Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 12:40 PM

16 posts, read 20,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
We had some 'kiddie crime' in our neighborhood from teens roaming around at night from an adjacent neighborhood. Unlocked cars or homes were targeted and people would lose bikes and things left out overnight.

Some of the neighborhoods have lots of rentals and more resident turnover. Your realtor should know.
We are LE professionals looking to retire in an area that we dont have to worry "to much" about crime since we have seen it most of our lives. I ask about cantoment because I have seen some very nice homes at reasonable prices. Upon doing some youtube searches i found videos similar to the one linked so made me question what the area is like in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwQJn_lvQC0

Would Pace and or Milton be a better option?

Thanks for the replies. We will be visiting in August and will drive the area to see if first hand..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 12:58 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
The thing about Cantonment is that it’s not really a town, it’s just an unincorporated area of the county that most people pass through. What some people consider to be Cantonment, others may not. The older neighborhood around the paper mill is going to be the more ghetto type area, the farther out you get from there the better it gets, generally.

If you can go farther north towards Molino, you won’t have to worry about all of that. But to answer your last question, yes, Pace is a better choice than Cantonment.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:38 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,381,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier1kflyer View Post
We are LE professionals looking to retire in an area that we dont have to worry "to much" about crime since we have seen it most of our lives. I ask about cantoment because I have seen some very nice homes at reasonable prices. Upon doing some youtube searches i found videos similar to the one linked so made me question what the area is like in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwQJn_lvQC0

Would Pace and or Milton be a better option?

Thanks for the replies. We will be visiting in August and will drive the area to see if first hand..
Pace is by far a better choice.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
Pace is by far a better choice.
yes.. We are beginning to see that Pace is probably a better choice. We also do not want to be to far from Pensacola airport as I intend to work part time for one of the airlines in retirement days.. for the free travel.

Can anyone comment on what the average monthly utilities run for a home in Pace/Milton or even Pensacola? water, gas, electric, trash, internet.. ect..

Thanks

T

Old 02-19-2019, 07:24 AM

317 posts, read 825,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier1kflyer View Post
Can anyone comment on what the average monthly utilities run for a home in Pace/Milton or even Pensacola? water, gas, electric, trash, internet.. ect..

T
Water $30-50, Gas ??? (not in my neighborhood), electric $150-175, $60 per quarter, internet $60-70

Old 02-20-2019, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncnittany View Post
Water $30-50, Gas ??? (not in my neighborhood), electric $150-175, $60 per quarter, internet $60-70
Sounds good.. thanks for the info..

Old 03-06-2019, 10:23 AM

6 posts, read 8,223 times
Be aware that you are MUCH closer to the paper mill AND Solutia. Please do research and find the areas that have polution. Getting too close to either can be very harmful. I agree their are nice areas both to the east of Hwy 29, off of Kingsfield and west of 29 near Tate Highschool. Look into schools as well, if you are need them. Your drive into Pensacola can be a bit arduous from Cantonment. I lived off of Ten Mile for four years and didn't enjoy the drive...Cantonment is further out than Ten mile. Look into SuperFund sites as well. We do have a lot of areas to avoid, but if you can do your research, the area can be a wonderful area to live!!

Old 07-17-2023, 04:49 PM

18 posts, read 31,200 times
im looking at a new build in molino. i dont want what i saw on the you tube video period. should i reconsider molino?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola