Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 06:53 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,610,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
In the past (and maybe even today in poor countries or households), if you lived in a one-room apartment or whatever and maybe even only had one bed, I would assume the parents had sex in front of the kids. Is this true or false?
I'm sure it happened ugh.
Hopefully most of that went on when the parents said --Go outside and play and dont' come home until dinner time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 11:39 AM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I'm curious why the wife thought this would all lead to less anxiety? Maybe less anxiety for the kids who didnt want to sleep alone but would likely get used to it after a few days.

We still need to lay down with our 5 and 7 year old at night and sometimes the end up in our bed. It's ok with us for now. I guess it's what you're ok with in the end.

Old 01-07-2022, 12:23 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Call me a big old meanie but I did CIO at 6 months with both of my kids. They were sleeping through the night in a matter of days in their own cribs. The only time I co-slept with them after that was when they were little and sick (stomach virus/cold/flu) and I wanted to keep a close watch on them.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:29 PM

6,850 posts, read 4,847,655 times
I can't help but wonder how many of us co-slept with our parents. I know I didn't. I don't have anxiety issues, either. *shrug

Old 01-07-2022, 10:55 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I can't help but wonder how many of us co-slept with our parents. I know I didn't. I don't have anxiety issues, either. *shrug
I don't know anyone who did this. At not on a regular basis. Thus, this is an enlightening thread for me.

Old 01-08-2022, 09:51 AM

9,114 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Classic episode, Everybody Loves Raymond. The Family Bed.

https://youtu.be/Dgpy0exfrGk

Old 01-08-2022, 01:48 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
My siblings and I never co-slept with our parents, either. I also don't have anxiety issues.

Old 01-08-2022, 03:03 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
To whoever left me the anonymous "rep point" that wasn't a rep - first of all, that's against the terms of service and the mods can easily figure out who sent it if I report it.

Secondly - that's why I started the whole post (which was written nearly a year ago), with "All I can tell you is this:" I was merely sharing my own experiences. And by the way, I stand by the entire post, every bit of it. In fact, since I wrote that post, my stepson was arrested again and is now serving ten years, five in prison and five on parole - which he will probably mess up again. And yes, I think that his mother enabling him, starting with "co sleeping," contributed to his issues. She's still enabling him and making excuses for him. It's a real shame.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:40 PM

524 posts, read 245,129 times
Co-sleeping is the norm for my culture, particularly if living tight quarters. Our arrangement evolved a bit as the bed got too crowded, like setting up their toddler beds in our room. I think by school-age they all moved voluntarily in their own rooms one by one (by then we finally had the space, lol), but we kept an open invitation to co-sleep on the weekends if they wanted to.

IDK, I guess it was drama-free because my spouse and I were on the same page with it, and we all got the rest we needed. It was a little sad at first not to have a little person snuggling with us at night, but now the dog and cats have taken their place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting