Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 08:29 PM

1,346 posts, read 877,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Dad01, good to see you on another post.

I concur on the TAE KWON DO! I teach it myself, and do know some people in the Illinois area, if you'd like to share what city you are in.
Thank you we are in Bolingbrook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2021, 06:57 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,716,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
Thank you we are in Bolingbrook
They have some cool sculptures at the Arboretum now if you have not seen them. They are huge and you can touch them. They usually have the scarecrow trail in October too. I think the light show starts next month.

Bemis woods (down Ogden in Western Springs) has a treetop adventure park. I think Lemont also has an adventure one at the quarries at the intersection of 83/Cal Sag. Your son will be too young for some activities, but I think they both have activities for younger children.

My nephew loves rock climbing. He just started this summer. He took a few lessons and now my sister does the belaying for him. I think locally, it’s a situation where you have to belong to a gym (some Ys or Lifetime) that offers lessons.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:01 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,303,740 times
Dad01, oh no. I'm sorry.

Bolingbrook I don't know about teachers there.

Although my ex fiancee lives there. And I do like the town.

Ahhh the mixed baggage of memories!

Old 10-30-2021, 06:32 PM

3,309 posts, read 1,782,159 times
Hot Wheels set up & play, fishing from shore, teach him how to clean & cook the catch. Cook hotdogs or toast marshmellos on a stick over a fire. Shooting a Daisy Red Ryder 500 shot BB carbine. (SAFELY!) He won't shoot his eye out. Teach him how to (SAFELY!) use a pocket knife even if it's just to sharpen a stick for the hotdogs. Go for a hike and look for animal tracks. Have lunch in the woods. Build & paint a plastic model. Read him a Jack London story.

That enough ? Most importantly, have fun !

Old 11-03-2021, 03:22 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,467,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
thanks

we played some board games today [ with our own rules]

doing more stuff with him with a telescope and with scouts

this summer was busy volcanoes , cooking ,camping , fire kit etc etc lots of adventures
If he is enjoying the telescope, check out planeteriums in your area to see if they have kid friendly events.

Old 11-11-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
If he is enjoying the telescope, check out planeteriums in your area to see if they have kid friendly events.
yes we did
but he knew more about the planets because of youtube

Old 11-11-2021, 06:18 AM

any suggestions for winter ? unfortunately I will not be at home for the 3 wk winter break [ i can only see him two day a week] but was hoping to enroll him in some kind of "winter camp" or somthing
otherwise he will just sit at home watch tv

Old 11-11-2021, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Dad01, oh no. I'm sorry.

Bolingbrook I don't know about teachers there.

Although my ex fiancee lives there. And I do like the town.

Ahhh the mixed baggage of memories!
no worries thanks for trying

Old 11-11-2021, 09:42 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,303,740 times
Dad01,

Thanks!

I just looked up on line, and there appears to be quite the experienced Tae Kwon Do Instructor through the Bolingbrook Park and Rec Department.

Ask to be able to watch a class. You and your child need to make sure there is a connection with the Instructor and their style of teaching, as well as the philosophy and culture of the class.

And I'll make sure to let you have a free class anytime you visit Milwaukee on a Monday or Wednesday!!!!

Old 12-06-2021, 06:39 AM

43 posts, read 21,551 times
Every kid I know wants to learn how to ride a skateboard. So I bought a board as a gift for my 6-year-old son. After a half year quarantine, I finally got him out of our apartment! He had never been skateboarding before. My baby girl loves the board, too. She loves the painting. It also comes with a little wrench and two wheel parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting