Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 06:22 PM

12,769 posts, read 14,970,303 times

Advertisements

15% capacity's pretty good. Since the Disneyland grounds are quite large, you shouldn't be too close to people, I would think.

And I see they started a, ""Taste of Universal" TODAY & I think it's through mid-Dec.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 10:06 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,827,619 times
Maybe it's time for D-Land to go the "reservation only" route. (And not just temporary.)

I see a pent up demand as the park opens.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:32 AM

14,302 posts, read 11,688,680 times
I haven't been to Disneyland for years because the crowds make the price of admission not worth it. At 15% capacity, I would consider going again. Too bad they can't make any money that way.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:04 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,299,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I haven't been to Disneyland for years because the crowds make the price of admission not worth it. At 15% capacity, I would consider going again. Too bad they can't make any money that way.
At 15% capacity I assume they will have limited hours, something like 9AM to 6PM, and without events like fireworks or parades, they will be saving money there. They won't be printing money handover fist the way they do with 50,000 people in the park, but they won't be losing money either.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:27 AM

I believe I read somehwere several months ago that Disneyland has made enough money in the past to NOT lose money even if they were closed for ___ YEARS. I think it was somewhere between 2-4 yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Maybe it's time for D-Land to go the "reservation only" route. (And not just temporary.)

I see a pent up demand as the park opens.

I wouldn't want reservations only permanently. Maybe for the next 6 mos to up to a year from reopening (from COVID) to see how it goes. Many people like to be spontaneous & just go on a whim. I'm usually a planner, but I went spontaneously on a day I hadn't planned the day before on going. I was fun to be impromptu for a change!

Old 04-12-2021, 10:18 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,208 times
Just got reservations for April 30. We are actually planning to go to Disneyworld this summer, right after school lets out, so i'm actually probably going to ditch the reservations but i'm pretty curious what it will look like on opening day, and if there are any special items that could be collectible. Me and my wife are vaccinated btw.

We had bought those 3-day socal passes and have 2 days left for our family. I'm actually planning to use them for around Halloween and Christmas time but again i'm curious about April 30. And i don't really envision going on April 30, and then disneyworld like a couple months later.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:17 AM

We would rather wait for Knotts to open; my kids are not interested in Disneyland any more. On Saturday we went to Six Flags and it was great for the first half of the day...we just walked on all the rides...but got pretty crowded in the second half. I thought attendance was limited to 15% or maybe 25% of capacity but around 3pm, it sure didn't look like it. Lines for the major roller coasters were 60 to 90 minutes, and we ended up leaving a little early. Still, we got to do enough in the first 3-4 hours that it was totally worth it.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:45 AM

Great guys!

I went to that "Touch of Universal" @ Universal Studios on April 8th. It fully opens w/ rides THIS week. I was there at opening at 12 noon & it was nice & sparse, but by 3pm, it was more crowded. We were about to leave anyway, so the timing was perfect.

I had gone to the LA Zoo back on Nov 23rd because it's like walking in the park. We went to just Downtown Disney a few times throughout the last several mos & that section of CA Adventure when it was free a couple of times too.

I don't quite feel safe yet riding rides yet. I'll have to see. I can picture people's masks flying off their faces when the roller coasters are going.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I don't quite feel safe yet riding rides yet. I'll have to see. I can picture people's masks flying off their faces when the roller coasters are going.
I did not see this happen while I was there, and Six Flags has some pretty intense roller coasters. I never once felt like my mask was going to come off.

If one person's mask DID come off, would it be such a big deal? You are outside in the open air, and the speed of the coaster + the wind would instantly disperse any particles.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I did not see this happen while I was there, and Six Flags has some pretty intense roller coasters. I never once felt like my mask was going to come off.

If one person's mask DID come off, would it be such a big deal? You are outside in the open air, and the speed of the coaster + the wind would instantly disperse any particles.

OK, well that's good to hear, thanks. I just pictured masks flying off quite easily w/ the intensity of the rides. And the part about, "would it be such a big deal?" Well, I'm thinking of those masks flying off into the faces of other sitting behind the other person on the rides. Yeah, just what anyone wants, someone's worn masks flying into their faces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County