounds of DCA will be accessible. The way it looks, it's just the little Buena Vista Street section, which has been open for the last 4 mos now for FREE...just no food. (But certain gift shops selling snacks, etc. have also been open for the last 4 mos too.)

I won't be doing this for $75 pp, but plenty of people will because people love Disney & they know people have been scraping the walls & will be glad to pay $75 pp.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:49 PM

26,720 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Starting Thursday, March 18, 2021. Disney's California Adventure (DCA) will have this new event where people can walk the grounds & eat some food....
I won't be doing this for $75 pp, but plenty of people will because people love Disney & they know people have been scraping the walls & will be glad to pay $75
I probably won't either, but it sounds great.

Many of us are homesick right now. Sick of our literal homes and longing for the more general definition, which includes crowds, movement and excursions, even limited socially distanced ones to familiar places outside of our shutdown bubbles. So will people pay 75 bucks — which includes parking and a $25 food coupon — to stroll around California Adventure even though none of the rides or shows are open? Looking at the crowds swarming Downtown Disney, the answer is clear: You bet they will.

As long as it’s safe, we’ll take what we can get. If we cannot have rides, then let us eat churros.

Will anyone pay $75 to visit Disney California Adventure with no rides open? You bet:
https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...rides-worth-75

Old 03-04-2021, 07:11 PM

Sure, people would probably pay $80-85 pp. I'll just watch a couple of youtubers who I regularly watch who'll probably do it (IF they're not in FL at the time, that is enjoying all the open parks over there), so I'll live vicariously through them & will be $150 richer...since it's fiance' & I, ha!

I won't be missing out on anything. We went to the Buena Vista Street section for free 2x's now already.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:24 AM

Well, today's only the 9th & I don't know when the $75 tickets sold out, but it already is now for that "Touch of Disney" starting on the 18th. They really gouged people because they know they'll pay it.

$75 covers $10 parking, another $25 for food, but that still leaves another $40 & for what...just to walk around a little on just a tiny part of the grounds that they'll allow to be open?! I've gone for FREE 2x in the last few mos in which the tiny part of the grounds are open & it's not a big portion of the grounds at all. It's a tiny snippet.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:18 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times
Quote:
Well, today's only the 9th & I don't know when the $75 tickets sold out, but it already is now for that "Touch of Disney" starting on the 18th. They really gouged people because they know they'll pay it.

$75 covers $10 parking, another $25 for food, but that still leaves another $40 & for what...just to walk around a little on just a tiny part of the grounds that they'll allow to be open?! I've gone for FREE 2x in the last few mos in which the tiny part of the grounds are open & it's not a big portion of the grounds at all. It's a tiny snippet.
I'd concur that it doesn't sound like a good value for money, but I guess they found more than enough people who would pay up for it.

Old 03-12-2021, 04:52 PM

1,462 posts, read 972,391 times
Quote:

They lowered their parking? Last time I was there (Jan 2020) it was over $20 to park. You know there are some folks that miss it very much and willing to pay to walk the park. More power to them. Just imagine when the park opens up with the limited capacity. I wonder how much people will sell their tickets on Craigslist. I am happy to wait.

Old 03-13-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
They lowered their parking? Last time I was there (Jan 2020) it was over $20 to park. You know there are some folks that miss it very much and willing to pay to walk the park. More power to them. Just imagine when the park opens up with the limited capacity. I wonder how much people will sell their tickets on Craigslist. I am happy to wait.

True, the parking for the full Disneyland itself was $20 pre-COVID. For the Downtown Disney part, which was always free to walk, they actually had FREE parking for that for just a little while. Then, they started charging $10 for parking for the Downtown part.

FYI: Monday, March 15th is the LAST DAY to walk the small Buena Vista section of CA Adventure w/ some open gift shops for FREE...well, paying $10 (for parking).

But you can still always just go to the Downtown area only for $10 parking, I assume.

(Starting March 18th is the Touch of Disney in which the tickets have been sold out already.)

Old 03-13-2021, 09:41 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,298,730 times
Quote:
True, the parking for the full Disneyland itself was $20 pre-COVID. For the Downtown Disney part, which was always free to walk, they actually had FREE parking for that for just a little while. Then, they started charging $10 for parking for the Downtown part.
Pre pandemic Downtown Disney was free for 5 hours with a validation from a restaurant or the theaters or stores with a minimum purchase (3 hours free). If you didn't get validated it was $14 an hour to a max of $56.

Quote:
From Undercover Tourist: Here is what to expect during normal operation (possibly after the parks reopen). If visiting only Downtown Disney at Disneyland and staying off-site, you can use the short-term Simba parking lot near Paradise Pier Hotel (the Magic Way lot is no longer for guests). If you park in the Simba lot, you'll receive three hours of free parking if you purchase $20 or more in merchandise; you can get your ticket validated at any Downtown Disney location. This includes quick-service restaurants, kiosks, merchandise locations and table-service restaurants. You can get up to five hours of free parking with validation from a Downtown Disney table-service restaurant. After that, prices are $14 per hour, up to a daily maximum of $56. Each hour beyond the validations costs $14 (charged in 30-minute increments) after a 15-minute grace period. A lost ticket will cost you $56. Hop tip: Don't lose your ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County