Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 09:05 AM

12,769 posts, read 14,970,303 times

Advertisements

Hopefully, some of you out there have some info about this. Both of these amusement parks are in the same county, yet Knott's has been open for these last few months & holding fun food events on Fridays, Sats, & Suns where they only sell so many tickets for I think about $25 pp where the grounds are open to walk around, you can get food, & some of the gift shops are open. Even some (or maybe all of the) stores right outside of the park gates are open. That's great & fun when everything else is closed & there's nothing much to do.

Disneyland, on the other hand, has still been closed all this time & just let go 20K+ employees who were on furlough.

Why can't Disneyland do the same thing Knott's is doing & have some of their gift shops & eateries open & partial grounds open for walking around (if not all)? People would LOVE do to it since they're scraping the walls as it is from boredom. Sure, Downtown Disney is open, but that area's so tiny, you can walk through it in 10 minutes.

I personally like Disneyland better than Knott's, but I like Knott's too, so if only ONE had to do this, I wish it was Disneyland, but I don't understand about Disneyland.

Does anyone know why? Does Gavin Newsom have something against Disneyland for some reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 07:15 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Why can't Disneyland do the same thing Knott's is doing & have some of their gift shops & eateries open & partial grounds open for walking around (if not all)?

Does anyone know why? Does Gavin Newsom have something against Disneyland for some reason?
Downtown Disney is open. Newsom has nothing against Disneyland reopening. It just isn't safe yet.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/exp...wntown-disney/

Old 10-07-2020, 07:00 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,755,100 times
Knots berry farm is still closed. But Newsom is our new Ayatollah.

Old 10-08-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Knots berry farm is still closed.
As of August 4: We have been so grateful for the opportunity to welcome guests back to Knott’s Berry Farm to enjoy our recently introduced Knott’s Taste of Calico event as well as the unique experiences in our California Marketplace, despite the challenges that have come with the COVID-19 pandemic...

https://www.knotts.com/park-update

Old 10-08-2020, 06:22 PM

It’s closed.
https://www.knotts.com/explore/calendar-and-hours

Old 10-08-2020, 06:56 PM

OK, so I'm still wondering what I originally asked about. Knott's has been open, NOT the rides, but lots of foods, some gift shops, & partial premises to stroll around & they've opened more of the grounds since then for more walking around. Here's a youtuber's video (amongst many others out there) of the first thing they held back since mid-July, so I'm still wondering why Disneyland can't do this too. We all know people are scraping the walls w/ boredom that they'd be GLAD to go to this at Disneyland as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58qElxZ44NU

Quote:
Knots berry farm is still closed. But Newsom is our new Ayatollah.
Quote:

Didn't you guys read my OP? Part of it said this:

"Knott's has been OPEN for these last few months & holding fun food events on Fridays, Sats, & Suns where they only sell so many tickets for I think about $25 pp where the grounds are open to walk around, you can get food, & some of the gift shops are open. Even some (or maybe all of the) stores right outside of the park gates are open. That's great & fun when everything else is closed & there's nothing much to do."

So although the rides are closed, they've been having what I said above since July now.

CA4Now, some people don't know like you & I.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:05 PM

So is Disneyland, my daughter has been able to buy stuff at Disneyland area. Why pay $25.

Old 10-11-2020, 11:46 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,827,619 times
and yet Disney World has been open...

Old 10-13-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
and yet Disney World has been open...
The Florida park has many times the square footage that Disneyland has. They're working on it, though.

Before letting California theme parks reopen, Newsom is looking out of state:
https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...en-newsom-plan

Old 10-13-2020, 02:21 PM

On, a whim, I actually went to Downtown Disney (in Anaheim, CA) yesterday, Mon., Oct 12th. It opens at 10a & I was there at 10:15a. There were 2 long lines of cars to get in & I thought they finally started charging for parking again, but no, it's still free.

It can literally take only 10 min to walk through if you don't really go in any stores. That place is too tiny for me personally, but there's nothing else open so...

Things just aren't the same/as pleasant. There's long lines for everything, to get into every little store, which I definitely understand. I'm just saying how things feel these days. So we didn't go into the stores we normally would have.

They opened a new "store" that's just like the Disney store w/ more of the EXACT same merchandise & the line was like a LONG line for a ride to enter. I went out of curiosity but didn't buy a thing. I'm not a big Disney fan, I mean yes, I like Disneyland, but don't have any of their merchandise.

I did eat (outside) at Earl of Sandwich & was at DD a total of about 2 hrs. As I was leaving, there was a LONG, LONG line to enter the premesis.

NewbieHere, oh believe me, people will pay a lousy $25 to have some new scenery, get more Disney, any more little bit they can get, that's for sure! Downtown Disney was quite crowded because there's nothing else much to do. People want MORE, ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County